Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle_P

BBQ!  I'm going to have dinner at a holiday party featuring a whole mess o barbecue! 

[emoji4][emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

V M

Last night I made spaghetti so tonight I'm having leftover spaghetti
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Roll

It's Tuesday, so TACOS AGAIN! ... Mmmm... I want more tacos... (What diet?)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on December 12, 2017, 06:05:59 PM
It's Tuesday, so TACOS AGAIN! ... Mmmm... I want more tacos... (What diet?)

I love tacos but mine always end up being a mess. Trying to keep the shells upright to fill them is such a pain. Then they break.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

•  

Roll

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 12, 2017, 06:39:08 PM
I love tacos but mine always end up being a mess. Trying to keep the shells upright to fill them is such a pain. Then they break.

Soft flour tortillas all the way! It's still a taco. ;D

~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

V M

Hot n' spicy tuna fish sandwich with fries
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Roll on December 13, 2017, 12:38:17 AM
Soft flour tortillas all the way! It's still a taco. ;D

I do soft shell with crunched up fritos on them, best of both worlds! I'm big into bbq, so anytime I make tacos it's with leftover smoked meat, so good!
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Maddie86 on December 13, 2017, 09:07:23 AM
I do soft shell with crunched up fritos on them, best of both worlds! I'm big into bbq, so anytime I make tacos it's with leftover smoked meat, so good!

I'll recycle almost anything into tacos. Leftover thanksgiving turkey? Tacos. No one ate the last two burgers? Tacos. Ran out of po'boy buns? Tacos. Have to dispose of a body? Tacos.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Maddie86

tonight's dinner: white chicken chilli with jalapeno hot sauce and crushed jalapeno fritos, yum! so much sodium!
  •  

Julia1996

Tonight I'm having chili and corn bread. I don't like cornbread and neither does my brother but my dad likes cornbread with chili so I made it. Cornbread....Ewww.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Roll

Gas station pizza. Between this and the grocery store fried chicken bucket, I'm on a roll of high quality cuisine.

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 13, 2017, 05:54:36 PM
Cornbread....Ewww.

Even as a southern gal, I concur.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Allison S

Thyme with herbs, olive oil and a baguette
I'm a true Levantine girl.. heck I may add some labnah (yogurt) !

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

V M

Tonight I'm having chili and corn bread. I don't like cornbread and neither does my brother but my dad likes cornbread with chili so I made it. Cornbread....Ewww.

Any extra cornbread can be sent here LOL  ;D  Love the stuff

- V M
  •  

Dena

There are two types of corn bread and I suspect you learned how to make southern corn bread from your neighbor. Southern cornbread is made without sugar and resembles cardboard when you eat it. Northern cornbread contains sugar and is more cake like. Like you, I hate southern corn bread but I like northern cornbread. Marie Callender makes a prepackaged mix that is northern corn bread and you should try it before you decide if you like it.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Dena on December 13, 2017, 08:22:46 PM
There are two types of corn bread and I suspect you learned how to make southern corn bread from your neighbor. Southern cornbread is made without sugar and resembles cardboard when you eat it. Northern cornbread contains sugar and is more cake like. Like you, I hate southern corn bread but I like northern cornbread. Marie Callender makes a prepackaged mix that is northern corn bread and you should try it before you decide if you like it.

Yes. That's the kind of cornbread I make. It's sooo dry it is like cardboard. I will have to try the northern kind.  The first time I made it no one really liked it. Then I made chili the next night and my dad ate some with the chili and he really liked it so now he wants it when I make chili.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 13, 2017, 08:28:56 PM
Yes. That's the kind of cornbread I make. It's sooo dry it is like cardboard. I will have to try the northern kind.  The first time I made it no one really liked it. Then I made chili the next night and my dad ate some with the chili and he really liked it so now he wants it when I make chili.

Julia, try this recipe, I've been using it for over 7 years now and I've never heard one complaint about my cornbread! My friends really like it!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/76594/grandmothers-buttermilk-cornbread/?internalSource=hub%20recipe&referringContentType=search%20results&clickId=cardslot%201

a couple tips: sometimes I add a little bit of mayo to the batter for moisture, people put it in cakes and since my cornbread is cake-like I decided to try it and it worked! Also, I like to drizzle it with a little honey and brush it in right as it comes out of the oven :)
  •  

Roll

I've had both styles and detest both equally, I shall never relent in my crusade against the evils of cornbread!

While at it, I also plan to eradicate any trace of bread or cake products that are "pumpkin spiced". It's just regular spice cake with a fancy label. Do not be lured in by its seasonal packaging!

... I'm bored.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

V M

Roll and the Cornbread Crusade LOL   ;D

- V M
  •  

V M

All this talk about cornbread made me hungry  :eusa_drool:  So I made some, it came out pretty good... Nice and fluffy

But rather than having a bowl of chili with cornbread on the side I did something a bit different...

I cut out two squares then sliced each in half like you would a dinner roll, then I spread some butter on each of the open halves and added a drizzle of honey to each

Then I poured the chili on top and sprinkled some cheese and added a spoonful of sour cream

I guess you could say it was a biscuits n' gravy style of chili and cornbread LOL

- V M
  •