Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

I'm having leftover chicken and rice. Easy night.  :)
  •  

DawnOday

Cocido - Mexican vegetable beef soup.  Yum  So good on a freezing day.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

DawnOday

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 06, 2017, 04:52:48 PM
Tonight I'm having potato and bacon soup and cheese biscuits.

One of my favorites. Make it several times each winter. Do you use onions in it? Cheese biscuits. Oh my.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: DawnOday on December 06, 2017, 07:11:17 PM
One of my favorites. Make it several times each winter. Do you use onions in it? Cheese biscuits. Oh my.

Yes I do use onions in it. I also use a couple of diced carrots and I use half and half in it and I puree 1 cup of the soup in the blender and then add it back into the soup and it makes it really thick. I don't put cheese in it but I have a bunch of shredded cheese and sliced green onions for everyone to add to their soup if they want it.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 06, 2017, 08:24:22 PM
Yes I do use onions in it. I also use a couple of diced carrots and I use half and half in it and I puree 1 cup of the soup in the blender and then add it back into the soup and it makes it really thick. I don't put cheese in it but I have a bunch of shredded cheese and sliced green onions for everyone to add to their soup if they want it.

Sounds delicious  :eusa_drool:  What else do you do to make it?

You should have a TV show and publish a cookbook  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

V M

Chicken Linguine with bacon in a creamy white cheese sauce
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: V M on December 06, 2017, 09:16:42 PM
Sounds delicious  :eusa_drool:  What else do you do to make it?

You should have a TV show and publish a cookbook  ;D
Thank you. Here's my recipie for potato soup.

10 large potatoes.  No particular kind, any potatoes will work.
3 onions diced.
2 carrots diced.
2 stalks of celery diced.  My brother doesn't like celery so I leave it out of mine.
3 garlic cloves diced.
2-3 cans of chicken stock. Enough to cover the potatoes.
1/3 cups of butter plus 1 stick.
1/3 cup of flour.
2 1/2 cups of milk or half and half.
1/2 cup of sour cream. If you don't like sour cream leave it out and use. 3 cups of half and half.
1 package of diced ham or about 2 1/2 cups.
1/2 - 1 pound of bacon. I cook it in the oven until it's done but not crispy. Then I cut it into bite size pieces. The idea of hard crunchy bacon in the soup doesn't appeal to me.

Peel the potatoes and cut them into bite size pieces. Add the diced carrots to the pot and add enough chicken stock to cover everything and bring it to a boil. Once it boils turn the heat down and let it simmer. Brown the onion in bacon grease and add them to the pot. In another pot melt the butter and then whisk in the flour.  Cook it for 2-3 minutes. Slowly whisk in the half and half. Keep whisking it until it's smooth and let it simmer on medium low until it thickens. Salt and pepper it to taste. Scoop out about 1 1/2 cups of cooked potatoes with a little bit of the liquid. Let it cool a little and then puree it in the blender. You don't have to do this. I do it because it makes the soup thicker. Don't try to blend it until it's cooled off a little. If you put something really hot in the blender as soon as you turn it on it will erupt out and spray you with hot liquid. Add the puree back to the soup and stir in the half and half and sour cream. Add the diced ham, bacon and the stick of butter. I have shredded cheese and chopped green onions for topping the soup. This is even better the next day. I make it this way so it's hardy enough for 3 guys. You can change the ingredients around to make it healthier.

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

davina61

Had some spinach left over so did spinach and potatoes (Indian ) and chucked a lamb steak in oven , its lamb stew tomorrow in the slow cooker. 2 potatoes , 2 carrots , 2 parsnips a lamb steak and a bone with a bit of meat on left over from a curry and some lamb/veg stock from the last one I did.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

big kim

•  

Maddie86

I'm fighting a cold and I wanted to clear my nose out so I put some habanero tobasco in the salad dressing I used for my dinner  >:-)

•  

davina61

veg curry, stuffed pakora's and chicken with almonds and sultanas (new curry cook book!!!). Pakoras came out great, cauliflower and potatoes for the filling (for those that don't know its a stuffed bread) 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Julia1996

Tonight I'm having spinach and sausage lasagna and garlic cheese bread. I made a Boston cream pie earlier to have for desert. My dad found it and now it has a slice out of it. So annoying! Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Roll

Greasy as hell grocery store fried chicken bucket.  ....  Don't judge me. ;D
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Thea

I spent the afternoon baking cookies and eating them. I spoilt my appetite, mom would be so mad!
Veteran, U.S. Army

First awareness of my true nature 1971
Quit alcohol & pot 10/22/14
First acceptance of my true nature 10/2015
Started electrolysis 9/12/17
Begun Gender Therapy 7/06/18
Begun HRT 8/01/18
Quit tobacco 11/23/18

•  

Chloe M

Still cold snowy and icy here, so The big cauldron will be out for my home made ham and lentil home made soup :angel:
Taking my first steps introducing Chloe to the world after much angst and soul searching xx
  •  

p

Hi All! It was very snowy here so I made some hand-torn noodle soup this weekend (so much fun, although my technique is not so great for the noodles yet!). Was out all day yesterday and hubby suggested we pick up Indian, so we had Gobi 65, samosas, goan fish curry and malai kofta. I thought of you, Davina!
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Chloe M

Home made spag bolognese and meatballs, Unfortunately it was vile no idea what I done to it or left out as it tasted sweet  ??? ;D
Taking my first steps introducing Chloe to the world after much angst and soul searching xx
  •  

Megan.

My dad came over for one of our occasional meals to catch up away from my mum. Chicken and ham pie with fresh veg. For dessert a few pecan biscuits I baked last night.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Julia1996

Tonight I'm making liver and carmelized onions and smashed red potatoes. I know a lot of people think liver is totally nasty but if you soak it in milk for 2 hours before cooking it it gets rid of that really strong bitter/liver taste.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

big kim

Thai fishcakes with sweet chilli sauce & king prawns, peppers, onions, carrots & mangetout in mild Thai sauce with noodles. Couldn't be bothered cooking for one so I ate out on my own like Billy no mates
  •