Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Faith on October 07, 2018, 07:20:18 AM
yesterday was a bad day. I had to stay off the forums. I'm better today but still have to shake things out of my head. Maybe I'll be on later to catch up.

Faith

@Faith
Dear Faith:
I trust that all of your bad experiences have been shaken out of your head by now....  hey girl, I have had my own bad days too.... it is called real life.

The important thing is to get your head around whatever issues you are experiencing and get back into a positive frame of mind that will allow you to go full speed again ahead in your journey toward your goals.
Just writing about issues that are bothering you is a great way to get it out and vented....  I also do a lot of that and for my really personal issues I spend time in my personal pen & paper journal.

Thank you for coming back to your thread.... your followers are a curious bunch and we want to follow along with you as you go forward.
Hugs and  hugs, and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Faith on October 07, 2018, 07:20:18 AM
yesterday was a bad day. I had to stay off the forums. I'm better today but still have to shake things out of my head. Maybe I'll be on later to catch up.

Faith

Sorry to hear that Faith. I was wondering, If I may ask? Are there any trans support groups near you guys? or Pride events in your area? Or are you already a member of a support group along with Susan's? I must say, they are a wealth or positive feedback and support.

Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jayne01

Hey Faith!

Sorry you had a bad day. Hope you are feeling better now.

Big Hug,
Jayne
  •  

KathyLauren

Faith, I hope that today was a better day, and that tomorrow is better still.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Faith

Hey everyone, One quick update then I'm back offline.

Got home Friday night from work, got showered and made up. I wanted to 'dress to WOW'. I'm not sure that I did. I had to change my outfit from what I had planned to something pick - Breast Cancer Benefit. I think I pulled off decent in any case.

The evening went well, not as great as the Saturday before (it had set the bar pretty high) but a good night. No untoward responses. Greeted by some friends, by all appearances, 'normally'. Couple others a bit strained. Several straight out accepting. One couple we hadn't seen in ages. I went to say hi and got hugs. They said that they recognized me right away .. because I was with Lori :P. The gal of the couple said straight out that I looked like a woman .. mission accomplished.

I danced a few slows with Lori, she grabbed me up for a couple fast dance .. ACK! .. I made it through but I was really self-conscious.

My nieces were there, I caught them up with my goings-on.

The woman from Saturday (with all the questions) caught me between dances, "Remember me?" .. how could I forget? She got back with us at the end of the evening. Started to say something and stopped looking at the others grouped around. I told her that it's OK, that's my brother and nieces. I looked at them and said, "This is the lady with all the questions". She's like, "You told them?"  :D

Anyway, she proceeded to tell me what an impact I had made on her. She said that she stayed up most of that night thinking about it, crying, doing more thinking.

Anyways, that's a summary of Friday.

Saturday morning was normal? I puttered around the house until my brother showed up. He handed over the keys to the car. We chatted a bit. Lori came out from her shower ready to go to work then had to leave. My sister picked him up to take my brother back. After that things fell apart.

I get severely depressed, thinking thoughts that I hadn't thought in months. "Why me?" "Why now?" "What's the plan" "Why'd it happen?" I even got to the point of thinking .. maybe if something were to happen to me everyone will be better off.

That's how Lori caught up with me when she come home for her lunch. We talked things over a bit, my mood didn't really change. She went back to work, I went for a walk. Walks usually clear my head, this one didn't. Mybe because Lori wasn't with me to bounce my thoughts and feelings off of.

When she got home from work, I was already curled up in bed for the night .. it was 7pm

This morning (Sunday), slightly improved, still depressed but no bad thoughts.

Thanks for reading
Faith
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

KathyLauren

Faith, I am sorry that the doubt monster caught up with you.  Hang in there.  You know you are doing this to be your true self.

Quote from: Faith on October 07, 2018, 05:17:33 PMI looked at them and said, "This is the lady with all the questions". She's like, "You told them?"  :D
Ha-ha!  I love this!  :D
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Faith
Dear Faith:
Thank your for sharing your update and describing your "up" and "down" couple days. 
In my opinion, these wild mood swings that you are having are not good for you....  I hope that you find a way to even things out a little.   
As reported, your "highs" are amazing and very self-affirming and confidence building... and that is very good in helping you to go forward full speed ahead reaching for your transition goals.... and the good news is that your Lori @DiLoris is at your side and on your side with her support and love.   Many married transitioners or transitioners with significant others do not have that big advantage.... you have a lot to be thankful for and you should count your blessings.

I wish that I had the magic words or perhaps my magic wand (which is broken at the moment) to minimize your "down" days.   We all have our "down days"... I have my own "down days" ..... but getting as far "down" as you describe after being so "up" and experiencing your amazing transition successes must be very frustrating for you and certainly does damage to your ego and your overall happiness.

I feel very badly for you, and while I enjoy your updates it breaks my heart to hear of your personally difficult times that you go through at times.

I am reaching out to you with my thoughts, my HUGS, and the shared love that all of your followers have for you.
Danielle

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Hello Faith.  I'm glad to read that you've had some fun times recently.  This is how is should be.  Don't let the down moments hold you back.  I don't have any advice other than we all have them as @Alaskan Danielle noted and the best we can do is ride them out in anticipation of better times. 

You seem to have a good group of people surrounding you.  I love that your new friend with questions was surprised that you "outed" her.  Now thats a turnaround, for sure!  I can only imagine when she told you this  "Anyway, she proceeded to tell me what an impact I had made on her. She said that she stayed up most of that night thinking about it, crying, doing more thinking." that you were surprised.  Yes you have made an impact on people, many more than you can imagine.  This is something to be proud of, living your life on your terms.  Not everyone can do that.  I'm happy you are feeling a bit better.  I wish you more good days ahead.
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Jayne01

Dear Faith,

I am sorry you have been hit by some depressive thoughts. You probably don't want to hear any kind of glass half full stuff right now and would rather a hug. Well I am me, so I am going to give you both.

Hug first..... (((((HUG)))))

I experienced similar extreme ups and downs earlier in my transition, just like you are now. I would have a stretch of feeling incredible then I would suddenly feel depressed, doubting myself and wondering "why me?". My therapist actually told me that cycle was a good thing and a sign of progress. She told me that human development usually involves two steps forward and 1 step back when it comes to progress. Its how children develop and it is also how adults of all ages develop.

Hang in there Faith and ride out this storm. It will pass and you will return to your previous highs. As you continue along your journey, these lows will continue to appear but they will occur further and further apart and will become less and less severe. Eventually they will be nothing more than a normal run of the mill crappy day that everyone has from time to time.

Stay strong girl and think of all the positive things you have experienced these past weeks. You are doing really well.

More big (((((HUGS)))))
Jayne
  •  

Faith

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. Yes, we all have the ups and downs. I had not been that 'down' in a very long time. It was unexpected to say the least. Saturday afternoon and most of Sunday were very difficult to get through. Today is a new day and I appear to be back on the upswing. I'm not bouncing but at least I'm not down.

On that note, how about a Monday morning photo op?

Faith

•  

Jayne01

Glad to see you swinging back up again Faith! [emoji2]

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

KathyLauren

Hi, Faith.  Glad to see that you are up and about again!
  •  

TonyaW

The downer days can seem a lot worse after a few good days and especially if nothing sets them off.

Glad to hear your feeling better.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

sarah1972

Hey Faith - so glad you feel better! Even better that it was such a short episode. Such episodes will always be part of our lives- we just have to learn to handle them. Seems like you have been able to shake it of very quick.

Can't wait for your promised ,infamy morning photo op!

Stay strong!

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Donica

And the bounce goes on! Glad your feeling better Faith.

Hugs girl!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Faith

Since Sarah was the only one to mention my Monday photo, you'll have to beg her for it. I sent it to her in a PM

NYAH!! :P

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on October 08, 2018, 01:23:56 PM
Since Sarah was the only one to mention my Monday photo, you'll have to beg her for it. I sent it to her in a PM

I showed you mine, now you show me yours.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Faith on October 08, 2018, 01:23:56 PM

@Faith
Dear Faith:
               Hmmmm
Danielle

•  

Donica

What photo? Pictures or it didn't happen girl!
  •  

Faith

I have no idea what you all are going on about regarding some post that I may have or may not made mentioning the possibility of posting a Monday photo should anyone be interested.

•