News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: Faith on February 05, 2019, 05:49:35 AM

Full body, nope, didn't even try. No point in pressing my luck. I don't feel quite as bad this morning (except a severe pressure headache) and I didn't want to spiral. It's not like my body shape miraculously changed while I was sleeping .. err .. passed out.
I always bragged that I have no dysphoria, at least that's what I thought until now (as of this morning).  Stepping out of the shower, I looked for the first time in a long while at my junk, knowing that part of it will go in a few days, and I almost had to throw up, seeing this stuff down there!  Luckily, I had my session with Eva (my therapist) this morning, and she helped me to get over it!  She feels that I need SRS ASAP, because it is really bad for me now.
QuoteWhich means, yep, I'm still fat. I need to lose 8-10 lbs. Instead it's hanging on my belly like a pregnant woman. Can't wear anything slinky!! ewwww !!!!

What ...? no body shaming? It's my body. I can shame myself if I want to.
You need to loose only wimpy 8 to 10 lbs, I need to loose 20 to 25 of them!.  My belly is not that bad, it is those darn love handles with me.  I have no waist because of them!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Faith

I managed to play some music last night. Struggled a bit remembering some of the songs. I haven't played that long so it's not ingrained like it is for those playing 50+ years. I started playing bass at, hmm, +-52? I'm 58 now with intermittent playing, not everyday.

I stayed to the back and stuck to just playing. They asked if I was going to sing, I said no. They write names on a board for turns and I knew they'd write the wrong name. I did sing one song at the end of the evening because Lori had come by and was sitting right in front - mistake. Not the singing, I guess I still do that OK, no it was the name announce, several times, prior to getting up .. ARRRGGGHHH ... I fell apart. I barely made it to the end of the song, botched the tag line. I was shaking so badly that I could hardly play the last song.

Back up
When I first got there ... I was sitting on my tailgate (subaru baja) waiting for people. One friend sauntered over. Well, saunter is a loose term he's over 90 and struggles walking. Anyways, he comes over to say Hi, how's it going guy. I replied simply with 'guy doesn't really fit. He goes, yeah, I know. What name you want to be called .. Faith .. it's hard. He asked about surgery - eyes widened when I told him the cost. We chatted a bit more before he walked off. He called me Faith many times that evening. What's that about old dogs? Some old dogs are smart.

Any of you remember creepy hugger? ... Well, he came up to me as I was setting up and said hi. I just said OK.  He wandered off then wandered back a few minutes later to tell me not to worry about what others might say, be myself. I told him that I don't have any issues with anyone there except they use the wrong name. He said, "I've known you as John and that's what I'm going to call you". I replied simple, "If you call me John, I won't answer or listen. John is the name that I was given, Faith is who I am. I prefer to be called Faith".  He had no answer.

Lori was approached by a mutual friend that also sings, she's older as well. She asked Lori point blank what I preferred to be called. She's never had a problem with me, I wonder why she didn't ask me. Afraid of insulting me, I guess.

Three down, thousands  ... hundreds? ... a few to go.

As for the name trigger, I managed to get it under control before I got home rather than let it eat at me. Progress, I think. When I first came out to Lori, and first reading the forums, I could not understand why people were having such a problem with deadnames and pronouns. I've learned the hard way. I never thought that it would bother me so much. It can be devastating.

I'm not so miserable today. Not bouncy happy, not miserable. It's a start.

Without going into story details (sarah1972 knows :D ), apparently from the back I "look mighty fine:o O.O  :o
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Faith

so, maybe time for a photo? We'll see how it goes ....

•  

sarah1972

Thanks for your post. It really is some small step progress you are feeling a bit better.

I am happy you have managed to go out and play some music. The dead naming sucks and is hard to get through. I am always puzzled who picks it up well and who just cannot manage to get it right. It is still a big step for you: putting yourself out there. And most have tried and asked how you want to be named. I am very moved by the 90 year old instantly picking up on it.

You walking to the microphone to sing for your love Lori shows how much she means to you and she seem to be a very special person.

The ones of us whose partner has not run away screaming have to appreciate all the efforts they make and hopefully they acknowledge some of the sacrifices we make to ease the burden of our transition. It is a give and take.

Yes, I do remember the "mighty fine" story. I am still smiling about it feeling very happy for you!

Hope the remainder of your day will be on the upside.

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

sarah1972

Yeah! Looking great this morning Faith!!!

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Faith on February 06, 2019, 07:20:08 AM

•  

Michelle_P

Faith, you are looking "mighty fine" from  the front, as well.  You are likely aware, many woman would dearly love to have that hair.  Your face has gotten softer in its lines and your cheeks have filled out over the months.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Faith

Quote from: sarah1972 on February 06, 2019, 07:27:46 AM
Yeah! Looking great this morning Faith!!!

:)

Quote from: Michelle_P on February 06, 2019, 09:02:04 AM
Faith, you are looking "mighty fine" from  the front, as well.  You are likely aware, many woman would dearly love to have that hair.  Your face has gotten softer in its lines and your cheeks have filled out over the months.

:)

My hair, such a burden to wear. You think it looks good? You should see it after the wind gets ahold of it .. ACK!!  :D

I'd give up my hair and wear a wig yesterday if I could have the rest of me feminized. That may sound like blasphemy to some of you yet it's true. Not that I want to give up my hair, it's just secondary to the rest of it.

I say that yet I don't think I could actually give up my hair. So, here I am, stuck doing things the slow way or the no way. *sigh*

•  

Linde

Faith, I did not know that you are a performing musician!  I am soooo tone deaf, my dog would be better in playing any instrument than I am!  You are so lucky that you can have music as an outlet!  And you are double lucky that you still have Lori at your side.  I have my dog only!

I would really like it a lot,  and come to hear you the next time you do some musical performance.  I like to listen to all kinds of music, but can not do anything in this field!  I was even forbidden to sing, because my wife and son were afraid that my singing would kill our canary bird!
Would you please be so nice and let me know when and where you perform the next time?  I would really want to come and listen!

By the way, you look great in that new picture.  Do i need to say anything about your hair???   >:-) :angel:
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Chloe

Quote from: Faith on February 06, 2019, 06:03:46 AM
I managed to play some music last night.

Faith, I've got an electric that needs new strings, been in the closet (like us?) FOREVER! Church has great bands/music every Sunday wanna learn so bad! Been on a kick listening to same Winwood/Clapton all morning . . .

;) ;D
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Chloe on February 06, 2019, 09:48:47 AM
Faith, I've got an electric that needs new strings, been in the closet (like us?) FOREVER! Church has great bands/music every Sunday wanna learn so bad! Been on a kick listening to same Winwood/Clapton all morning . . .

;) ;D

guitars don't belong in the closet and neither do we. Take it out and put new strings on it (they're cheap). Changing strings is easy ... don't think so? just check out youtube for the how-to. then LEARN TO PLAY

personally, I don't play 6-string ( I have refinished and rebuilt quite a few). Although I could learn easy enough I just never cared for it. I play bass like my Dad did.

•  

SarahWithin

Faith, you're beautiful! I love your hair! I hope that you'll have a really good day today. You deserve it.

Hugs x 2,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
  •  

Anne Blake

Good morning Faith,

The picture looks lovely as always (yes, from my perspective of course). Your hair is beautiful as usual but your smile this morning shows a peace and a hope, it looks good on you.

Tia Anne
  •  

Faith

Quote from: SarahWithin on February 06, 2019, 10:15:25 AM
Faith, you're beautiful! I love your hair! I hope that you'll have a really good day today. You deserve it.

Hugs x 2,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]

:icon_redface: :icon_redface:

Thank you. The mirror isn't being too unkind either for a change. My hair though  ::) it's a good thing it doesn't have any flavor, I do tend to chew on it a lot. Both sides are just long enough to curl into my mouth. The back is longer due to previous trimming of bangs when that guy couldn't handle it.

Here's a shot of the back from the other day. A bit straight and also still shorter than I want it to be. The store lighting wasn't very flattering either. My hair reflects what's around it.

Quote from: Anne Blake on February 06, 2019, 10:30:41 AM
Good morning Faith,

The picture looks lovely as always (yes, from my perspective of course). Your hair is beautiful as usual but your smile this morning shows a peace and a hope, it looks good on you.

Tia Anne

You posted while I was typing. Yes, I feel more hopeful today. Must be that after-the-monthly-upswing. Thanks you for noticing :) Love and hugs to you both, since I'm sure you're letting Deb look over your shoulder :)

•  

Faith

I can't look at myself at all today. Usually a few seconds is OK. Take a selfie, glance then close or share, done. Not today. I reviewed my previous posts and caught my photo .. I had to scroll away before I started crying. The same thing happened with a selfie this morning, I had to close it right away. Why can't I see me.

I feel like 'guy face' is exuding out of me, all I see is the guy in the photo, it distresses me.
My wife misses the guy and can only see the girl and it causes her distress. Don't get me wrong, she likes the gal. She misses the guy.

why can't it reverse itself so that we both feel good?

And I'm in such a much better mood today too (excluding this freakin' headache). We both got massages and adjustments yesterday to ease the body and mind. Well, one out of two ain't bad ... is it?

•  

Faith

I'm in a good mood, why am I so sad
I'm in a good mood, why am I crying
I know why and I can't say.
Others know why and they won't say.

It's a burden that I created for myself.
It's a burden that I passed on to others.
I didn't try to share the burden, it got away from me

I'm sorry

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Faith on February 08, 2019, 09:35:07 AM

I'm sorry
@Faith
Dear Faith:
Please let me make this very clear...
All of us here, at one time or another, share our burdens here on the Forums.
Your thread's followers are here to support you and to encourage you... offering our ears to listen and our shoulders to lean on.  Here there are many like-minded members that are eager to come to you side during your difficult times... and when you have good moments we will rejoice with you.
Hang in there... we are your biggest fans and we are always rooting for you.

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Faith

Thank you Danielle. It's a joy to see your smiling face

I've caused much unintentional hurt. While I do know that people understand, it doesn't lessen the guilt.
Thank you for the reminder that we all go through it in one form or another.

I need to stop hiding, it's hard. I'm most comfortable in the shadows.
I need to learn to pass the help, that I've received, onto others.

I don't feel worthy

Hugs
Faith

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on February 08, 2019, 10:34:01 AM
@Faith
Dear Faith:
Please let me make this very clear...
All of us here, at one time or another, share our burdens here on the Forums.
Your thread's followers are here to support you and to encourage you... offering our ears to listen and our shoulders to lean on.  Here there are many like-minded members that are eager to come to you side during your difficult times... and when you have good moments we will rejoice with you.
Hang in there... we are your biggest fans and we are always rooting for you.

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

steph2.0

I'm sorry

She ain't heavy.
She's my sister.

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 08, 2019, 01:59:22 PM
She ain't heavy.
She's my sister.

Aww. Thank you. Please try not to drag my face along the floor while picking me up after I I fall on it.

•  

Jessica

I'm sorry

Very thoughtful poem, it is the reflection of the thoughts inside many of us.
Doubts created by changes that they themselves will always critique. 
We all want a happy life, but trying to fit yourself into a mold that's perfect will only show the imperfections that you perceive.  Others will see, but not notice them in such a detailed degree as you do.
I want you to think about a theory I have. 
I think that in the general population there are many cis-women who show such flaws.
Sit on a park bench and people watch.
Critique them (silently) as strongly as you do to yourself.
Even focus on the points that bother you about yourself.

I see a woman when I see your pictures.
I feel no burden.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•