Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne01

Hi Faith, just caught up on your thread. I don't know where all the time is going. It took me 9 hours just to update my own thread whenever I get a few minutes free time.

I don't even recognise you anymore when I compare the new you to the earlier version of Faith when we first met on the forum. You are even writing uplifting quotes to help pull you out of the blues. BTW, I agree with Danielle, that short paragraph you wrote deserves some space in her Positive mindset thread. I love the way you are owning who you are. The Hug moment from your son as really sweet. That must have made you feel very warm and fuzzy. And even when you have a crappy day, it doesn't wipe you out for an extended period of time. You recognise the cause of what made you feel bad and you manage to bounce back very quickly.

You're amazing Faith!

Big hugs to you!
Jayne
  •  

Faith

I've been reading your thread (your's, Lauri's, Michelle's, whole slew of others), I am not the amazing one. I am just trying to hold myself together. My BD kicked in hard again back on the 17th and hasn't relented yet. I'm running out of distractions, I stay right to the edge of falling apart. I'm totally burning out. I've lost my bounce :(

I keep hoping and waiting for my first real mail-fail. Not the 'all dolled up', ma'am .. ladies. I mean the one where you're all sweaty in old clothes, go someplace like Home Depot, and still get ma'am, miss, ms .. something. It hasn't happened. I only get it when I cover up my face, that tells me a lot.

Quote from: Jayne01 on October 20, 2018, 07:25:28 AM
Hi Faith, just caught up on your thread. I don't know where all the time is going. It took me 9 hours just to update my own thread whenever I get a few minutes free time.

I don't even recognise you anymore when I compare the new you to the earlier version of Faith when we first met on the forum. You are even writing uplifting quotes to help pull you out of the blues. BTW, I agree with Danielle, that short paragraph you wrote deserves some space in her Positive mindset thread. I love the way you are owning who you are. The Hug moment from your son as really sweet. That must have made you feel very warm and fuzzy. And even when you have a crappy day, it doesn't wipe you out for an extended period of time. You recognise the cause of what made you feel bad and you manage to bounce back very quickly.

You're amazing Faith!

Big hugs to you!
Jayne
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Faith

suck it up and deal

I'll go do that.

•  

Donica

So if I'm in a skirt and blouse but no makeup and some handsome gentleman holds the door for me, is that a male fail?
Quote from: Steph2.0 on October 20, 2018, 03:28:14 PM
Welcome to the club, hon. I'll leave it to you to decide how well I'm doing in the presentation department, but I can say I haven't been misgendered in quite a long time now. BUT, there is no way in H E Double Toothpicks I would ever attempt to leave the house without at least minimal makeup, jewelry, brushed hair, and reasonably feminine clothing. I will not tempt fate by going out without those precautions, in an attempt to test male-fail. I might try it after the first of the year, after the swelling subsides from FFS, but now, not a chance.

So yeah, in effect, I'm covering my face, too, along with so many others here, so you shouldn't feel bad about it. We're both starting from a pretty good place, so all we have to do is a little enhancement. Right or wrong, it's what we women do to make ourselves presentable to the world. Get used to it, sister. [emoji6]

Stephanie

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Faith on October 20, 2018, 01:26:08 PM
I've been reading your thread (your's, Lauri's, Michelle's, whole slew of others), I am not the amazing one. I am just trying to hold myself together. My BD kicked in hard again back on the 17th and hasn't relented yet. I'm running out of distractions, I stay right to the edge of falling apart. I'm totally burning out. I've lost my bounce :(

I keep hoping and waiting for my first real mail-fail. Not the 'all dolled up', ma'am .. ladies. I mean the one where you're all sweaty in old clothes, go someplace like Home Depot, and still get ma'am, miss, ms .. something. It hasn't happened. I only get it when I cover up my face, that tells me a lot.
So sorry Faith. I know exactly how you feel. I only get gendered correctly with makeup and women's clothes. Yesterday at work I was wearing makeup with my work uniform and I was getting misgendered all day long. It sucks. Here is a long distance virtual hug... (((((HUG)))))

Try not to focus what isn't happening and concentrate in what is working well for you. That seems to be helping me cope.

Hang in there girl, you will get through this and will bounce back to your happy self.

Big hugs!
Jayne
  •  

Faith

popping in for one post then I'm going away again.

I am not in a good place, my head is all skewed BD and GD both are killing me (figuratively, not literally). They taint everything that I see and hear. I need a break from life but there's no escape.

I hope all of you are still here for me when I'm back to myself, in a day, a week, a month, I have no idea.

I will leave you with this bit of positive laced with negative (which did nothing to alleviate my current moods and feelings).

We managed to make a late arrival at the local music club gathering. Lori did her best to dress 'as a guy', she failed miserably but it was funny watching her try to be grumpy and not smile. I dressed mostly, not quite, goth-like. Darkened makeup, clothes, ring/bracelet/lace combos on each hand (different). I could not find my earrings and I did not have time to fit the pitch black wig that I have.

1st positive, we missed the competition. Ok by me, I didn't want to be in it  in the first place. BUT, we were told that we would have won easily. I had to dress goth-like because a friend stated that we should go as man/woman (Lori=man, of course). I told her that I dress as a woman all the time, it's not a costume.
2nd positive, with a bit of negative, an acquaintance came up expressing their gladness at seeing us since it's been a while. He wanted confirmed on  my chose name, which he used. He also told Lori (he was speaking primarily to her, directed at me as well) that I 'make a good looking woman'. I wanted to say, 'I am one'. I didn't speak up.
3rd positive. A elder friend came straight over and gave a big hug. No discomfort, just happy to see us.

I was almost in tears when were left barely 20 mins later. Not from happy, from the distance, the avoidance, the no eye contact. I was not specifically shunned, I did feel set aside. Lori got the Hi's and Hugs from most, I got to just stand there feeling invisible. I will seriously question whether we go back again or not.

That's it an update that I didn't really want to type but I did anyways.

'see' you when I come back, take care
Faith

•  

KathyLauren

Faith, I am sorry that you need to take a time-out.  I wish I could help.  If you need to talk, feel free to PM me or email me.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

I'm sorry to hear you are not in a good place.  I hope it will pass soon.  We'll be here.

On a side note, your acquaintances being distance is probably more about them not fully understanding than it is about you.  They will come around.  You have a good group of friends it seems. 
Hugs, Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Jayne01

Hi Faith,

Take whatever time you need, we will be here when you return. Please don't stay away too long, we will miss you. Feel free to PM or email if you want to talk privately.

Big hugs!!!

Jayne
  •  

Donica

Hope to see you back soon Faith.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jayne01

Hi Faith,

(((((BIG HUG)))))

I hope you are well and feeling better. Just dropping in to let you know that you haven't been forgotten and we are still here whenever you feel ready to return. Don't rush, take as long as you need, your friends aren't going anywhere.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Faith

Sorry, I'm not here. Please leave a message after the beep
<<BEEP>>

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Faith on October 31, 2018, 08:34:40 AM
<<BEEP>>

@Faith
Dear Faith:
Oh, that is very cute.....  Beep  Beep  ;)
At least your followers now know that you are peeking in on your thread and on the forums during your sabbatical leave.

You can rest in the fact, that even though you are gone for a time, we care about you and want you to know that we are here to support you.... and give you HUGS !!!

I trust that you get some of the issues that you are working out resolved soon...
...we want to see your progress, pictures and your updates as you feel comfortable posting them.

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

steph2.0

<<BEEP>>

Hi Ms. Faith. This is your friend Stephanie. I'm calling to let you know that I and everyone else here are thinking of you and wishing for the best. Take care, and talk to you later.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Faith
OK now, PhantomFaith
.... so while you were peeking in, I saw that you posted reply comments
on both the threads of @Jayne01  and  @LizK

So, I take it then that you are still alive and kicking ... and even commenting!

Please take your time to get your head around any issues that you are dealing with.
Do know however, we miss you.

Hugs and hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Quote from: Faith on September 06, 2018, 07:37:50 PM
Not sure who's bothering to read this, I'm probably typing to myself
... I know you are Judi so hush, let me wallow ...

Faith, No wallowing allowed.  Just like the hide and seek game we used to play, "olley, olley in free, come out come out wherever you are!"

You must be feeling a little better, no?  I hope you are.  We are here filling in the void until you return.
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Donica

<<BEEP>>

Hi Faith! Pick up. It's me Donica. I know your there. I can hear you breathing. Come Faith, pick up, pick up, pick up <<BEEP>> Dang it.
  •  

Faith

Well, it feels like forever rather than a few days. My heads still split, all kinds of happy doubts (if that makes sense to anyone). I'm bored at work and thought to myself, "Hey, Self!! Why not log in on the forums and give an update?" Not being one to argue with myself (HAH!, yeah, right. Like everyday!!!!!! .. ahem .. ) here I am. Now I have to remember what's happened the last little bit.

1st off. I'll not get into much of what I've been going through. Those that checked on me, and I had the email for, got an earful (eyeful) though. Even then I glossed over a lot of it. Thanks for the check-ins, they mean a lot even if I'm a grouchy old biddy when I reply.

I need to scroll back and look at what I've already written, excuse me a moment ...
OH!! .. Direct apology to Steph. You didn't type anything seriously amiss, I just wasn't ready for it.
hmm, there's more. excuse me again ...
Ok, caught up, sort of. Jamboree was the last update. Only a week? That doesn't seem right ...

I've had to deal with a few well-meaning (ex)friends who want to fix me. One of them was a religious questionnaire email (that I'll not recount). It threw me for a loop mentally. It didn't trigger any doubts on my part, it did set my head spinning in the 'what does everyone else I know think, what are they hiding?. I've concluded, for the 1000th+ times .. Too bad, I'm me.

We made a showing at the local weekly outdoor jam (not the jamboree). We arrived late (Lori was working). They were doing a celebration of life for a friend of ours that passed. She was aware of my changes although it wasn't dramatic yet at that time. She never once changed how she looked at me or how she talked to me. It was an, "Oh, Ok"  kind of thing and that was it.

I did not play although I brought my stuff. I decided it was too late to drag it all out. There was someone else playing bass anyways. We sat on the seawall to listen. I had 3 friends come to me to say Hi, a 4th waved me over (he was playing and couldn't come to me). 5 people, 5 hugs. 1 gal friend stated that she was going to have to step up her game to compete with my outfits. One guy made sure to comment on how good I looked. (creepy hug guy from several? months ago, I recounted it somewhere). I had bad thoughts wondering if he's 'closet gay' (not that I care) and would make a move if Lori wasn't standing guard ... I don't want to find out ... blah .. Sorry, that's not nice. Wondering where the 5th come from? She was sitting next to guy 4 that waved me over. She doesn't understand but totally accepting.

out of 50+ people, they were the only ones to approach me. Not sure how or don't want to? No idea. Doesn't matter.

Perhaps I should mention, I did not change after work. I was there in a maxi skirt, top, black sandals. Same outfit that I wore in my profile picture way back when, the first skirt outfit that I wore to work. You'll have to work to remember what it looked like, something ate all my images. I had never worn a skirt in front of them before, that was the first time. Lori was surprised that I did it. I'd always changed to slacks before when we were going places where people knew me.

rolling backwards a little further. I felt good all that day at work, I don't know, it was just a good day. At home before I left to meet Lori I checked the mirror to make sure everything was set and ... there she was ... I looked away and looked back, she was still there. I had to spend a few minutes gazing in wonder.

ok, moving back forwards. Lori got dragged into a conversation about me with the wife in the ex-friend couple (from way back when I first came out (read my thread, it's in there!!). It set her back a bit in her own thoughts. I'll not recount what Lori said of the conversation, I bet you all can surmise. Yesterday morning Lori asked me to call her (I was at work). She just wanted to hear my voice (not much voice, it's almost gone from being in the night air too much) .. and she wanted to apologize for letting that (ex)friend conversation twist her thoughts away from her own. Really? no apology needed. Lori already has put up with more and worked with and accepted more than I could ever have hoped or dreamed of. I fully expected to be alone by this time .. I love my wife, just sayin'  :icon_flower: :icon_love: :-*

Let's see .. Oh, night air. I rushed home on Wed to start primping and dressing up for Halloween. I had most of it done before Lori got home. I did a pretty good job, imo, on the extreme face makeup. So well, in fact, that Lori said it looked really good on me ... just not for every day.  No problem there, that's too much work. We went with the 'spray on temporary black hair color' rather than the wig, it was late and I didn't want to deal with trying to get it settled and brushed right. The spray gave a good mix of black and silver.

--- no pictures !!!!! -- I was fine all night until Lori took some pictures and I looked at them. Some old guy in drag .. no thank you. Killed my evening at that point. Good thing we were on the way home by then. The topper was getting home and realizing that I lost my drivers license at some point in the walk (I kept fishing out throat lozenges all night). I was wearing a smaller glitter bag and not my larger one as part of the costume.

Yesterday I wore jeans, sneakers, button up top, no makeup. I wasn't in dress up mood. Today I'm in a nice top and skirt. What a bunch of wishy-washy up-down-sideways days I've been having. I still don't feel like myself yet.

Hmm, I remember a moment but not what day. Lori and I were out and we stopped at IHOP to grab a bite. I was feeling a bit mediocre down and bummed. I was not dressed up at all. Mild make-up, hair tied back, jeans. We chatted a bit about whys and wherefores when out came the magic word .. the waitress referred to us as 'ladies' several times. That first one couldn't keep the grin off my face, Lori looked up at the same time and met my eyes with one of her own grins. Almost a full male-fail moment .. I'll get there.

I think that catches things up. Like I said, there is a lot going on in my head that I am not going to spew out, it's just too much to put words to.

I'll try to check in more often, no promises.

Take care everyone, thanks for caring
Faith

•  

Donica

Great update Faith! It's great to see you back too. Oh ya, About that phone call earlier this week? Please disregard. The night air makes my voice hoarse too. Wow, I would call that a male fail. Ahhh, really? No pictures? OK girl. No worries.

Hugs,
Donica.
  •  

KathyLauren

Hi, Faith.  Thanks for checking in.

Being addressed as "ladies" is a full-on male fail.  No "almost" about it.  :D

Don't be a stranger!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •