Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudiBlueEyes

"At the end of the evening my son (who was also there, miracles do happen) asked Lori if she thought I would be OK with a hug. She said, of course. So, for the first time in his adult life, my son gave me a hug and a peck - same way that he does for Lori."

This is so nice to read! My son hugs me all the time so I understand how that feels.  Wonderful. 
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Faith

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on October 17, 2018, 09:08:50 AM
"At the end of the evening my son (who was also there, miracles do happen) asked Lori if she thought I would be OK with a hug. She said, of course. So, for the first time in his adult life, my son gave me a hug and a peck - same way that he does for Lori."

This is so nice to read! My son hugs me all the time so I understand how that feels.  Wonderful. 
Judi

yes it was. Hopefully he'll get more comfortable with it. Understandably, he was a bit nervous. Well, maybe not understandably. To put it mildly, I wasn't all that affectionate or approachable over the years (go figure). He must be sensing the changes. I do seem to have changed just a little :D

On to another matter, Monday Photo. I was not in the mood to post my weekly. So here I am, nothing special, I do have my hair pulled back to keep it our of my face, very annoying sometimes.

Maybe someday it'll be worthy of longer view times (speaking for myself)

Faith

Oh, Hey Danielle ... yes, good news, a good night, I find that my 'down and doubtful' times to be of much shorter duration than they have been in the past. That's also good :)
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Faith on October 17, 2018, 08:29:22 AMAt the end of the evening my son (who was also there, miracles do happen) asked Lori if she thought I would be OK with a hug. She said, of course. So, for the first time in his adult life, my son gave me a hug and a peck - same way that he does for Lori.

That is so sweet! :)

Quote from: Faith on October 17, 2018, 09:23:23 AM
Oh, Hey Danielle ... yes, good news, a good night, I find that my 'down and doubtful' times to be of much shorter duration than they have been in the past. That's also good :)

I am very happy to hear this.

I love to see your growing confidence, Faith.  :D
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Donica

Great news indeed Faith. My daughter is very affectionate too. It's the greatest feeling isn't it. My son lives too far away so I don't get to see him very often but we phone all the time.

How nice to still get to play with the band. I have long time friend that still call me by my old name too but not on purpose. It will take time but they will catch on.

As I've said before, you have the cutest tops Faith. I love the you are wearing in your resent picture.

Hugs girl!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Faith

Hey Donica :) Thanks (about the top), It has been concluded by several female family members that I have good (read tasteful) fashion sense.

I have found that I am becoming more affectionate, not just with Lori, but everyone (strangers excluded!!). I really like my hugs. My son is bigger than I am. Being hugged by someone bigger is a new feeling for me.

Work:
(did I bring this up before? I'm drawing a blank)
So I had sent an email in to HR about a single restroom for me to use stating that it's so popular that an embarrassing situation could occur. I asked the company policy (I know I could force the issue, that's not the point). The answer was, they converted two more restrooms to unisex.

On the face of it that would appear to be a step in the right direction. It's not. All they did was side-step the issue rather than face it. What it also does is limit the multi-use women's restroom into a single use AND have to utilize such space after slovenly messy gross dudes have used it.

They plan on remodeling two other restrooms in the near future. That will limit further the available rooms. If it becomes an issue (and it will) I will start using the 2nd floor ladies rooms.

again with the blank, I was going to add more. Now I can't remember.

Faith
*surviving CRS one forgotten thing at a time**

ps

I saw your post Kathy, I'd never ignore one of yours :)

•  

Faith

please excuse this interruption

Quoteagain with the blank, I was going to add more. Now I can't remember.

oooo, I remember.

I noticed that my upper body hair has a lot less black to it. A lot more light white instead (not gray, which is coarse).

I now return you to whatever topic I distracted you from

•  

Donica

It may eventually disappear, or at least, turn into peach fuzz.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Nicole70

Hi Faith,

Lots of positive updates here I've just caught up on, acceptance, band in the park, hugs from your son, body hair softening they are all pretty big items. I think getting a hug from your son is especially nice, a special moment for you both, and shows acceptance as a woman.

I'm glad you are feeling better from your down period last week, I am also finding they are getting shorter. I get what you meant about not letting go of the safety net, it's very hard to do.

You are looking good in your latest photo.

Hugs

Nicole
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Donica on October 17, 2018, 02:36:21 PM
It may eventually disappear, or at least, turn into peach fuzz.

Upper body epilating is reduced to once every couple weeks. I started out every day/other day. Legs are similar :)
Sometimes you have to take a step back and think about where you started so that you know where you are.

Quote from: Nicole70 on October 17, 2018, 03:03:05 PM
Hi Faith,

Lots of positive updates here I've just caught up on, acceptance, band in the park, hugs from your son, body hair softening they are all pretty big items. I think getting a hug from your son is especially nice, a special moment for you both, and shows acceptance as a woman.

I'm glad you are feeling better from your down period last week, I am also finding they are getting shorter. I get what you meant about not letting go of the safety net, it's very hard to do.

You are looking good in your latest photo.

Hugs

Nicole

thank you, I agree. Lots of special moments, my son a very important one.

safety net .. time to cut the strings .............................................................

Oh, did I reply to your before/after? I thought I did. I know I saw it. Very clear progress. Looking very feminine in your 'after' Which is also you current profile. I do pay attention sometimes

•  

Nicole70

Quote from: Faith on October 17, 2018, 03:35:57 PM

Oh, did I reply to your before/after? I thought I did. I know I saw it. Very clear progress. Looking very feminine in your 'after' Which is also you current profile. I do pay attention sometimes

Yes thank you for your reply to my update, I'm feeling pretty good at the moment, could do with loosing some pounds but well I have no really good excuses, it is what it is. I haven't been very active this week on the forum, I have an important update to finish and prepare for install this weekend at work so apologies if I haven't replied.

•  

Donica

Quote from: Faith on October 17, 2018, 03:35:57 PM
Upper body epilating is reduced to once every couple weeks. I started out every day/other day. Legs are similar :)
Sometimes you have to take a step back and think about where you started so that you know where you are.

I used to use a epilady back in to day. I think it was made by Ikea? It had a coiled spring that spun. It was very dangerous and painful to use :o. If you didn't keep your skin tight, it would give you a nasty pinch. OUCH!!! What epilator are you using?

Donica.
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Nicole70 on October 17, 2018, 04:32:59 PM
Yes thank you for your reply to my update, I'm feeling pretty good at the moment, could do with loosing some pounds but well I have no really good excuses, it is what it is. I haven't been very active this week on the forum, I have an important update to finish and prepare for install this weekend at work so apologies if I haven't replied.
no apologies. I spend plenty of time off the forums, whether I want to or not :/

Quote from: Donica on October 17, 2018, 05:04:31 PM
I used to use a epilady back in to day. I think it was made by Ikea? It had a coiled spring that spun. It was very dangerous and painful to use :o. If you didn't keep your skin tight, it would give you a nasty pinch. OUCH!!! What epilator are you using?

Donica.

You can still get a pretty good pinch in the softer skin areas (like upper inner thighs) if you aren't careful
I use the Braun Silk-épil 9 9-579

•  

Faith

I've been struggling a bit with self-image. Last night it hit hard. Today was not good. As my 1st, and likely only, post for today I thought I would leave you with something that I wrote the other night during one of those moments.

When you are feeling low and hateful
Listen not to low and hateful things
Instead listen to uplifting and loving things
For they will brighten your soul
And happiness shall come forth like
Rays of sunshine on a cloudy day

.                    Faith Nicole Davey

Nothing special but it came out from in me somewhere and I wanted to share it. I'm sure it's based on something that I heard or read somewhere.

Faith

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Faith on October 18, 2018, 04:14:52 PM
I've been struggling a bit with self-image. Last night it hit hard. Today was not good. As my 1st, and likely only, post for today I thought I would leave you with something that I wrote the other night during one of those moments.

.                    Faith Nicole Davey

Nothing special but it came out from in me somewhere and I wanted to share it. I'm sure it's based on something that I heard or read somewhere.

Faith

@Faith
Dear Faith:
We all have had, or now have experienced similar kinds of struggles... 
...I do know that from following your thread that your battles
with self-image are not something that is new to you.
You did the right thing by trying to get yourself out of the
negativity by writing and pondering.....

I really like what you wrote....  I think that it belongs in my thread
      "Positive Mindset... put away negativity"
I would like it a lot if you would post it there perhaps with a brief summary of why you wrote it.   It will be most helpful to all that read your words...   

I trust that you day will get better and that your self-doubt and discouragement will diminish as you ponder what you read on the Forums and on my "Positivity" thread.   

Your biggest fans, aside from your wife Lori, are right here on your thread, we want to support you with our love and understanding...
.... we always have an ear to listen and a shoulder to lean on...  continue to allow us to do so.
Thank you for being comfortable to share with us.
    [emoji173]
Hugs and more hugs,
Danielle   
                         cc: @DiLoris
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

davina61

well I would have quoted that verse but my computer skills are lacking (don't bother to explain) , yes always look for the GOOD and CHEARFUL , see the speed typer beat me to it!!!!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on October 18, 2018, 04:14:52 PM

Always look on the bright side of life.
(Whistle)

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Anne Blake

Quote from: Faith on October 17, 2018, 08:29:22 AM
At the end of the evening my son (who was also there, miracles do happen) asked Lori if she thought I would be OK with a hug. She said, of course. So, for the first time in his adult life, my son gave me a hug and a peck - same way that he does for Lori.

Hi Faith, I have to believe that the response from your son, "my son gave me a hug and a peck - same way that he does for Lori.", had to have you over the moon. Having my sons refer to me as mom and give me the same hugs that they give Debi is just awesome. Congratulations with having your son see and fully accept the new you!

Tia Anne
  •  

Faith

Tia Anne, yes, it was a very moving moment. I don't think I reciprocated it properly though. No, more like, I held back a squee response to avoid making him uncomfortable. He was already nervous about it. You'd have to know him to understand why.

Danielle, someone else can quote it in there if they find it worthy. I'm not much for cross-posting myself around forums.

Today, a bit up on mood. No, that's not right, my mood wasn't down. I was hit by body dysphoria. Properly distracted my mood was fine. Someday I'll be worth looking at, maybe, possibly, hopefully.

Today I am also very tired and sluggish. It's almost like I took some nighttime allergy pills (except that I didn't). Coffee isn't helping. I may need to scrounge up some sweet snacks.

I wore a new top today and took a selfie. You can tell that I'm really tired. It's not worthy of posting.

•  

Donica

Regardless of where they came from Faith, they are wonderful words to live by.  Wonderful words that will brighten everyone's day. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs girl,
Donica.
  •  

LizK

Hi Faith

Just caught up on your thread...I am still about the same place with the email but promise I will finish it today as I wanted to continue our discussion and now with all this new stuff happening in you life that I will include in the email...Take care
Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •