Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faith

As you may recall, PP renewed my prescriptions (estradiol & spironolactone) and added progesterone.  Well, they screwed up my prescription and never sent in the one for progesterone. I emailed about the error (calling is a horror, email is much easier) and it's finally been corrected. My prescription is in .. $30  :o  I hope it's a full 3 months or better. If that's 30 days I may have to do without.

Faith

Oh, hey Danielle, yep I saw your latest post .....
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Laurie

I had a $10/mo copay for it when I picked up my 3 month supply. So if you have an insurance plan that may be right for 3 months
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Quote from: Faith on September 30, 2018, 10:58:47 AM
Apparently I make a beautiful woman ..... must have been the smoke, smoking is still allowed in there ..... :D

Would it be childish if I said...told you so...Hmmm probably so I won't.....LOL

Quote from: Faith on October 01, 2018, 09:06:57 AM
I keep remembering things that I want to share. So much positive happened this weekend.

...Lori recounted something to me. While she was talking to the friend (girl) and I walked off to stand and listen to the music better, she (the friend) said, "He walks better than we do". Lori's reply was, "Yes, she does"

two things come out of that for me. First, apparently, I glide and sway when I walk :D .. secondly, Lori is not afraid to correct people on pronoun use. She told me that she is the only one allowed to mess up. (hmm, I wonder, what about me when I mess up on myself?)

Brilliant made me grin like a dope as I read this...I owe you an email and its comming, life is always getting in the road LOL I am glad read you are doing so well..you sound really happy.

Take care
Liz

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: LizK on October 02, 2018, 06:11:25 AM
Would it be childish if I said...told you so...Hmmm probably so I won't.....LOL

:eusa_naughty: ........... Yah, ok, but I think you were beat to the punch a few times ......

Brilliant made me grin like a dope as I read this...I owe you an email and its coming, life is always getting in the road LOL I am glad read you are doing so well..you sound really happy.

Take care
Liz

that's right, I need a full page update!! "The Ongoing Life and Times of Liz". A short essay is OK, I don't want you to break a typing finger.

•  

Faith

Quote from: Laurie on October 01, 2018, 05:13:03 PM
I had a $10/mo copay for it when I picked up my 3 month supply. So if you have an insurance plan that may be right for 3 months

3 mo with a partial refill (probably to cover next visit overlap). We should be ok on our meds. At least we have a fairly decent prescription plan. Hmm, Lori's planing on retiring, probably need to look into one of those as well. Currently all our insurance is through her work.

•  

TonyaW

Some pretty cool updates and a very nice picture, Faith.

You got this. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Faith

Quote from: TonyaW on October 02, 2018, 08:33:59 AM

You got this. 
Hi Tonya!  Thanks :)

So much happened this past little while, my head is still spinning. I keep thinking of things, start to post, and realize that I already shared it :P. Close friends telling me that if they didn't already know me, they'd have no clue I wasn't a (cis)woman (they don't say cis, that's my addition). I'm happy with the good, happy with my relationship with Lori, happy with the fact that mirrors and photos are starting to like me. I'm just happy.

If my transition stopped right now I think I could stay happy and I'm really just getting started. I'm afraid to coast though, I don't want the happy to fade due to some lack of progress my brain might detect (it's happened before). Let's not think about that ... stay happy  :icon_joy:

•  

steph2.0

Come on everyone, all together now:

"WE TOLD YOU SO!"

Sure, believe some old friend and dismiss us like an old shoe.  We know where we stand.

Seriously Faith, you've got me all bouncy, too!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on October 02, 2018, 11:38:45 AM
... dismiss us like an old shoe...
I have to ... we all need new shoes :D

QuoteWe know where we stand.
on old shoes?

QuoteSeriously Faith, you've got me all bouncy, too!
:icon_joy: :icon_joy: :icon_joy: :icon_joy: :icon_joy: :icon_joy: :icon_joy: :icon_joy: :icon_joy: :icon_joy: :icon_joy:

•  

Donica

Don't look now but your bouncing again!!!! "WE TOLD YOU SO" ;D

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Faith

Laws of physics say that the bouncing will slow down and stop without some external force working on it. Only one thing I can do ... I have to go out again and party!!!!

hmm, should I wear a dress this time?  Nah, too hard to dance in. Better to stick with slacks or jeans (just in case).

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on October 02, 2018, 12:46:07 PM
Laws of physics say that the bouncing will slow down and stop without some external force working on it. Only one thing I can do ... I have to go out again and party!!!!

hmm, should I wear a dress this time?  Nah, too hard to dance in. Better to stick with slacks or jeans (just in case).

Dancing in a dress is awesome! I highly recommend it. Find a skaters dress or fit-and-flare. You can't swirl slacks!

Swirly Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on October 02, 2018, 02:45:51 PM
Dancing in a dress is awesome! I highly recommend it. Find a skaters dress or fit-and-flare. You can't swirl slacks!

Swirly Stephanie

... some day ....

•  

sarah1972

Yeay Faith, I am so happy to read your post. This is such a great progress in just a few weeks! You have tremendous progress and seeing you saying you start liking to look into the mirror is just amazing!

I hope it keeps going and you stay happy!

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Faith on October 02, 2018, 09:57:09 AM
Quote from: TonyaW on October 02, 2018, 08:33:59 AM

You got this. 
Hi Tonya!  Thanks :)

So much happened this past little while, my head is still spinning. I keep thinking of things, start to post, and realize that I already shared it :P. Close friends telling me that if they didn't already know me, they'd have no clue I wasn't a (cis)woman (they don't say cis, that's my addition). I'm happy with the good, happy with my relationship with Lori, happy with the fact that mirrors and photos are starting to like me. I'm just happy.

If my transition stopped right now I think I could stay happy and I'm really just getting started. I'm afraid to coast though, I don't want the happy to fade due to some lack of progress my brain might detect (it's happened before). Let's not think about that ... stay happy  :icon_joy:

•  

Faith

Quote from: sarah1972 on October 02, 2018, 03:34:03 PM
Yeay Faith, I am so happy to read your post. This is such a great progress in just a few weeks! You have tremendous progress and seeing you saying you start liking to look into the mirror is just amazing!
YAY! :D

I hope it keeps going and you stay happy!

•  

Faith

emotionally draining day yesterday.

At Lori's request, I dressed down for an event last night. I never realized just how bad that could be now, I felt like I was undoing myself one piece at a time. I was choking back tears by the time I was ready to go. I'd like to point out, I was still all in feminine clothes (I don't have any of that other kind anymore) so it's not like I dressed masculine. It sure felt like it though. I picked the most androgynous combination that I could find. Trust me, I saw him head to toe. :(

She did apologize, after seeing how it affected me, multiple times. Said she'd never ask it again.

I've been very fortunate in my presentation, wearing what I feel is right. I knew it would bother me, read posts of others that had to switch gears for one day/night/event. Until it happens you just don't know what it's going to do. I don't want to go through that again.

My son treated us to late dinner/breakfast. Daughter and her children there as well. I had to use the restroom when we got there, Lori disappeared somewhere, so I used the men's room. I've never felt so out of place, I felt like I was in a dark alley at night. I couldn't stop looking around for trouble. I was alone with myself in a strange place. I've never felt that before either.

I had to keep choking back tears during the meal, I was afraid of a full meltdown. (3 different times) My wife knew ... my older granddaughter noticed (asked if I was alright) ... my daughter asked then said, "Oh this is the first week of the month" ... Older granddaughter heard her. 1st Week probably did contribute to what I was feeling, I suppose, maybe :P All in all that part of the evening went well. No joking or poking fun, they understood. With older granddaughter I think it's finally sinking in to her the reality of what I am doing and going through.

The waitress, older lady, did a good job juggling us 6 plus the other groups. She was the only one there (aside from the chef). We gave her a good tip. On the way out I asked her if I could give her a hug, which she accepted with a smile). I don't know why, I just felt that she needed one/deserved on and I wanted to do it. Odd feeling for me, turning into a hugger ... I never liked hugs.

Well, that seems long but is a brief description of last night. Today is a new day.

Faith

•  

sarah1972

Oh no Faith - I am so sorry. I can do fee with you... I had to do it on request of my wife. As you, I tried to find the most androgynous look I could find but it was draining. What got me through was the thought that I love my wife and this is incredibly hard on her, so the agreement we have is that she can always veto my outfits and ask to dress down. I really do it for her.it happens so rarely that it is a non issue, but I also know that she has been cutting back her social life a bit.

Male restrooms: this summer I wanted to avoid a very long line in front of the ladies room and opted for the men's room. OMG - I never felt so out of place. I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts, so I could have gone both ways, but I got way too many strange looks.

Stay strong Faith! You are a beautiful woman!!!

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Faith on October 03, 2018, 06:30:12 AM
emotionally draining day yesterday.

At Lori's request, I dressed down for an event last night. I never realized just how bad that could be now, I felt like I was undoing myself one piece at a time. I was choking back tears by the time I was ready to go. I'd like to point out, I was still all in feminine clothes (I don't have any of that other kind anymore) so it's not like I dressed masculine. It sure felt like it though. I picked the most androgynous combination that I could find. Trust me, I saw him head to toe. :(

She did apologize, after seeing how it affected me, multiple times. Said she'd never ask it again.

I've been very fortunate in my presentation, wearing what I feel is right. I knew it would bother me, read posts of others that had to switch gears for one day/night/event. Until it happens you just don't know what it's going to do. I don't want to go through that again.

My son treated us to late dinner/breakfast. Daughter and her children there as well. I had to use the restroom when we got there, Lori disappeared somewhere, so I used the men's room. I've never felt so out of place, I felt like I was in a dark alley at night. I couldn't stop looking around for trouble. I was alone with myself in a strange place. I've never felt that before either.

I had to keep choking back tears during the meal, I was afraid of a full meltdown. (3 different times) My wife knew ... my older granddaughter noticed (asked if I was alright) ... my daughter asked then said, "Oh this is the first week of the month" ... Older granddaughter heard her. 1st Week probably did contribute to what I was feeling, I suppose, maybe :P All in all that part of the evening went well. No joking or poking fun, they understood. With older granddaughter I think it's finally sinking in to her the reality of what I am doing and going through.

The waitress, older lady, did a good job juggling us 6 plus the other groups. She was the only one there (aside from the chef). We gave her a good tip. On the way out I asked her if I could give her a hug, which she accepted with a smile). I don't know why, I just felt that she needed one/deserved on and I wanted to do it. Odd feeling for me, turning into a hugger ... I never liked hugs.

Well, that seems long but is a brief description of last night. Today is a new day.

Faith

•  

Faith

Thank you Sarah for the commiseration and the compliment.

If I twist my thoughts just right I can call it ¿affirming? You start going through HRT getting all comfy and relaxed. Maybe, you think, I don't have to do this. I'm all settled out and happy. Then something happens, tailspin, and it reminds you of why you started all this in the first place. My reactions to moments like this one tells me unequivocally that I'm on the right path, don't turn aside.

Faith

addendum
As you likely read about my past weekend, Lori and I are just starting to regain our social life. Faith is ready to join the world. :)

•  

KathyLauren

Faith, you have been on a roll of "ups" lately.  I am sorry that yesterday was a "down".  I understand why you dressed down for your wife, but I don't know if I could do that.  And I understand fully about the effect of going to the men's room.  I *know* that I couldn't go there unless I was part of a gaggle of girls going to the men's room because of a huge lineup at the women's.  I'd have a meltdown before I got in the door, seriously.

I know that you are sensitive about your looks, but I also see that you are starting to accept people's word that you do indeed look good.  Too good to go to the men's room.  You are a woman; use the women's room.

Quote from: Faith on October 03, 2018, 07:28:42 AMMy reactions to moments like this one tells me unequivocally that I'm on the right path, don't turn aside.

There you go!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

Oh Faith, I remember those times so vividly. Thankfully I was never asked to "dress down" though I did do it a little in the early days by my own decision. Once, I was androgynous enough I didn't feel like I could get away with using the ladies room, despite having used nothing else for a while, so I used the men's room. And yes, it was just wrong!

I'm glad those around you picked up on your pain and will know in the future not to force you into that situation again. They are transitioning along with you, and it looks like they want only what's best for you. It will be better next time.

As for hugs, you'd better watch out next time we get together. I'm banking some big ones for you!

Stephanie

•