Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faith

Why do I have this overwhelming desire to post and share something .. when I have nothing to say?
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Faith on March 25, 2019, 11:02:40 AM
Why do I have this overwhelming desire to post and share something .. when I have nothing to say?
@Faith
Dear Faith:
Because your like-minded friends are here and your followers not only eagerly read what you have to say but they (me included) are very interested in what you have to say....
.... and it goes without saying that we are all supporting you, rooting for you and want you to have success and happiness.
Hugs and best wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on March 25, 2019, 11:02:40 AM

I've got nothing to say,
But it's okay.
Good morning, good morning, good morning!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 25, 2019, 11:07:48 AM
@Faith
Dear Faith:
Because your like-minded friends are here and your followers not only eagerly read what you have to say but they (me included) are very interested in what you have to say....
.... and it goes without saying that we are all supporting you, rooting for you and want you to have success and happiness.
Hugs and best wishes,
Danielle

hugs and kisses back  :icon_hug: :icon_hug:  :-* :-* :icon_hug: :icon_hug:

Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 25, 2019, 11:19:26 AM
I've got nothing to say,
But it's okay.
Good morning, good morning, good morning!
Stephanie
waving inside the quote  :icon_wave: :icon_wave:

Inclusion: a part of something without having to do or say anything at all .. just be.

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Faith on March 25, 2019, 11:37:32 AM
Inclusion: a part of something without having to do or say anything at all .. just be.
[emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Donica

Quote from: Faith on March 24, 2019, 08:12:55 PM
Liz, you should totally try fiery red!!

Thanks Rachel!

I debated these other photos, the unmadeup face bothers me. Lori says they look good. Eh ..

Whoohoo!! It looks great Faith. I think it looks more lavender than purple. I believe I've mentioned before my favorite color is lavender.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Faith

Hey Ya'll

I was a big hit at work yesterday. I had three responses
- A mild "I love your hair"
- An intense "I love your hair!"
- A jaw drop and "OMG, I LOVE YOUR HAIR"
as for that third, one gal was so excited she started dancing around me. That seemed like a bit much ... she is into colored hair though and rather excitable every day :D

Nothing new to add. I do have this swelling in my chest that feels like a balloon full of 'feel good'. I think it'll be a good day :)

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on March 26, 2019, 07:20:59 AM
Hey Ya'll

as for that third, one gal was so excited she started dancing around me. That seemed like a bit much ... she is into colored hair though and rather excitable every day :D

Nothing new to add. I do have this swelling in my chest that feels like a balloon full of 'feel good'. I think it'll be a good day :)

SQUEEE!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Michelle_P

Hey Ya'll

It's all good!  Life is so much better on the femme side of things, especially the sharing and mutual excitement!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

TonyaW

Hey Ya'll

If you had any doubts about the color, I think you got your answer.
Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 26, 2019, 07:34:51 AM
SQUEEE!
I see that with the purple squeee.

Very nice.

•  

Faith

My doubt wasn't the purple .. it was the amount and intensity. There a lot of purple!!  :O

I also meant three types of responses, not 3 responses. I certainly had more than 3 actual responses .. and more today :D

Thanks everyone!! 

•  

Faith

Yesterday. Well, as some of you know, yesterday was real bad for dysphoria. I could not look at glimpses, reflections, no images of any kind. Even just sitting and letting my mind drift depressed me more. Things are just wrong! No magic, no money, stuck. All I could do was distract myself which didn't last long. When I arrived home I saw Lori sitting at the sewing machine. My mood immediately lifted. I felt good. No I still couldn't look at myself or think about it yet it no longer eat at me. My mood definitely changed for the better.

Lori received word that our granddaughter (6) needed picked up from school so away we go. After we got to the school, she climbed into the car whereupon I immediately asked her who she was. She can't be my granddaughter the hair is all wrong. I proceeded to get informed of who she is, quite firmly. BTW, she got her hair dyed .. some intense florescent pink  :o I don't know where kids get these ideas from  ::).

We get her home to discover that our grandson (14) is at the mall with no ride home. Ok, time to go to the mall. NO! he's not ready. Too late, we're on the way. To give him more time we planned on wandering a bit. First priority was the restroom .. which was uneventful. Well, there was an event - I just don't think you need to hear bodily function details.

As we're walking back down the hallway from the restroom Lori points out a little white dog, cute, I have no idea of the breed. The dog was accompanied by an older lady, a bit older than me - mid to late 60's as a guess. Anyways, this lady is looking at me. Well, having my wits about me and remembering all those suggestions here on Susan's to disarm anyone staring with a big smile, I looked her straight in the eye and gave her the best smile I could come up with. I'm pretty sure it was not a terminator grimace (anyone seen that where he tries to smile? *shudder*). She smiled back and we kept going.

Rather than wander we decided to eat .. well, I did at least. Sitting there eating .. holy cow? how much did they think I could eat? They really piled it on - I didn't finish it! .. I digress ... sitting there eating our grandson comes walking up. Lori takes him to get something to eat (pizza, of course). So, I'm sitting there alone quietly eating.

I wasn't really looking around, peripheral vision showed shadows moving by, then one stopped and I hear, "You are very attractive". It didn't register right away, enough that I turned to look. There was that same lady in a wheelchair smiling at me. She repeated herself, "You are very attractive", still smiling. Well, I was a bit dumbfounded, I did mange to smile back and say thank you .. as she rolled away.

did it make me feel good, you betcha. Still, I wonder, does she have cataracts? I mean, something has to explain it. Maybe a stroke? Her speech pattern was indicative of a stroke and would give explanation to the wheelchair as well.

All in all, the afternoon/evening was much better than the day.

•  

TonyaW

Someone said this to me the other day

"Self-perception is your issue, not your face."

Glad the day turned better for you. 

•  

Faith

Quote from: TonyaW on March 28, 2019, 07:10:14 AM
Someone said this to me the other day

"Self-perception is your issue, not your face."

Glad the day turned better for you. 

I wonder who said that?  ::)

•  

randim

Quote from: Faith on March 28, 2019, 06:38:05 AM

I wasn't really looking around, peripheral vision showed shadows moving by, then one stopped and I hear, "You are very attractive". It didn't register right away, enough that I turned to look. There was that same lady in a wheelchair smiling at me. She repeated herself, "You are very attractive", still smiling. Well, I was a bit dumbfounded, I did mange to smile back and say thank you .. as she rolled away.

did it make me feel good, you betcha. Still, I wonder, does she have cataracts? I mean, something has to explain it. Maybe a stroke? Her speech pattern was indicative of a stroke and would give explanation to the wheelchair as well.

I think part of it is cis women are a lot less judgemental about what nature has endowed a woman with. Being socialized as male, it is pretty easy to hold a  standard of female beauty as young and hot and sexy.  Cis women look at it differently, I think.  They recognize their sisters come in all sizes and shapes and ages.  I do think they can be quite judgemental about the *choices* women make in how they present -- hairstyles, clothes, makeup, shoes, etc..  Sound like she thought you had put a look together that worked for you.   Kudos!
  •  

Faith

Quote from: randim on March 28, 2019, 07:40:38 AM
I think part of it is cis women are a lot less judgemental about what nature has endowed a woman with. Being socialized as male, it is pretty easy to hold a  standard of female beauty as young and hot and sexy.  Cis women look at it differently, I think.  They recognize their sisters come in all sizes and shapes and ages.  I do think they can be quite judgemental about the *choices* women make in how they present -- hairstyles, clothes, makeup, shoes, etc..  Sound like she thought you had put a look together that worked for you.   Kudos!

I think it's the purple hair  :icon_woowoo:  ;D

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on March 28, 2019, 08:13:01 AM
I think it's the purple hair  :icon_woowoo:  ;D

Woowoo indeed! [emoji6]

•  

Faith

More good piling up.

A client at work met me as I 'hung out' in the break room. More, "I love your hair' followed by hair talk for a bit and more 'I love it' when she found out that the white/silver was natural. As she left the room she said something along the lines of 'stay beautiful'.
(that was an abbreviated version of what happened)

After work, I stopped at the flower shop to get Lori some .. surprise .. flowers :D The woman in there greeted me and .. my voice completely changed on it's own. I didn't recognize myself in my own ears. That and all my mannerisms, hand movements. I could tell by how she talked to me, I was just another woman in her eyes (and ears). The only thing that might have cued her in was just before I left. We were talking about the card to write and she asked if it was for a friend. I was like, Oh no, they're for my wife.

I bought a spring flower arrangement, because Lori really likes them, and a dozen red roses - because I couldn't make up my mind so I got both.

Oh, why? I don't need a reason it just happens that today is her birthday.

I wrote her a happy birthday note and signed it: Faith -n- John ... because I am me, I encompass both and the flowers were from all of me. OH, and we both teared up.

in all good a bit of distress must come. I shared this with Sarah so full disclosure: this is a copy/paste :D

Oh, I had a panic moment this morning.

I was in the restroom, single-use unisex, doing my business and I hear the outer door open. I also had the stall door open. I must have closed the door a split second after pushing the button making it unlock.

It was a guy.

He stammered an apology and backed out after I made my panic noises of "I'm in here".

Nothing seen as the stall doesn't face the door. The mirror is placed just right so we could see each other's heads.

I managed to lock it after he left

•  

Faith

I'm probably going to regret this. Maybe I should bury it somewhere else .... why? because face and body image dysphoria is killing me. I look down at myself and I like what I see. I look in a mirror or photo .. nope. I can lie to myself when I look down.

This is today's outfit:

•  

sarah1972

Love it Faith! Looks awesome!

•