Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faith

Quote from: Donica on November 28, 2018, 01:02:19 PM
It sounds like the guy doesn't have a shred of decency. Why aren't you using the ladies room?
I'll edit my post to be more clear .. that was the stairwell door. I do not use the men's room
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Donica

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Faith on November 28, 2018, 12:52:48 PM
Thank you for the kind words however life has a way of reminding you of your place, sometimes harshly.

On my way to use restroom, a guy was walking toward the stairwell at the same time from a different direction.
He did not yield to me, in fact he cut me off
He did not hold the stairwell door
He did give me the 'nod'

This is actually a common 'alpha male' behavior around women, damn near ignoring our existence and treating us as something 'in the way.'

I see this fairly often when walking through the shopping and business district in my town.  An older male, well dressed, displaying gray hair (a silverback primate!) walking down the street will not deviate an inch from his path when women are in front of him, with the full expectation that his inferiors will step out of his way as he bulldozes his way down the sidewalk.  I have observed women stepping into doorways or the street to make way for The Silverback!

I see similar behavior with groups of males, walking side by side down the sidewalk and expecting those ahead of them to make way, and those behind them to slow to their pace.  The rare woman who passes them receives some pretty intense glares.

And yes, I do spend a good bit of time people-watching!   I often park myself at a sidewalk cafe seat for an hour or so to study behavior, movement, and wardrobe, as part of my social transition.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Donica

I've seen this too Michelle. In fact, I'm often the women stepping into the doorway or stepping aside in the hallway to make way for The Silverback. I was wondering, what your observations are when an elder lady confronts Silverback? Do they show any respect for the elderly?
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

snipped:
Quote from: Michelle_P on November 28, 2018, 01:28:30 PM
- - - - - - -
   - - - - - - -
And yes, I do spend a good bit of time people-watching!   I often park myself at a sidewalk cafe seat for an hour or so to study behavior, movement, and wardrobe, as part of my social transition.
@Michelle_P       cc: @Faith
Dear Michelle:
My favorite pastime.... people watching.   
As you indicated it is certainly an important part of our social transition.   
Also it is a very important part of my gender transition. 

There is always lots to learn when observing female behavior, mannerisms, movements, how they dress, etc.... and it is definitely an eye-opener to observe the random male deportment and manners (or lack thereof)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts....
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 28, 2018, 01:54:54 PM
snipped:@Michelle_P       cc: @Faith
Dear Michelle:
My favorite pastime.... people watching.   
As you indicated it is certainly an important part of our social transition.   
Also it is a very important part of my gender transition. 

There is always lots to learn when observing female behavior, mannerisms, movements, how they dress, etc.... and it is definitely an eye-opener to observe the random male deportment and manners (or lack thereof)

Yes indeed!  And one of the most remarkable things is that in conversation with some of the folks I have observed (mostly at church) they are completely unaware or even in denial of their behavior patterns!  This stuff is deeply acculturated.

Quote from: Donica on November 28, 2018, 01:53:51 PM
I've seen this too Michelle. In fact, I'm often the women stepping into the doorway or stepping aside in the hallway to make way for The Silverback. I was wondering, what your observations are when an elder lady confronts Silverback? Do they show any respect for the elderly?

The behavior isn't actually one-sided.  The women step out of the way of the approaching male without thinking consciously about it, just as the males do not consciously insist on the behavior but simply assume it. 

I've actually toyed with the behavior a few times, continuing to walk down the sidewalk without deviating, imitating the behavior of an alpha male even as one approached me.  We generally get quite close before the male pauses, blinks (literally), mumbles "excuse me" or similar, and steps past me.

Faith, the behavior is not at all out of line for a preoccupied male encountering a female. 

If you don't already, it might be fun to take an occasional 'people-watching' break to polish up your movement and interactions with others on the street.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Faith

Hey ya'll

Yes, I have a lot to learn. Watching people, hmm, I'd have to drive a ways just to sit somewhere and watch. From here all I see is trees. I could try to watch the alpha bunnies when they hop around.

I'd like to point out that although I was irritated by the guy (both stairwell-guy and mirror-guy) and dejected by mirror-guy it did not bring my mood down. I did not remove more pictures, nor did I drop from the forums for a spell after posting about it .... I have accepted myself, I feel good :); Lori accepts me, I feel good  :D; I'm still congested, not so good :P 2 outa 3 .. I'll take it.

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Faith  @Michelle_P  @Donica
Dear Ladies
As we all know, bad behavior and ill manners are not just only a male thing...
...women also can share these bad traits.

In the far back past I would make a point to hold doors open for both men an women, or especially allow the woman to proceed first, etc.   ....   often, unfortunately too often, when holding the door open for a woman they would just walk right through, not say thank, not make eye contact, not nod or smile, not even grunt .... when that would happen I would say in a fairly loud voice ....  you are welcome ... as they made it through and past the open door.  Usually I would get no reaction nor a verbal response as they continued to ignore my kind gesture....  or maybe I would then get a weak and perhaps apologetic "thank you" ... or sometimes I would even get the "finger" or verbal equivalent.

Now, as a woman, I make a point in saying "thank you," or "I appreciate that," or whatever kind thing that seems to be appropriate to say.   
I know that a lot of women don't want to often or necessarily respond to kind gestures from men because it might be construed as an acceptance of some sort, and indeed some guys will view that as a come-on ... and then can they get quite forward with their demeanor, sometime disgustingly forward.  I have found that with some of the men I come across in my town and even in the next door coffee shop.

Ahhh, the complexities of the human condition and the differences in the genders... 
...it is a moving target so we have to be cautiously aware and be flexible with our approach.

Thank you ladies for sharing your thoughts.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Faith on November 28, 2018, 03:04:59 PM
I'd like to point out that although I was irritated by the guy (both stairwell-guy and mirror-guy) and dejected by mirror-guy it did not bring my mood down. I did not remove more pictures, nor did I drop from the forums for a spell after posting about it .... I have accepted myself, I feel good :); Lori accepts me, I feel good  :D; I'm still congested, not so good :P 2 outa 3 .. I'll take it.

That is good to hear, Faith!  Well, maybe not the congested part, but the rest is good.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Faith on November 28, 2018, 03:04:59 PM
Hey ya'll

Yes, I have a lot to learn. Watching people, hmm, I'd have to drive a ways just to sit somewhere and watch. From here all I see is trees. I could try to watch the alpha bunnies when they hop around.

Great outcome..you are obviously in a much better space to be able to handle things, I applauad you for hanging in there when it gets tough. Congrats i hope you keep moving forward as you are.

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Faith

Hey Kathy, Liz

yes, I am in a much better place than just a week ago .. if you don't consider that sinus/chest cold .. blah! It's harder to stay upbeat when you're sick but I am managing it.

No new updates today, I just wanted to stick my head in.

Oh, Moonflower, If you manage to peruse my pictures and see one, or a few, you really like .. feel free to post them. The person that couldn't look at a picture of themselves is gone (well, for the most part - some pictures still suck). I cannot pick and choose my pictures or I wouldn't post any.

In the words of a famous quote:
"But I'm feeling much better now"
Buddy Ryan

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Faith on November 29, 2018, 06:28:49 AM
"But I'm feeling much better now"
Buddy Ryan
:D  I loved that show!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Faith

Quote from: KathyLauren on November 29, 2018, 06:44:40 AM
Quote"But I'm feeling much better now"
Buddy Ryan
:D  I loved that show!

The few times I actually watch TV, if I am channel-flipping and run across the show, I'm always sucked in to watching it :)

•  

Faith

pondering names, given vs true as it's been a recent topic, I recalled something. I related it to Lori as well.

I distinctly remember, not the when just that I was very young, having a 'talk' with my mother about my name. About not liking it and wanting a different one. That conversation only led to a lecture listing all the relatives that had the same name and how it was a great name and I should be proud of it.

it served to shut me up, it did not change my mind. I've never liked my given name ... ever.

FAITH

addendum. People pester me about photos, I don't know why. there are plenty better looking people on here than I am (Chelsea for example). Regardless, here's a Thursday photo to keep the pests at bay ...

•  

KathyLauren

Well, this pest is delighted to see today's photo.  You look gorgeous, and I love the smile!
  •  

Michelle_P

This occasional pest thinks that today's photo is very nice.  You look very good in this one, and that top is a nice color for you.  Hair looks great, and has me jealous.

•  

Donica

Quote from: Faith on November 29, 2018, 12:53:02 PM
addendum. People pester me about photos, I don't know why. there are plenty better looking people on here than I am (Chelsea for example). Regardless, here's a Thursday photo to keep the pests at bay ...

Wait, What? Where? Who? Not from where I sit! Ok maybe one or two. Thanks for the compliment!
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Snipped:
Quote from: Faith on November 29, 2018, 12:53:02 PM
- - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - -
FAITH

Dear Faith:
OK, I will stop pestering you for photos for today only... thank you for treating us all to your smiling and beautiful face... we appreciate you sharing with us.

By the way, you have absolutely nothing to be upset about regarding your photo....  you look absolutely terrific and beautiful... 
...oh, and just in case you have never heard it before, your hair is very lovely.

Hugs and well wishes as always,

Danielle

•  

davina61

And why would we not want to see pictures of a lovely lady??
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Nicole70

Faith,

You are looking good in your latest photo, I'm glad you are feeling better in yourself, despite feeling unwell with congestion, I hope that clears up very soon.

I know how you feel about your given name, I also hated my given name. We share a name now, which I really love and feel fits me.

Glad to have a more positive Faith, big hugs

Nicole
  •