Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dena

The reason many people complain about airline meals is the dry cabin air prevents you from properly tasting and smelling the food. A proper airline will make their meals more moist and add additional seasoning to compensate for this problem. I really hadn't though about this much but for a while my roommate didn't have the seniority to work on aircraft so she maintained the flight kitchen. The staff was served meals to keep them from sampling the flight meals but they were given something other than what was put on the plane. One of the reasons would have been they were probably sick of looking at the meals but  the other was the flight meals might have tasted off if consumed on the ground. I was able to eat some of these leftovers and they were very good so it wasn't the skill of the cook.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

big kim

Squid in a Thai sauce with jasmine rice
  •  

Roll

Tacos. It's tuesday. Every tuesday is tacos. It's the law.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Devlyn

•  

Siobhan Amanda

I'll probably be having pizza now.. with anchovies
"You only live twice"
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on November 28, 2017, 08:04:27 PM
Yeah. What exactly the heck is Gü?  :laugh:

Gü is what showed up on the dinner tray from Virgin Atlantic, upper right corner.  I think it might have been dessert.  The manufacturer's web site for actually looks good but the name didn't translate well... and the airline version was a little plastic container of, um, Gü.  I didn't try it.   

Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Devlyn

...chuckle...snort....The Gü Team.....I better leave this thread now before immaturity gets the better of me.  :-X
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Roll

Quote from: Kendra on November 28, 2017, 08:10:17 PM
Gü is what showed up on the dinner tray from Virgin Atlantic, upper right corner.  I think it might have been dessert.  The manufacturer's web site for actually looks good but the name didn't translate well... and the airline version was a little plastic container of, um, Gü.  I didn't try it.

I feel like they need a better name, because their products look delicious. Yet if you served me something just labeled Gü, I'm not touching it.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Megan.

Gü are a range of (highly calorific) quality desserts that are very yummy. An occasional treat from the store in my case. For store-made, they are about a good as it gets.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Julia1996

Last night I made lambchops, twice baked potatoes and steamed brocolli. I have to either put cheese sauce or hollandaise sauce on the brocolli before my brother will think of eating it. It's like having a picky toddler sometimes.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

p

Quote from: broage on November 28, 2017, 08:06:29 PM
I'll probably be having pizza now.. with anchovies

My favorite kind!!!

Last night we had more matzo ball soup with turkey stock--I could eat it for every meal! And I made giblet pâté with the turkey giblets.
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on November 28, 2017, 08:15:27 PM
...chuckle...snort....The Gü Team.....I better leave this thread now before immaturity gets the better of me.  :-X

Well at least the Gü was from a, um... what was the name of that airline? 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Devlyn

All the best Gü comes from um, er, there.
  •  

V M

Stuffed a left over slice of turkey with mushrooms, slice of red onion and Swiss cheese, wrapped it with bacon then baked it in the oven on my cast iron grill pan along with a potato in foil

Also cooked up some French cut green beans with mushrooms and butter and made a side of salad
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Julia1996

Last night I made stuffed peppers. I make the filling with ground beef, sweet Italian sausage, onions, a can of diced tomato, cheese , garlic, a little hot sauce and then top them in buttered bread crumbs and bake them in tomato sauce and then top them with more cheese as soon as they come out of the oven. I use red and yellow bell peppers because my dad doesn't like the green ones but you can use any peppers.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Michelle_P

Oh, dear!  This is just way too funny!  Thanks for the laughs, but now I need to check for popped stitches!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Roll

Creme Brulee french toast currently soaking in the egg mixture in the fridge. Dinner tonight will be a decadent feast of pseudo-dessert breakfast.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Megan.

Peruvian Tapas with my company LGBT network. Yummy!

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•