Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyLauren

Faith, that is a lovely picture, and I am not just saying that.

Whether you leave it up or not, I congratulate you for chipping away at your own barriers!  Way to go!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Donica

Lovely picture Faith! Keep that bounce going girl.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Faith

Thanks for the positives, Kathy and Donica, and any other people in hiding. Of course, if you thought I was hideous, please stay in hiding! .. HAH, j/k .. no I'm not .. yes I am ...

Quoting my 'what made you happy today' post for posterity

Quote from: Faith on September 25, 2018, 01:14:47 PM
How to say this with minimal details.
I'll try this:
A new co-worker, same department so more direct interaction. Anyways, I felt a distancing/uncomfortable feeling and I didn't want that with someone that I work with. So, since day one I had intended to tell her that it was OK to ask questions, I'm fine with answering educationally, not for the perversely curious. You know what I mean.

Anyways, today I finally got the chance and approached her. Her response? "I just thought you were an older woman and didn't want to insult you by saying anything. I did have a feeling because I'm pretty good at recognizing my own kind but I wasn't sure"

O.O

Wait a minute .. OLDER? .. ok, I am old. But for someone that's a lifer (one that has known since single digits and living it) to wonder but decide I'm an older woman .. I'll take it. I am .. amazed? shocked? .. in wonder?? I don't know what to say.

We had a good long talk about things, our different perspectives and approaches, with that underlying "I understand" beneath it all. She was a bit shocked that it's only been a year (almost) of self-awareness for me with only ~7 months HRT.

I think my world is coming together.

yep, Happy moment

I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Faith on September 25, 2018, 02:53:56 PM
Thanks for the positives, Kathy and Donica, and any other people in hiding. Of course, if you thought I was hideous, please stay in hiding! .. HAH, j/k .. no I'm not .. yes I am ...

Quoting my 'what made you happy today' post for posterity

Damn it, Faith!! Isn't that what EVERYONE has been telling you????? Sheeeeesh Oh no you won't believe us but when another younger cis woman tells you you get all goose pimply?  I swear!! Fridge! Now!!

Love ya and hugs too,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Faith

Quote from: Laurie on September 25, 2018, 05:48:50 PM
QuoteThanks for the positives, Kathy and Donica, and any other people in hiding. Of course, if you thought I was hideous, please stay in hiding! .. HAH, j/k .. no I'm not .. yes I am ...

Damn it, Faith!! Isn't that what EVERYONE has been telling you????? Sheeeeesh Oh no you won't believe us but when another younger cis woman tells you you get all goose pimply?  I swear!! Fridge! Now!!

Love ya and hugs too,
  Laurie

**looks at what Laurie quoted** ... **looks at what Laurie replied** ... **looks back at what Laurie quoted** ... **looks back at what Laurie replied**

Are saying some young cis woman is calling me hideous and you're claiming that you said it first?
Well I never .... @!#$% ... Why I aughta ... @#$%@# ...

**peeks out from behind the fridge**
:D  :icon_wave: :icon_biggrin:

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Faith on September 25, 2018, 06:17:35 PM

QuoteThanks for the positives, Kathy and Donica, and any other people in hiding. Of course, if you thought I was hideous, please stay in hiding! .. HAH, j/k .. no I'm not .. yes I am ...

Love ya and hugs too,
  Laurie

**looks at what Laurie quoted** ... **looks at what Laurie replied** ... **looks back at what Laurie quoted** ... **looks back at what Laurie replied**

Are saying some young cis woman is calling me hideous and you're claiming that you said it first?
Well I never .... @!#$% ... Why I aughta ... @#$%@# ...

**peeks out from behind the fridge**
:D  :icon_wave: :icon_biggrin:

Looks like 'splaining needs doing

**looks at what Laurie quoted** 
QuoteThanks for the positives, Kathy and Donica, and any other people in hiding.

**looks at what Laurie replied**

Damn it, Faith!! Isn't that (I just thought you were an older woman)what EVERYONE has been telling you????? Sheeeeesh Oh no you won't believe us but when another younger cis woman tells you you get all goose pimply?

There all better?

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Faith

@Laurie
I'm so confused, I'm going to go eat some eggs.

•  

LizK

Quote from: Faith on September 26, 2018, 06:06:12 AM
@Laurie
I'm so confused, I'm going to go eat some eggs.

...but are they green and are you having ham?
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: LizK on September 27, 2018, 07:10:45 AM
...but are they green and are you having ham?

ah, no. They are turning a bit pink though :). Lori did make green eggs for my granddaughter the other day

On another note, while I'm in here, apparently my monthly cycle is making a 5th appearance. I texted Lori that I feel off today, not down or depressed, just off. Her reply was, "Beginning your cycle, very noticeable the last 3 days"

Well ... crap ...

Another thing that I noticed, my blah type feeling about the forums, feeling ignored/bypassed/alone. The last time, I asked @Cindy to lock my thread ... it was Aug 24th. It's happening again. Started a few days ago (tried to ignore it by making goofy posts @Stephanie. Today is the 27th; three days ago, per Lori, was exactly the 24th.

I think I'm regular.

So, I ask you to bear with me. If I should post a bit weird, or not quite as you've come to expect, I blame it on PMS

That's all.
Faith

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on September 27, 2018, 07:25:10 AM
ah, no. They are turning a bit pink though :). Lori did make green eggs for my granddaughter the other day

On another note, while I'm in here, apparently my monthly cycle is making a 5th appearance. I texted Lori that I feel off today, not down or depressed, just off. Her reply was, "Beginning your cycle, very noticeable the last 3 days"

Well ... crap ...

Another thing that I noticed, my blah type feeling about the forums, feeling ignored/bypassed/alone. The last time, I asked @Cindy to lock my thread ... it was Aug 24th. It's happening again. Started a few days ago (tried to ignore it by making goofy posts @Stephanie. Today is the 27th; three days ago, per Lori, was exactly the 24th.

I think I'm regular.

So, I ask you to bear with me. If I should post a bit weird, or not quite as you've come to expect, I blame it on PMS

That's all.
Faith

There is no doubt that this cycle is a "thing." I definitely experienced it myself for the first six months or so on HRT. Not so much any more, and I'm not sure why. Possibly the increasing assurance and confidence from living successfully as myself day-to-day helps compensate for the lows and smooths things out over the month.

The good thing is recognizing it lets you be mentally prepared for it and make allowances. While it's crummy while it's happening, knowing what's going on and that it won't last can make all the difference in your mood.

Hang in there, my friend. Consider it like a kidney stone. It hurts now, but it'll pass.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

I was thinking about hiding and lurking off the forums for awhile until Lori said that and got me thinking. I'm not going to let some hormones dictate my life.. well, not in this case anyways.

Wait, kidney stone? How about kidney boulder!

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 27, 2018, 07:41:26 AM
There is no doubt that this cycle is a "thing." I definitely experienced it myself for the first six months or so on HRT. Not so much any more, and I'm not sure why. Possibly the increasing assurance and confidence from living successfully as myself day-to-day helps compensate for the lows and smooths things out over the month.

The good thing is recognizing it lets you be mentally prepared for it and make allowances. While it's crummy while it's happening, knowing what's going on and that it won't last can make all the difference in your mood.

Hang in there, my friend. Consider it like a kidney stone. It hurts now, but it'll pass.

Stephanie

•  

sarah1972

You are not alone!  The first few months on HRT I did get cycles every month. Started around the 13th and I was feeling moody. That usually was followed by some bloating and crazy food cravings. This was in line with me cycling progesterone.  It has gotten a little better or I got used to it but I may want to track it a bit more to see if I still get the moody days. My dates were in line with me cycling progesterone. The drop in progesterone is the trigger for a cis female period.

Like your wife, mine kept making snarky comments about it being "this time of the month again". I did not dare to respond: "Now you know how I felt since we know each other".

I talked to my OBGYN about it, and she just shrugged and said "welcome to being a woman". We both had a good laugh about it.

The good news is - it is only a few days, usually after 4 days I am fine again.

I know there is no real scientific evidence for this but I know many trans women who experience some symptoms of PMS....

Stay strong, it will be over in a little bit!

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Faith on September 27, 2018, 07:25:10 AM

Well ... crap ...

I think I'm regular.

That's all.
Faith

•  

Faith

@Sarah .. Thanks. At least I'm not crazy (@Stephanie lips sealed, not a sound, not a type either!)

I checked back a little through my posts. When Kathy posted a picture of me that made me fall apart .. it was early in the 1st week of that month. Things get obvious once they're, um, obvious? :D

**Deep Breaths** **Breasts in/out** ... I mean ... **Breathe in/out**

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on September 27, 2018, 08:30:08 AM
@Sarah .. Thanks. At least I'm not crazy (@Stephanie lips sealed, not a sound, not a type either!)

I checked back a little through my posts. When Kathy posted a picture of me that made me fall apart .. it was early in the 1st week of that month. Things get obvious once they're, um, obvious? :D

**Deep Breaths** **Breasts in/out** ... I mean ... **Breathe in/out**

"Crazy" is such a loaded term. I have others in mind, but I was instructed to say nothing.

It was only after the first 3 or 4 cycles that I looked back at my posts here and recognized the pattern. Searching here and "asking the Google" showed me that I wasn't delusional. It's a real thing, even if you're not cycling the meds like Sarah was.

** Breasts out/breasts out/breasts OUT, darnit! **

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

"Crazy" is such a loaded term. I have others in mind, but I was instructed to say nothing.

:eusa_naughty:   :eusa_silenced:

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 27, 2018, 09:29:22 AM
** Breasts out/breasts out/breasts OUT, darnit! **

I was trying to get a rise out of you, I guess it didn't work :D

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on September 27, 2018, 09:37:45 AM
:eusa_naughty:   :eusa_silenced:

I was trying to get a rise out of you, I guess it didn't work :D

Please don't stop trying. I need all the help I can get. At this point it's only my ego that's inflated.

Stephanie

•  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 27, 2018, 09:39:22 AM
Please don't stop trying. I need all the help I can get. At this point it's only my ego that's inflated.
Stephanie

I did the google for inflatable boobs .. I don't recommend it ..  :icon_yikes:  .. I recommend sticking to assisted nature.

•  

Laurie

Boobs? boobs? Did someone say boobs? I want some(more) please. I like boobs.

•  

sarah1972

My eyes are burned. Note to self: If someone says google something... don't...

;D ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Faith on September 27, 2018, 09:42:43 AM

I did the google for inflatable boobs .. I don't recommend it ..  :icon_yikes:  .. I recommend sticking to assisted nature.

•  

Faith

Quote from: sarah1972 on September 27, 2018, 03:23:58 PM
My eyes are burned. Note to self: If someone says google something... don't...

;D ;D ;D ;D

I did recommend against it. You must learn to read with improved comprehension .. or wear your reading specs.
Oh, I forgot .. you burned your eyes. hm, Try aloe.

•