Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyaW

Quote from: Faith on January 30, 2019, 07:44:42 AM

I don't belong here. The world doesn't want me to be me, why should I bother to try. Everything is stacked against me. I can't even cuss on here and I want to scream every word that I know

I have no faith

Yes you belong here, we all do,  no matter what some ignorant people will say.

I know it can be hard sometimes but always remember that no matter what, you ARE Faith. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Jessica

You are Faith, and we all know you as Faith.  Your wife is married to Faith.
Faith is real.  And if you need a shoulder to cry or cuss on please feel free to use mine.  You know how to reach me and I'm here for you as you have been there for me.
I'm no stranger to your emotions, I have similar thoughts often enough.

QuoteI don't belong here. The world doesn't want me to be me, why should I bother to try. Everything is stacked against me. I can't even cuss on here and I want to scream every word that I know

I have no faith

Hugs, Jess

cc: @Faith

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Linde

progress, it doesn't feel like it. I shouldn't even post but I need to get it out somewhere (and Facebook is NOT the place!!).

let's bullet point my current standings

1 - I cannot look at my face in photos for more the a few seconds at most, and that only with certain photos.
2 - I cannot look at full body photos ... at all
3 - NO MIRRORS!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 - I cannot accept or envision what other people say that they see. Oh, I accept that they see it, I cannot
5 - No insurance, none nada. Insurance to cover my needs is almost 2 grand a month. 1500 for limited coverage. Sure, work has cheap group - that covers almost nothing unless you're dying in the hospital. But that's enough to invalidate me for any government subsidy.
6 - This is bloat week, amongst other related issues .. highly emotional.
7 - I've been building up pressure inside, it came out last night. I had my first ever (I do mean ever) panic attack. I couldn't think, I could barely get out single words, I couldn't breathe then I hyperventilated. I beat my hands on my head, I rocked back and forth, I cried, I bawled, I sobbed. I couldn't stop.
8 - Lori hid all my jeans to prevent me from 'dressing down'. I'm at work in my last pair, which are hers, that have shiny rivets patterned all over them. I did manage to snag my oversize men's long sleeve shirt to cover up with
9 - I started to put on make-up this morning and wiped it off.
10 - my hair is tied back to hide it a bit
11 -
12 -
.... oh there's more, I have to stop

I don't belong here. The world doesn't want me to be me, why should I bother to try. Everything is stacked against me. I can't even cuss on here and I want to scream every word that I know

I have no faith
Dear Faith
I told one of my girl friends about our lunch last Saturday, and she asked what is her name, and I said Faith.  She said what a beautiful name!  I hope that you will introduce me to Faith one day, a person with this name must be beautiful!

And that is who you are, a beautiful looking older woman (and I still wish I would have your hair).  I sat across from you for several hours last Saturday, and all I saw was a good looking woman, with gorgeous hair and very soft, feminine facial features.
You are a woman, you can try to tell yourself whatever, you are still a woman and still look like one!  I am not know to do sweet talk (after all, I am German), I say it as I see it!

I personally see nothing wrong in playing a man once in a while, I played it for so long, it is a role I am well versed in.

I went around as a guy for the last two days, because being a guy those two days was beneficial for certain things I wanted to achieve.  I know that many trans woman can't do this as easy as I can, but I wonder if this would ease your pain a little?????????

What makes you think that the world does not want you?  I enjoyed your company a lot and hope that we can meet each other many more times!  After all, older girls like us have to stick together!
You belong into this world as much as I do belong in it, and I feel very well embedded in it!
Just stop he negative thoughts already, and be the lovely lady again who I meet last Saturday!  There are always ways to figure it out and do it!
I like you a lot, and hope that we can become real good girl friends!
Hugs
Linde
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

KathyLauren

Faith, I am sorry you are having a down spell.  Of course you belong here.  I get that you have trouble with mirrors and photos, but the world wants you, and we want you.  You are a beautiful woman.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

randim

Faith, I am so sorry you feel horrible.  Try to remember that you are much, much more than a photograph or a reflection in a mirror.  I don't know you well, but as I understand it, you have friends and family that love and accept Faith, including your spouse.  That very much counts as part of the world.  Indeed, that is by far the most important part of the world.  Trust their judgement. Their eyes are as good as yours, and there are more of them.  I hope you start feeling better soon.
  •  

Faith

Thanks all for your support. I don't know how long this downswing will last. I know it's been building for over a week, almost two. I lost it last night, it was bad. Today is the remnants of that.

I'll be ok eventually. I know this because we had to take the car to the shop .. I got sir'd ... It didn't bother me too badly, I'll tell you why.

I believe that I mentioned being a subject for discussion at my daughter's work. Questions galore as they try to keep up with my progress.

Well, we had to go by there tonight to pick up the car to take to the shop. As soon as I walked in I heard, quite loudly, Mrs Papa!! Mrs Papa is here !!!  One of the co-workers remembered what my granddaughter was calling me. Embarrassing, affirming, I smiled .. a lot.

She also told my daughter that I looked much better in person.

I have to go, I can't keep typing on my stupid phone, I spend most of my time correcting typos.

FAITH
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Sophiaprincess2019

Faith, everyone here is in your corner...ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT. We share a common thread woven in to a fabric we call acceptance.

Sophia
1968 Born male but actually girl
1978 Played in girl clothes
1988 Dressed in girl clothes
1998 Wanted to be a girl socially
2008 Trying lying to myself
2018 Dreamed of becoming a girl
12-8-2018 Knew I was a woman
2-22-2019 Started HRT
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Faith, have some chocolate.  It's good for moods and tasty too.  Works for me.
Hugs.
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Faith

I'm a little better today. Lori and I talked last night so I could vent and clear the air. I know there is one thing that builds and stresses. There's nothing that we can do about it. I have to learn to deal with it.

... someday ...

•  

sarah1972

Oh, no Faith! I am so sorry about the last episode of a downswing. I really hope it blows over soon. It does seem your episodes are shorter in duration compared to a few months ago. That is a good sign. They also seem to take longer breaks where you feel good. Also a good sign and hope for you!

Thanks for letting us know you are better.

Mrs. Papa is great! Gives me some hope since my kid also calls me Papa... At least Papa Sarah.

Stay strong Faith! You have Lori and many friends you can lean on and who are willing to help you through the dark days.

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Linde

Quote from: Faith on January 31, 2019, 07:51:29 AM
I'm a little better today. Lori and I talked last night so I could vent and clear the air. I know there is one thing that builds and stresses. There's nothing that we can do about it. I have to learn to deal with it.

... someday ...
We have our group meeting on Saturday, come and join us!

•  

Faith

Quote from: Dietlind on January 31, 2019, 09:00:44 AM
We have our group meeting on Saturday, come and join us!

I communicated with the hostess. The plan is to be there.

CRAP!!  I tried to take a body length selfie. All it did was make me feel worse and made me cover up. Now I'm stuck at work with no way to change.
CRAP!!

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Faith on January 31, 2019, 11:08:10 AM

CRAP!!  I tried to take a body length selfie. All it did was make me feel worse and made me cover up. Now I'm stuck at work with no way to change.
CRAP!!

Has anyone made negative comments at work?  If not, why worry about it, and even then, why are they controlling your thoughts, if that's the case.
I suggest, keep smiling, know that you are who you are and do not let public pressures dictate how you feel.  Negativity is usually in the minority in most cases and is not the way most feel.  Positivity increases as you realize this.
Internal pressures can be compounded and get out of control if you let outside pressures by a very few get in your head.  And remember, most people are not dwelling on others, but are mainly focused on their own personal issues.
Also....avoid the selfies.  In general they can never portray your real self.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Faith

no negative comments, no negative looks, all the negative is in my head.

that being said, I still take the selfies, at least the facial. As Michelle puts it, 'I need to re-write the image in my head'. I'm working on it.
For example, this is a 'him' photo that I just took a few minutes ago:

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on January 31, 2019, 01:42:17 PMthis is a 'him' photo that I just took a few minutes ago:

You need to work on your camera skills. He must be standing behind the pretty lady in front.

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

SarahWithin

Quote from: Faith on January 31, 2019, 01:42:17 PM
no negative comments, no negative looks, all the negative is in my head.

that being said, I still take the selfies, at least the facial. As Michelle puts it, 'I need to re-write the image in my head'. I'm working on it.
For example, this is a 'him' photo that I just took a few minutes ago:

What him? All I see is a beautiful lady! I think the only thing you have to accept and learn to live with is being beautiful.

Hugs,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 31, 2019, 01:45:41 PM
You need to work on your camera skills. He must be standing behind the pretty lady in front.

Quote from: SarahWithin on January 31, 2019, 03:32:12 PM
What him? All I see is a beautiful lady! I think the only thing you have to accept and learn to live with is being beautiful.

Hugs,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]

:)

I will admit, I do see a bit of her in there. It makes for a nice change and a positive way to finish up the work day.

Sarah, I see you got your posts back. Your profile picture looks a lot like a gal friend that we know.

pretty and beautiful. I do have to work on accepting when I'm told that. It seems to happen quite a lot despite my denials.  thank you both

•  

SarahWithin

I hope your gal friend is nice. It's not me, but I wish I lived near you - I'd be a LOT warmer! Faith, dear, put your avatar back!!!

[emoji18]

Hugs,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
  •  

Faith

Quote from: SarahWithin on January 31, 2019, 04:33:51 PM
I hope your gal friend is nice. It's not me, but I wish I lived near you - I'd be a LOT warmer! Faith, dear, put your avatar back!!!

[emoji18]

Hugs,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]

we aren't adverse to visitors :)

avatar, no, sorry. I can't. Not yet. I'm not ready to stare at myself again.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Faith on January 31, 2019, 11:08:10 AM

CRAP!!
Great, see you there!  Did you talk to Eva?  She is my therapist!

And if you don't watch it, I'll sneak up behind you and steal your hair!

•