Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudiBlueEyes

Quote from: Faith on November 03, 2018, 03:39:40 PM
Hey Judi, I think the phrase is "it's becoming me" :)

Regardless, the smile is working!  Keep doing it!   ;D
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Anne Blake

Hi Faith,

Welcome back, it is good to see you here. And those pictures, particularly the fourth one, show you as very pretty and oh so happy! It does look good on you.

Tia Anne
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on November 03, 2018, 04:01:58 PM
come on now Steph, have you looked at your profile picture recently? You can't see that smile of yours?

I can, Faith, but do see a lot of "him" in there still. But here's the thing: I no longer care. Between the assurances from all of you, and the most amazing week I've had, I've come to believe what I'm being told and what I'm seeing in the reactions of everyone around me. As Cassie and I keep saying to each other, "We've made it." And I finally think I truly feel that now. It's one of the most awesome realizations I've ever experienced, and if you don't believe it now, you will.

Give yourself the time you need, and vow to stop beating yourself up, and some day, sooner than you think, it'll smack you upside your head and you'll see what you couldn't before. You're a beautiful woman. Welcome to the new reality.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Hey Tia, thank you  :). Pretty  ;D I can't see myself as pretty but I guess I don't have to. Thinking of yourself as beautiful or pretty could lead to egotism I suppose. Best to leave it for others to see or not.

My goal (one of) is to stop being down on myself. I have to realize, there is nothing wrong with him as long as she is in the forefront in my mind's image. Its hard. Right now seeing him is like a mental hammer-blow. Someday the twain shall meet.

Steph, I know exactly what you are saying. I can't brush it aside, not yet. Someday. Beautiful  :icon_redface: you all ... y'all .. need to stop with that, I might start believing it.

Well, that's all for this morning. As those of you have expressed with some very firm words of reminders, any update is better than none.

Since I have not posted a 'weekly', here is a fuzzy one from a few minutes ago. Mostly him but I am wearing Lori's shirt :D

I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

KathyLauren

Faith, you are beautiful!  Today's photo certainly shows that.

Maybe I look at faces differently than you do.  Some people look for certain features.  Does she have a cute turned-up nose?  Does she have a delicate chin?  Does she have masculine eyebrows? 

I have never looked at faces that way.  I look to see if I can see a person's inner beauty.  And yours is shining out like a 1000 watt light bulb in this photo!  I can't miss it, and I can't see anything else.  I think many of us see that in you.

Hugs.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Donica

Wow Faith! Ok, at your request, I won't say the B word but, honestly Faith, all the pictures are lovely. Especially picture #4 and today's picture show a VERY LOVELY SMILE!!!. You can't fake a real smile. A real smile comes from deep within your heart and that's not a fake smile that I see.

I'm very glad your back Faith!
Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Anne Blake

What Kathy and Donica said! That glow that is shining brightly does it all.

Tia Anne
  •  

Jayne01

You look fantastic Faith. I love your latest photo. The smile is genuine and I don't see "him" in that photo at all. If I start analysing each individual feature, yes, there are some parts that could be seen as more masculine, but start having a close look at vis women. Many of them have individual features which can be considered masculine. Nobody looks at people that way. We see the whole picture and your whole picture says woman. You're rocking it girl.

You will eventually stop searching for "him" or "her" in your photos and just see you. Take a step back and don't look too closely and you will see what we all see.

Great to see you posting pics again.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Faith

Oh, I agree with everyone that the happy is shining through. Even on my down days I am happy inside waiting to come back out. I get down for specific reasons, it does not negate my overall happy that I've made it where I am. The emotional side of things is working very well :)

What I can't see is the girl in any photo, not there, nope. I can accept that you (all) see her, I can accept that Lori sees her ... a lot. I cannot.

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Faith on November 04, 2018, 07:28:26 PM
Oh, I agree with everyone that the happy is shining through. Even on my down days I am happy inside waiting to come back out. I get down for specific reasons, it does not negate my overall happy that I've made it where I am. The emotional side of things is working very well :)

What I can't see is the girl in any photo, not there, nope. I can accept that you (all) see her, I can accept that Lori sees her ... a lot. I cannot.
You will get there! She will become visible to you. The important thing is that you are now happy inside.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Faith

another day, another dip. I'm so messed up, I don't know what to do with myself. How can a few closed-minded hard-core religious types cause me so much mental troubles. Why can't they just accept that fact that I am different than them and leave it be. Why do they feel the need to point all all the reasons, in their minds, of why it's wrong and how I need to fix myself. If I try in any way to defend myself out comes the anti-trans propaganda that's posted on every hate-group site on the internet. I just want to be me ... leave me alone. When they say nothing it's even louder, it's like their thoughts and disapproval are laser-boring out of their eyes.

Add to that my GD/BD flareup. I thought it was on a decline, today I'm barely holding on from breaking down. Maybe I should just have a meltdown at work and get it over with. I did lurk mode 1st thing this morning on the forum to silently catch up. I kept reading the 'surgery coming' 'surgery here' .. beautiful posts everywhere, progress being made.  Here I am, an old guy wearing women's clothes, glop on my face, voice to scare little children with ... why do I bother? Life made sense as him, everything lined up, wife, children, grandchildren, friends, social activities.

Now what am I? Stuck in my own head trying not to pound it on my desk.

This is why I try to stay away from the forums. Nobody needs this crap. I shouldn't even be here now, I don't know why I am.

I just want to be me .. why can't I be me? ARRGGH, here I go tearing up again. I should go clean the glop off before it smears everywhere ...............

•  

Faith

screw it, I'm here and I promised a weekly 'beginning of the week' photo.  Here is it:

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Faith on November 05, 2018, 10:04:42 AM
screw it, I'm here and I promised a weekly 'beginning of the week' photo.  Here is it:

@Faith
Dear Faith:
I love your post... short and to the point!  Way to go girl.
... and yes, I was wondering where your weekly photo's were, I was just about to make a comment requesting your Monday morning picture as you had promised!!!   Hmmm, I love how you look, you hair, your outfit ...
... BUT where is that beautiful smile?  ;D

Thanks for sharing and posting your beginning of the week photo with your followers.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

That color is working on you Faith.  Very rich looking!

Judi 

But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Donica

I sooo love your hair Faith!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Faith

picture .. meh .. wasn't the point of my last post(s).

Even in my ongoing 'off' days I know one thing for sure and it's summed up in the lyrics of this song that popped back into my head recently. One pronoun change from the original lyrics.

The Happiest Girl In The Whole U.S.A
Written and performed by Donna Fargo

Shine on me sunshine
Walk with me world
It's a skippidity do da day
I'm the happiest girl, in the whole U.S.A.

Good morning morning
Hello sunshine
Wake up sleepy head
Why'd we move that bojangle clock so far away from the bed
Just one more minute
That's why we moved it
One more hug would do
Do you love waking up next to me
As much as I love waking up next to you

You make the coffee
I'll make the bed
I'll fix your lunch
And you fix mine
Now tell me the truth
Do these old shoes look funny
Honey it's almost nine
Now you be careful
Gotta go, I love you
Have a beautiful day,
And kiss the happiest girl, in the whole U.S.A.

Skippidity do da
Thank you oh Lord for making her for me
And thank you for letting life turn out the way
That I always thought it could be
There once was a time when I could not imagine
How it would feel to say
I'm happiest girl, in the whole U.S.A

Now shine on me sunshine
Walk with me world

Shine on me sunshine
Walk with me world

Shine on me sunshine
Walk with me world

that's it. Nothing to add or change from my previous post

see ya around, maybe,
Faith

•  

KathyLauren

Faith, if that's you on an "off" day, then you are doing very well.  I am happy to hear it.  :D

Can't read those lyrics without hearing Donna Fargo's lisp: "happiesht girl". ;)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Faith

my off days are primarily focused on dysphoria, as vented a few posts back. nothing has changed on that end ... literally & figuratively.

•  

Laurie

Just hang in there Faith. She will win the battle with him given enough time. (You could try to give her a little moral support and encouragement) Really, I know it is difficult for you at times and I will say that sometimes we are our worst enemy. (I know this from experience) But I also know if we stick to it she will win in the end.

Love ya,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Faith

Quote from: Laurie on November 08, 2018, 12:23:28 AM
Just hang in there Faith. She will win the battle with him given enough time. (You could try to give her a little moral support and encouragement) Really, I know it is difficult for you at times and I will say that sometimes we are our worst enemy. (I know this from experience) But I also know if we stick to it she will win in the end.

Love ya,
  Laurie

Thanks Laurie. I think my photo detracted from the post before it, or I've said similar so many times that no one has a response. You and Liz were the only two to directly reference it.

It is coming together, slowly. I read of people that are going through worse and it makes me feel .. I don't know, I can't think of the word .. like I should just smile, move on, pretend that I don't feel it, wait for it to pass. I've been so lucky overall that I should just be grateful and keep quiet.

I think I'm another step closer to full self-acceptance. It's hard when you see the nonacceptance in other peoples eyes. Just yesterday I went to a new place, for work, that our company had acquired. There's ~12+ existing employees. Well when I got introduced several eyes went wide and then back to normal. Yeah, they saw a guy. Even make-up and a nice outfit couldn't hide it.

This past week or so was rough. I looked at the calendar .. yep, 1st week of the month *sigh*. A little better today but  I can tell that everything I felt is just hiding in the back of my thoughts ready to jump out at the least opportune time.

There are many posts on here that really trigger me, one of the reasons I am not posting much. Besides, my opinion(s) is/are just one more in the noise of the world, keep it to myself.

More to say, can't express it. Time to wander off ......

•