News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anne Blake

Hi Faith,

I am glad to hear that you are in up spirits and some forum looks didn't bring that tumbling down. Your latest posting have been so positive, they have given Deb and I a lot of joy reading them. I was just scrolling through some pictures on my phone from our visit and have one that just makes us smile when we look at it. We do enjoy your friendship.

Tia Anne
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Anne Blake on March 05, 2019, 11:14:02 AM
Hi Faith,

I am glad to hear that you are in up spirits and some forum looks didn't bring that tumbling down. Your latest posting have been so positive, they have given Deb and I a lot of joy reading them. I was just scrolling through some pictures on my phone from our visit and have one that just makes us smile when we look at it. We do enjoy your friendship.

Tia Anne

Thanks Tia!  If you really enjoy it and want to share, go ahead and post it in your honeymoon thread even though the honeymoon is over .. no no no .. even though the trip is over.  I promise not to melt.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Donica

Quote from: Faith on March 02, 2019, 12:10:16 PM
CRAP!! you found me. I shouldn't have left that change of address :D :D

Haha! You can run but you can't hide ;D
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Moonflower

Quote from: Faith on March 04, 2019, 06:44:33 AM
It was a beautiful happy uplifting affirming weekend. After a rocky start on Friday it got better and better and better.
Saturday, I cannot describe everything from Saturday. I was her all day!! Not just to others, to myself as well. Mirrors and reflections joined in to give me positive feedback. I did not get a photo, I did not want to take the chance that a photo would ruin it for me ... no photo is the only down part of the weekend  :( 
The BEST birthday present: seeing yourself, and liking what you see. What encore could follow?

Happy happy birthday! What a year! What a brighter future!
:icon_wave:
1999 married :icon_archery:
The woman hiding behind my husband's facade gradually revealed herself to just me.
Fall 2018 my sweetheart's coming out full time! :icon_female:
She began HRT but had adverse reactions, so gave up on coming out to protect her health.
Summer 2022 I went through gender confirmation surgery as a result of cancer.
2024 her cardiologist and a therapist wrote letters approving of resuming HRT, and now she's getting on the calendar for surgery!
  •  

sarah1972

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Just as a preemptive thing [emoji23]

•  

Faith

Quote from: sarah1972 on March 06, 2019, 04:34:43 PM
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Just as a preemptive thing [emoji23]
BRAT!

Quote from: Moonflower on March 05, 2019, 07:59:53 PM
The BEST birthday present: seeing yourself, and liking what you see. What encore could follow  .......
.... read further ...
TL;DR at the bottom

Today would have been another typical work day except I took the day off. Lori and I lazed around in bed for a little extra sleepy-time. I got up and made coffee, as is the norm. The air, being a bit brisk, caused me to get fully dressed. I started with my face, since it needs the most work. I ended up with a nice short-sleeve form-fitting butt length black sweater top over a lighter white long-sleeve sweater top (I told you it was brisk). Matched them up with my white jeans and black sneaks, since I don't have any nice closed-toe shoes and it was too cold for open-toes. Lori decides that she should catch up with me and also gets dressed, very nicely I  must add. She pulls off the girl look much easier than I do. We finally loaded up for a day of errands. First stop, Publix .. we needed some cash, $500 should do it.

Finally getting away from there with the cash, after  few hiccups, we drove to our second stop - Court house for the Clerk of Court office. After a few false starts .. when you are asked several times if you have tweezers it really helps if you remember that, yes, I do have tweezers in my purse. Disposing of the potentially life-threatening device outside the building I again entered and was granted access to the inner workings of our local government (I think graveyards have more live people!).

Asking directions, since we were clueless, we arrived at the wrong office to stand in an empty line just to be told where to go  ... erm .. given directions to the right office. Arriving at the right office we again stood in an empty line. The lady was very pleasant, shuffling through my improperly sorted paperwork for what I really needed to file. "You don't need this"; "Are you sure you want to file that?" etc etc. That all done she relieved me of most of my hard-earned cash, handing back the extra $100 that I gave to her (oops). Good thing to as we need that later! Asking about particular info she was taken aback that I didn't already have it. Apparently had I asked they have a prepared packet I could have used ... arrgghhh!. Anyways, I got what I needed along with instructions for what to do next. After we exited the office I hugged Lori and cried on her shoulder. I'm sure it was from the loss of my money. Monetary extractions hurt, let no one tell you otherwise.

Onward we go to our third stop, the local Sherrif. Thereupon we waited to be processed like common criminals. NAAHHH!!  Another very nice lady ... are there no men that actually do work? Oh yeah, they wait at metal scanner to wrestle  you to the ground or shoot you ... had us wait until someone could cover the phones so that we could be 'processed'. Ok, really it was just me. I get invited into the itty-bitty room whereupon my fingers are duly ingested into the local electronic system. I assume so that I can be properly identified should I have the audacity to pick my nose in front of an officer or something. Relieved of some more of my fast-dwindling cash I was given yet more instructions for ridding myself of even more of my cash.

Lunch/breakfast cravings hit so we hit our favorite money-saving edible food joint (IHOP) .. 30 minute wait!! SNOWBIRDS GO HOME!! Yeah, we waited and waited, we were seated, and waited, we ordered, and waited and waited. YAY! FOOD! It's all good, we got 'ladies' and I also got 'honey' .. so sweet.

HEY, why wait for the DR's appointment (4th stop), call and see if we can get in early. Pay dirt! New appointment in an hour and a half. So we did what any red-blooded person would do, we went shopping. We did manage to get out of there empty-handed, whew! Off to the Chiropractor to un-pretzel'd .. they had no problem taking more of our cash :( Very nice though, they always treat me like a lady and were excited for me as I recounted our days activities.

Slow drive home with a few stops. We need a couch, didn't get one since all my cash was gone. I did get 'lady' and ma'am so that was worth it. We should have avoided Goodwill though. I found some newish boots :D They'll work better than my old boots for these colder days requiring closed toes .. oop, the heel is higher. Well, more walking practice is called for.

Last stop before home - Publix, again, for a prescription pick-up .. woo, I get to give Lori a shot! .. yeah, nope. The prescription wasn't called in. Straighten that out after we get home.

We finally arrived home to collapse around 4:30 pm (the original scheduled time for the Dr appt.). Finally rest time. Yeah, nope. Time to get on the interwebs and spend more money on a criminal background check so wondrously required of me due to my finger ingestation.

TL;DR
Spent loads of money
Filed my official 'Petition for Name Change' at the Clerks office
I cried after filing
Got fingerprinted at the Sheriff's office for the afore-mentioned petition
Got gendered mucho correctly throughout the day
Processed the payment for background check with the state.

I already have my Dr letter for gender change for the Social Security card. Now I just wait a few weeks to be contacted by the clerk to schedule my court date.

umm .. YAY? :D

ps
any typo's or grammatical errors ... too bad. There's too many words for me to proofread!!!

•  

sarah1972

And here is another SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE from your little brat (My BFF has a different term for me which I'll not reveal).

Congratulations on kicking off the next big step in your transition! I hope you will soon hear back and get your court order. Then the real fun begins of updating everything....

So excited for you!

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Faith on March 06, 2019, 05:09:12 PM
BRAT!
.... read further ...

TL;DR
Spent loads of money
I cried after filing

I already have my Dr letter for gender change for the Social Security card. Now I just wait a few weeks to be contacted by the clerk to schedule my court date.

ps
any typo's or grammatical errors ... too bad. There's too many words for me to proofread!!!

•  

Linde

TL;DR
Spent loads of money
I cried after filing

ps
Do you have any pointers for me?  I plan to start the whole stuff next week (as soon as I feel comfy driving around in a car).
I filled out a million online forms to download, which were the ones they don't need?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Faith

Quote from: Dietlind on March 06, 2019, 06:14:33 PM
Do you have any pointers for me?  I plan to start the whole stuff next week (as soon as I feel comfy driving around in a car).
I filled out a million online forms to download, which were the ones they don't need?

Contact your clerk of courts office. Ask them if they have a petition for name change packet.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Faith on March 06, 2019, 06:27:53 PM
Contact your clerk of courts office. Ask them if they have a petition for name change packet.
Thanks

•  

Moonflower

... We finally loaded up for a day of errands. First stop, Publix .. we needed some cash, $500 should do it.

Finally getting away from there with the cash, after  few hiccups, we drove to our second stop - Court house for the Clerk of Court office. After a few false starts .. when you are asked several times if you have tweezers it really helps if you remember that, yes, I do have tweezers in my purse. Disposing of the potentially life-threatening device outside the building I again entered and was granted access to the inner workings of our local government (I think graveyards have more live people!).

Asking directions, since we were clueless, we arrived at the wrong office to stand in an empty line just to be told where to go  ... erm .. given directions to the right office. Arriving at the right office we again stood in an empty line. The lady was very pleasant, shuffling through my improperly sorted paperwork for what I really needed to file. "You don't need this"; "Are you sure you want to file that?" etc etc. That all done she relieved me of most of my hard-earned cash, handing back the extra $100 that I gave to her (oops). Good thing to as we need that later! Asking about particular info she was taken aback that I didn't already have it. Apparently had I asked they have a prepared packet I could have used ... arrgghhh!. Anyways, I got what I needed along with instructions for what to do next. After we exited the office I hugged Lori and cried on her shoulder. I'm sure it was from the loss of my money. Monetary extractions hurt, let no one tell you otherwise.

Onward we go to our third stop, the local Sherrif. Thereupon we waited to be processed like common criminals. NAAHHH!!  Another very nice lady ... are there no men that actually do work? Oh yeah, they wait at metal scanner to wrestle  you to the ground or shoot you ... had us wait until someone could cover the phones so that we could be 'processed'. Ok, really it was just me. I get invited into the itty-bitty room whereupon my fingers are duly ingested into the local electronic system. I assume so that I can be properly identified should I have the audacity to pick my nose in front of an officer or something. Relieved of some more of my fast-dwindling cash I was given yet more instructions for ridding myself of even more of my cash.

Lunch/breakfast cravings hit so we hit our favorite money-saving edible food joint (IHOP) .. 30 minute wait!! SNOWBIRDS GO HOME!! Yeah, we waited and waited, we were seated, and waited, we ordered, and waited and waited. YAY! FOOD! It's all good, we got 'ladies' and I also got 'honey' .. so sweet.

HEY, why wait for the DR's appointment (4th stop), call and see if we can get in early. Pay dirt! New appointment in an hour and a half. So we did what any red-blooded person would do, we went shopping. We did manage to get out of there empty-handed, whew! Off to the Chiropractor to un-pretzel'd .. they had no problem taking more of our cash :( Very nice though, they always treat me like a lady and were excited for me as I recounted our days activities.

Slow drive home with a few stops. We need a couch, didn't get one since all my cash was gone. I did get 'lady' and ma'am so that was worth it. We should have avoided Goodwill though. I found some newish boots :D They'll work better than my old boots for these colder days requiring closed toes .. oop, the heel is higher. Well, more walking practice is called for.

Last stop before home - Publix, again, for a prescription pick-up .. woo, I get to give Lori a shot! .. yeah, nope. The prescription wasn't called in. Straighten that out after we get home.

We finally arrived home to collapse around 4:30 pm (the original scheduled time for the Dr appt.). Finally rest time. Yeah, nope. Time to get on the interwebs and spend more money on a criminal background check so wondrously required of me due to my finger ingestation.

TL;DR
Spent loads of money
I cried after filing

ps
You betcha, YAY! What a day! What an emotionally-charged day! Thanks for sharing it.
:icon_wave:
1999 married :icon_archery:
The woman hiding behind my husband's facade gradually revealed herself to just me.
Fall 2018 my sweetheart's coming out full time! :icon_female:
She began HRT but had adverse reactions, so gave up on coming out to protect her health.
Summer 2022 I went through gender confirmation surgery as a result of cancer.
2024 her cardiologist and a therapist wrote letters approving of resuming HRT, and now she's getting on the calendar for surgery!
  •  

Jessica

That's an amazing day Faith.  Now how many times did you tear up?
I would have been over the moon the whole day!

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Michelle_P

Faith, congratulations!  Getting that paperwork filed and the process started is a huge accomplishment!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

LizK

Fantastic...you go girl...step by step  ;D
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Faith

YAY ME!  :D Yes, I'm still up from yesterday.

@jessica (sorry, mentions don't work) how many times did I tear up? I didn't count, it was several, then several more. I am not counting the tears that actually came out right after filing  :icon_cry: . At least I didn't break down right there, that would have been embarrassing  :icon_redface: .

My new(ish) boots. The heels are twice as high as my others  :o They are comfortably large enough for thicker socks on cool days.

here's a photo. Hope it's not too dark, I had to balance between the shoe and the nasty work room floor.

•  

TonyaW

Congratulations on filing the name change  stuff.  Do you know yet when its supposed to be official?

Cute boots by the way.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Faith

Quote from: TonyaW on March 07, 2019, 07:08:06 AM
Congratulations on filing the name change  stuff.  Do you know yet when its supposed to be official?

Cute boots by the way.

Thanks, on the boots.

Background check from the fingerprinting can take up to two weeks, after that the Clerk contacts me for court scheduling

•  

KathyLauren

Faith, congratulations on filing your offical name change! 

Nice boots!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Faith

Quote from: KathyLauren on March 07, 2019, 08:45:37 AM
Faith, congratulations on filing your offical name change! 

Nice boots!

Thanks Kathy. The boots are Merona. Rather inexpensive boots (and I paid even less 2nd hand), they fit though. If I measured correctly they are 3.5" heels. Takes a bit of getting used to. I can feel it in my ankles when I do my parking lot walk.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Faith on March 07, 2019, 10:19:58 AM
Thanks Kathy. The boots are Merona. Rather inexpensive boots (and I paid even less 2nd hand), they fit though. If I measured correctly they are 3.5" heels. Takes a bit of getting used to. I can feel it in my ankles when I do my parking lot walk.
Those are pretty high heels!  I have pair of ankle boots with 3 1/2 " high heels, one has to get really used to them!

My most comfortable shoes are ankle boots with a 2 1/2 " high block heel.  I can walk the entire day in them.  I bought them at Payless, when they had their 1/2 price off sale.

•