Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddie86

Quote from: Roll on December 13, 2017, 09:53:18 PM
I've had both styles and detest both equally, I shall never relent in my crusade against the evils of cornbread!

While at it, I also plan to eradicate any trace of bread or cake products that are "pumpkin spiced". It's just regular spice cake with a fancy label. Do not be lured in by its seasonal packaging!

... I'm bored.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
I LOVE PUMPKIN SPICE!!!

I plan on making pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls this weekend!
  •  

p

Oh goodness, it's getting heated in here, and I don't think it's all the spicy food!

Last night I made creamed spinach and roasted whole tilapia on a bed of potatoes. I think I made a little too much cream sauce for the amount of spinach I had, so I will blend up the spinach and add sauteed veggies and use as a pasta sauce tonight.
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

V M

Ye Ole Hot Babe V M was going throw her cupboards and freezer and fridge trying to decide as supplies are beginning to dwindle

Came upon she a ham slice frozen in June, what's left of a bag of frozen hash brown potatoes, some slices of Swiss cheese, a bit of sweet bread from Thanks Giving, and a packet of Hollandaise sauce mix

Oh my but what sort of evil delicacy could the ole witch conjure up with such a mix?

An odd perversion of eggs benedict? Mmmmmm
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

davina61

Tamarind fish curry, made it to use up some yogurt and glad I did it is very nice. Sour from the tamarind and creamy from the yogurt . 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

p

This Sat made a Korean feast while the hubby worked--radish soup, hot pepper pancake, fried tofu, sauteed greens, radish salad & of course rice. It was a lot of fun and I used up much of the food I need to use up before hubby and I go away for the holidays.
Patti

Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

davina61

chicken curry surprise , didn't write what it was on the lid before freezing!!!!!!!! Toad in the hole with mash peas and gravy tomorrow.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

big kim

•  

Megan.

•  

p

I had always thought of toad in the hole as an egg cooked into a piece of toast with a hole in it, but I looked up a recipe for the British version and it looks delicious--enjoy Davina! Kim, anchovies are the only way to go! I almost never get to eat them on my pizza because many others don't care for them, sigh...
Patti

Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Megan.

I love toad in the hole, Davina, I'm jealous. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

davina61

Had some left over tinned tomatoes so made a tomato curry, if any ones brave I might post recipe, went well with mash and toad in the hole.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Megan.

Had stir fry chicken and vegetables with hoisin sauce and wholegrain rice.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

V M

Chicken linguine in a garlic Parmesan sauce
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Thea

Quote from: davina61 on December 19, 2017, 03:28:14 PM
Had some left over tinned tomatoes so made a tomato curry, if any ones brave I might post recipe, went well with mash and toad in the hole.

I'm a little embarrassed to ask as I feel I should know this, but could you enlighten me? What is toad in the hole?
Veteran, U.S. Army

First awareness of my true nature 1971
Quit alcohol & pot 10/22/14
First acceptance of my true nature 10/2015
Started electrolysis 9/12/17
Begun Gender Therapy 7/06/18
Begun HRT 8/01/18
Quit tobacco 11/23/18

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Thea on December 21, 2017, 07:47:38 AM
I'm a little embarrassed to ask as I feel I should know this, but could you enlighten me? What is toad in the hole?

It's sausages baked in an egg batter. I made it for my boyfriend thinking it was an Australian dish. He liked it but he told me toad in the hole was British,  not really Australian.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Last night I made beef stew and popovers.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Laurie

It would seem that both Patti and Julia are correct in answering the question "What is toad in the hole?" A search with google turned up recipes for both. I would suggest stating country of origin in addition to the name when discussing same.
  As for myself, I've only cooked an egg in the hole of a bell pepper ring as far as cooking one inside something else.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

davina61

British Toad in the Hole recipe , heat oven to 200C and put your dish in with some lard or oil , when hot put in sausages (4) cook 15 mins , make your batter (basic pancake mix) 4 oz of flour pinch of salt, add beaten egg and stir in 1/2 pint milk slowly whilst beating  , pour mix into dish and cook for 30 mins add mash potatoes, peas and rich gravy ENJOY
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Roll

Turkey pesto sandwich from grocery store while shopping for Christmas dinner ingredients. It was shockingly delicious. Or maybe I was just really hungry, I've had virtually no food today.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

natalie.ashlyne

Subway BMT lettuce tomatoes pickles onions spinach olives peppesr hot peppers cucumbers  sub sauce mayo and south west sauce
  •