Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

chicken and potato curry with a tomato based sauce and very spicy.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Maddie86

I've been really into canned soup lately! My recent favorite is Progresso Lite Chicken Enchallada, I had a can of that tonight. I always have to tinker with pre-made food though, so I added a little chipotle taco seasoning to the soup along with some Cholula brand hot sauce and some organic jalapeno hot sauce, so good!
  •  

V M

I made a pizza  ;D  Italian salami, Italian sausage, crumbled bacon, mushrooms, olives, onions and Ricotta cheese with a sprinkle shredded cheeses from a six cheese Italian cheese packet 
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Last night I made sauerbraten with potato dumplings and red cabbage.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Thea

I work on my feet for 9 or 10 hours each day, 5 days per week so, most evenings I have little time or energy to cook.
On my days off I make casseroles and slow cooker meals. Since I live by myself, I divide everything up into meal size portions and freeze most of it.

Last night I finished up the last of the cheese enchiladas I made 2 weeks ago.
This morning I put a beef roast into the slow cooker and am going to spend some time looking online for a casserole recipe that I've never made before.

My mom, who taught me to cook, grew up in Arizona, as did I. Most of my repertoire is southwestern/Sonoran. I think I need to branch out.
Veteran, U.S. Army

First awareness of my true nature 1971
Quit alcohol & pot 10/22/14
First acceptance of my true nature 10/2015
Started electrolysis 9/12/17
Begun Gender Therapy 7/06/18
Begun HRT 8/01/18
Quit tobacco 11/23/18

•  

p

Had company last night so I whipped up some gougères with herbs and cheese--they are always a big hit and go great with wine and beer.
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

big kim

Spaghetti Bolognes with the £1 red wine.
  •  

davina61

Lamb and spinach with a bit of finger(new very sharp knife) froze enough for 2 more meals. BTW only a cut to the back of lh middle finger cutting up the leg of lamb into cubes.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 03, 2017, 07:48:12 AM
Last night I made sauerbraten with potato dumplings and red cabbage.

Whoa. From scratch, or from the Knorr packet? Either way, you should have invited me, but if you do your own, will you share the recipe?  ;)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Dena

Quote from: davina61 on December 03, 2017, 03:40:50 PM
Lamb and spinach with a bit of finger(new very sharp knife) froze enough for 2 more meals. BTW only a cut to the back of lh middle finger cutting up the leg of lamb into cubes.
Dull knifes are dangerous. I will stop meal preparation and sharpen my knife if somebody took the edge off it when I wasn't looking. That way  I know enough to be careful with my knifes because they are always sharp. Now if I can get my mom to bring hers to work there will be sharp knifes for Christmas.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on December 03, 2017, 03:45:03 PM
Whoa. From scratch, or from the Knorr packet? Either way, you should have invited me, but if you do your own, will you share the recipe?  ;)

Hugs, Devlyn

From scratch. It's my grandma's recipie.

3 pounds of beef roast. I use chuck roast.
1 large onion sliced.
1 1/2 cups red wine vinegar.
1 cup beef stock
1tbs sea salt,
1tbs of freshly ground black pepper.
2 tbs white sugar,
10 cloves.
2 bay leaves.
2 tbs flour.
10 crumbled ginger snap cookies.

Put the roast, onions, vinegar, beef stock, salt, pepper, cloves and bay leaves in a Dutch oven and refrigerate it for three days. It's really important to let it marinate for the three days. Make sure you turn the meat every day. When your ready to cook it take the meat out of the marinade and pat it dry. Add salt and pepper to the flour and sprinkle it over the meat.  Brown the meat on all sides in some cooking oil. Then pour the marinade back over it and simmer for 2-3 hours. I do it for 3 hours. Remove the meat and slice it. Strain the cooking liquid and then add the crumpled ginger snaps to it and simmer until the gravy thickens. Serve the gravy over the meat. I served it with potato dumplings and red cabbage.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

p

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 03, 2017, 07:18:36 PM
From scratch. It's my grandma's recipie.

3 pounds of beef roast. I use chuck roast.
1 large onion sliced.
1 1/2 cups red wine vinegar.
1 cup beef stock
1tbs sea salt,
1tbs of freshly ground black pepper.
2 tbs white sugar,
10 cloves.
2 bay leaves.
2 tbs flour.
10 crumbled ginger snap cookies.

Put the roast, onions, vinegar, beef stock, salt, pepper, cloves and bay leaves in a Dutch oven and refrigerate it for three days. It's really important to let it marinate for the three days. Make sure you turn the meat every day. When your ready to cook it take the meat out of the marinade and pat it dry. Add salt and pepper to the flour and sprinkle it over the meat.  Brown the meat on all sides in some cooking oil. Then pour the marinade back over it and simmer for 2-3 hours. I do it for 3 hours. Remove the meat and slice it. Strain the cooking liquid and then add the crumpled ginger snaps to it and simmer until the gravy thickens. Serve the gravy over the meat. I served it with potato dumplings and red cabbage.

DROOLING! This sounds so amazing--must try next time chuck roast is on sale.
Patti

Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Devlyn

Yes, the three days is really important, you're actually pickling the meat.
  •  

V M

Pickle pickle who's got the pickle? LOL  That does sound like a pretty cool recipe, I wonder how it might work with a pork roast? (I've got one in the freezer that I need to do something with)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

big kim

King prawn Dhansak with naan bread. My name is Kim & I am addicted to curry, I first went down the slippery slope in 1978 when I had a chicken Jalfrezi & couldn't wait for my next hit
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: big kim on December 04, 2017, 05:24:58 PM
King prawn Dhansak with naan bread. My name is Kim & I am addicted to curry, I first went down the slippery slope in 1978 when I had a chicken Jalfrezi & couldn't wait for my next hit
Ooo yes Dhansak,  yummy,  good call Kim!

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

p

Got home very late last night but managed to whip up a tasty dinner--had veggie tacos with sofrito, peppers and mushrooms. I stirred some cheese into the mixture as well. Not very authentic, but plenty tasty!
Patti

Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Julia1996

Tonight I'm having potato and bacon soup and cheese biscuits.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

stephaniec

Italian sausage along with beet and rutabaga soup
  •  

big kim

Pizza with anchovies! Some readers may need to cross themselves & have a bath in holy water but it was delicious
  •