Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Faith's Progress

Started by Faith, November 10, 2017, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anne Blake

Congratulations Faith Nicole! I will let you do the SQUEEEEing
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Anne Blake on April 16, 2019, 11:29:50 AM
Congratulations Faith Nicole! I will let you do the SQUEEEEing

Thanks Tia .. I was just about to ... I now have an official deadname !!!!  SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

KathyLauren

Woo-hoo, Faith!  You are now officially you, even if you have to wait a few days to prove it!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Faith

up to 10 days just to get the letter!!  >:(  then I have to run around changing things. I can handle it, I will handle it, as me .. Faith Nicole .. WOOOO. :icon_dance: :icon_dance: :icon_dance:

just finished a crappy shopping run. Who designed Lowe's? jeez, what a mess. Now I'm trying to get my mood back up by concentrating on this mornings activities :)

•  

Linde

Quote from: Faith on April 16, 2019, 11:32:44 AM
Thanks Tia .. I was just about to ... I now have an official deadname !!!!  SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
You are a darn lucky Lady (I don't even know your dead name, but don't care either)  Congratulations!

I am still waiting for my letter with the judgement to show up in the mail!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Donica

Congratulations Faith Nicole! Truly a Happy Name Day SQUEEEEEE!!!.
In Cali we had to present our new SS card to the DMV before they would change our DL. So we had to wait an extra week or so. They were very strict about it too. It had to be brand new with no defects. Not even a folded corner ::)

BTW, my daughter's name is Nicole. I love that name. After all, I picked it for my baby girl ;D
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

TonyaW

Hey lady, congratulations on being legal.

What's with not being able to give you a copy right away? Judge gave me the signed order and I took it downstairs and had my certified copies made.  That a Florida thing or your county? Sucks that you to have to wait. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Rachel

Congratulations, I am happy for you.

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Faith on April 16, 2019, 11:29:22 AM
Let's see how tedious this is on a phone.

Nervous jitters and stress. We got to the courthouse 35 mins early, that dragged on. Finally our group gets called in. No private setting, there were two other petitioners there. An older lady went first, she dragged things out a bit by misunderstanding the questions. The. Magistrate was a bit sober faced through it.

Next he read out my deadname. I'm pretty sure the other gals gave a startled look when I stood up. Might have been just me. As I walked up the Magistrate switched to a big smile, much more personable. He asked his standard questions then got to the reason for name change. "My old name is no longer suitable. I have been known as Faith Nicole to work, friends, and family for the past year and a half". He was still smiling when he replied, 'i bet you like this one better". What could I say? I agreed ;D He smiled at me throughout the entirety of the proceedings..

While the name change is official, I have to wait for it to be mailed to me so no SS or DMV visit today. I guess Charlotte County is no more advanced than Lee County is. Once I get it .. then .. I can go to the Clerk, get certified copies and take care of the drudge work of paperwork changes.

Oh .. yes .. I cried again after we walked out. I think I made it a little further down the hallway this time than I did after I filed.
Brilliant I am so happy for you.., what a milestone wooohooo

Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: TonyaW on April 16, 2019, 05:51:38 PM
Hey lady, congratulations on being legal.

What's with not being able to give you a copy right away? Judge gave me the signed order and I took it downstairs and had my certified copies made.  That a Florida thing or your county? Sucks that you to have to wait. 

apparently, they keep the original in their file. So, it's gets sent interdepartmental to filing, filing makes on certified copy, then they mail it to me (the copy, not the original). After I receive it if I need more copies (I will) I have to go back to filing and request more copies made from the original .. which I pay for. Why I can't just go to filing in the first place and instead of waiting for the letter, I have no idea. Welcome to governmental logic.

Rachel, Liz .. thanks .. yes it was a good day. Even Lowe's couldn't ruin it :D

Quote from: Donica on April 16, 2019, 05:18:57 PM
Congratulations Faith Nicole! Truly a Happy Name Day SQUEEEEEE!!!.
In Cali we had to present our new SS card to the DMV before they would change our DL. So we had to wait an extra week or so. They were very strict about it too. It had to be brand new with no defects. Not even a folded corner ::)

BTW, my daughter's name is Nicole. I love that name. After all, I picked it for my baby girl ;D

Computers. While I will need to take proof, the physical card is not a requirement. I, supposedly, can use the 'temporary paper' the SS will give to me and they confirm it on the computer. If it's on the computer, why do I need the paper? *sigh*

yep, Nicole, Faith Nicole. I know I've said it before, that name was picked by my wife and her sister for my 2nd born daughter .. unbeknownst to me. I came up with her name, along with my wife. I guess there was a reason :D

•  

Linde

Quote from: Faith on April 17, 2019, 07:30:56 AM
apparently, they keep the original in their file. So, it's gets sent interdepartmental to filing, filing makes on certified copy, then they mail it to me (the copy, not the original). After I receive it if I need more copies (I will) I have to go back to filing and request more copies made from the original .. which I pay for. Why I can't just go to filing in the first place and instead of waiting for the letter, I have no idea. Welcome to governmental logic.

Rachel, Liz .. thanks .. yes it was a good day. Even Lowe's couldn't ruin it :D

Computers. While I will need to take proof, the physical card is not a requirement. I, supposedly, can use the 'temporary paper' the SS will give to me and they confirm it on the computer. If it's on the computer, why do I need the paper? *sigh*

It seems to be a Florida thing!  I am still waiting for my letter, they seem to be in no hurry!  I just hope that IO will not run into any trouble having an ID that for sure does not depict the person having it in her waled!  I started to carry my copy of my name change application with me, to be able to show that I am doing something about this.

The entire process is very frustrating!  The were very eager to take my money during minute one of it!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Faith

Welcome to Monday's photo taken on a Wednesday.

Oh, and for Steph. I did get one photo while were were waiting outside the courtroom
granddaughter's pigtails :D

I like the 2nd photo much better.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on April 17, 2019, 08:03:39 AM

Oh, and for Steph. I did get one photo while were were waiting outside the courtroomgranddaughter's pigtails :D

Well, they're both cuties!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Faith on April 17, 2019, 08:03:39 AM

Oh, and for Steph. I did get one photo while were were waiting outside the courtroomgranddaughter's pigtails :D

What's going in that picture there?  I see an actual smile. Must be the legal thing.

Pretty sure my judge signed two copies, one that they keep and one they gave to me.  Guess Florida is trying to save the judge from writers cramp or the cost on pens.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Stevi

Faith Necole

Congrats!  A GOOD DAY!

This time last year I started my name change process.  No theatrics.  All I did was walk into the Clerk of Court office, and sit down with him to go over all the forms I had collected.  After filling out the NCR form for the Name Change order everything I needed to do was done other than pick up the third part of the form after 10 business days.  The visit with the clerk went well since he was very supportive so there was little opportunity or cause for drama.  In some way it was anti-climatic.

My wife and I are planning some assorted activities for my first rebirthday this coming April 30th.

Stevi
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: TonyaW on April 16, 2019, 05:51:38 PMWhat's with not being able to give you a copy right away? Judge gave me the signed order and I took it downstairs and had my certified copies made.  That a Florida thing or your county? Sucks that you to have to wait. 

My memory is getting a little hazy now, as I had mine changed over a year ago. I'm in a different Florida county, but my court hearing was presided over by a magistrate, and the final order had to be counter-signed by a judge, which took a few days. Then I picked up my copies (from a very nice lady, as everyone was in my dealings), went to the SS office, and after a short wait, got that done. They were extremely nice there, too. A few days later I took my SS receipt to the DMV and got my driver's license. I distinctly remember the lady saying, "You can smile if you want to." Oh yes, I wanted to! She brought it up on her screen, and said, "Oh, I think you're going to like this!" She printed the card and gave it to me, and I broke into tears. Yes, I like it a lot...

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Stevi on April 17, 2019, 08:37:08 AM
Faith Necole

Congrats!  A GOOD DAY!

This time last year I started my name change process.  No theatrics.  All I did was walk into the Clerk of Court office, and sit down with him to go over all the forms I had collected.  After filling out the NCR form for the Name Change order everything I needed to do was done other than pick up the third part of the form after 10 business days.  The visit with the clerk went well since he was very supportive so there was little opportunity or cause for drama.  In some way it was anti-climatic.

That's just a little surprising, considering where you live. But as with everything, so much is dependent on the individual person you deal with. Sounds like you got some good ones.

People are so unpredictable, or maybe I just don't understand how to read them. I remember being amazed when an old business partner called to tell me that after he heard the news, he respected me more than he ever did before. He is one of the most hard-core rednecks from southern Alabama you'd ever meet.

Stephanie

•  

Faith

Quote from: steph2.0 on April 17, 2019, 08:38:11 AM
My memory is getting a little hazy now, as I had mine changed over a year ago. I'm in a different Florida county, but my court hearing was presided over by a magistrate, and the final order had to be counter-signed by a judge, which took a few days. Then I picked up my copies (from a very nice lady, as everyone was in my dealings), went to the SS office, and after a short wait, got that done. They were extremely nice there, too. A few days later I took my SS receipt to the DMV and got my driver's license. I distinctly remember the lady saying, "You can smile if you want to." Oh yes, I wanted to! She brought it up on her screen, and said, "Oh, I think you're going to like this!" She printed the card and gave it to me, and I broke into tears. Yes, I like it a lot...

Stephanie

yeah, that pretty much sums it up. So many signatures just to tell me who I am. It's legally changed, yet I can't use it or do anything about it until the judge signs as well. If you can't trust the Magistrate, why do you have one? sheesh!!

Anyways, I did get my efile notice so it's out of the Magistrates office.

•  

Donica

The name change process may be much easier in Cali nowadays but it still takes the same amount of time to get everything done. No more hearings and letters from your doctor. Oh, except for the DMV you still need a letter.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •