Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MollyPants

Pea and ham soup :) x

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Megan.

Quote from: davina61 on December 21, 2017, 04:44:56 PM
British Toad in the Hole recipe , heat oven to 200C and put your dish in with some lard or oil , when hot put in sausages (4) cook 15 mins , make your batter (basic pancake mix) 4 oz of flour pinch of salt, add beaten egg and stir in 1/2 pint milk slowly whilst beating  , pour mix into dish and cook for 30 mins add mash potatoes, peas and rich gravy ENJOY
Mmmmm. I often chuck in some quartered small onions or shallots,  and a very good splash of cider while I cook the sausages,  and all of this goes into the tray with the batter. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Julia1996

British Toad in the Hole recipe , heat oven to 200C and put your dish in with some lard or oil , when hot put in sausages (4) cook 15 mins , make your batter (basic pancake mix) 4 oz of flour pinch of salt, add beaten egg and stir in 1/2 pint milk slowly whilst beating  , pour mix into dish and cook for 30 mins add mash potatoes, peas and rich gravy ENJOY

Is there an aussie version or is this a totally British thing? I found toad in the hole when I googled Australian recipes. Tristan had heard of it but he had never had it. He said it wasn't an aussie dish, that it was British. I have to wonder if google just lump British and Aussie dishes together or something. People tend to do that in general. Someone actually asked Tristan what part of England Australia was in. I just started laughing but Tristan very nicely explained that Australia was a separate country. He didn't even make the guy feel stupid. He can be too nice sometimes. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 22, 2017, 05:50:10 AM
Someone actually asked Tristan what part of England Australia was in. I just started laughing but Tristan very nicely explained that Australia was a separate country. He didn't even make the guy feel stupid. He can be too nice sometimes. Lol

Wow... That... is a new level of stupid. Someone thinking Pakistan is in the middle east... ignorant, but not unreasonably stupid. Not being sure which Canadian province is which... Okay, I admit I struggle with that one(do Canadians know American states?). But thinking Australia... the continent of Australia... is in the U.K... that's just... I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on December 22, 2017, 08:54:31 AM
Wow... That... is a new level of stupid. Someone thinking Pakistan is in the middle east... ignorant, but not unreasonably stupid. Not being sure which Canadian province is which... Okay, I admit I struggle with that one(do Canadians know American states?). But thinking Australia... the continent of Australia... is in the U.K... that's just... I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Working with the public there's no end to the dumb things I hear. And a couple of my brother's friends are as dumb as a box of hair. One of them told Tristan his English was really good and asked him if it was hard for him to learn. Tristan told him English was the language in Australia. The guy said he thought it was German.  Tristan asked him if he was confusing Australia with Austria.  After a few seconds of thinking he said " oh yeah. So where is Australia? "  Lol.  Another time this same genius asked him if they had cell phones in Australia.  Tristan told him no, but they were hoping to get electricity in the next couple of years. The guy said " oh, that's rough dude" of course I died laughing.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

Australia was originally a British penal colony due to it's rather harsh and dangerous conditions

It became settled over time and developed into the great nation that it is now, thus much of British culture migrated along with it all

Now Australia has it own identity and is a very popular destination for people from all over the world

I know I'd love to visit or possibly even live there  ;D

Now then, back to discussing dinner plans LOL

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Thea

Thanks, that sounds delicious. I'm going grocery shopping today. I'm going to give it a try.
Veteran, U.S. Army

First awareness of my true nature 1971
Quit alcohol & pot 10/22/14
First acceptance of my true nature 10/2015
Started electrolysis 9/12/17
Begun Gender Therapy 7/06/18
Begun HRT 8/01/18
Quit tobacco 11/23/18

•  

Devlyn

Apparently chocolate.  :laugh: 

My haul from work. Yes, Israeli chocolate for Christmas. I'm that good!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 22, 2017, 09:23:12 AM
Working with the public there's no end to the dumb things I hear. And a couple of my brother's friends are as dumb as a box of hair. One of them told Tristan his English was really good and asked him if it was hard for him to learn. Tristan told him English was the language in Australia. The guy said he thought it was German.  Tristan asked him if he was confusing Australia with Austria.  After a few seconds of thinking he said " oh yeah. So where is Australia? "  Lol.  Another time this same genius asked him if they had cell phones in Australia.  Tristan told him no, but they were hoping to get electricity in the next couple of years. The guy said " oh, that's rough dude" of course I died laughing.
My turn. Try asking Tristan who their Monarch is. You might be surprised at the answer.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Dena on December 22, 2017, 05:14:56 PM
My turn. Try asking Tristan who their Monarch is. You might be surprised at the answer.

It always makes me chuckle the same goes for Canada. ;D (<3 you Canada.)
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Maddie86

We had our x-mas dinner tonight with my sister because she's going out of town. I smoked a ham with a bourbon brown sugar mustard gingersnap glaze and a turkey breast with homemade cranberry mustard bbq sauce. My mom said she would take care of the sides. All she made were cheesy potatoes, there was no bread or other veggies! I would have made coleslaw and biscuits if I would have known! and she didn't even cook the potatoes all they way! oh well, at least my meats came out reallllly good, this was my first time doing a ham, it was so good!

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Maddie86 on December 23, 2017, 03:45:25 PM
We had our x-mas dinner tonight with my sister because she's going out of town. I smoked a ham with a bourbon brown sugar mustard gingersnap glaze and a turkey breast with homemade cranberry mustard bbq sauce. My mom said she would take care of the sides. All she made were cheesy potatoes, there was no bread or other veggies! I would have made coleslaw and biscuits if I would have known! and she didn't even cook the potatoes all they way! oh well, at least my meats came out reallllly good, this was my first time doing a ham, it was so good!

That looks like a nice dinner. I don't ask anyone to make sides after the first year I did thanksgiving . My grandma said she would bring the mashed potatoes. As if it wasn't bad enough that she brought instant mashed potatoes to thanksgiving, she didn't even make them with milk and butter. She made them with just water! I don't know why she did that but Ewwwwwwwwwwww! !!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 23, 2017, 03:54:01 PM
That looks like a nice dinner. I don't ask anyone to make sides after the first year I did thanksgiving . My grandma said she would bring the mashed potatoes. As if it wasn't bad enough that she brought instant mashed potatoes to thanksgiving, she didn't even make them with milk and butter. She made them with just water! I don't know why she did that but Ewwwwwwwwwwww! !!

thanks! and yeah, I think I'm just gunna do things myself if I can, my mom likes to take control of things though and she's not a very good cook, she got all pissy for my sister's birthday when my sister wanted me to make my baked beans but my mom wanted to make her recipe instead. Anytime I have a cookout I never have people bring a dish to pass, I like to show off so I make everything myself and leave out a donation jar lol
  •  

Devlyn

Meat and potatoes, I can assure you that meal would have passed muster at our house growing up. Vegetables? We don't need no steenking vegetables!  It looks delicious, honey!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Maddie86 on December 23, 2017, 03:59:42 PM
thanks! and yeah, I think I'm just gunna do things myself if I can, my mom likes to take control of things though and she's not a very good cook, she got all pissy for my sister's birthday when my sister wanted me to make my baked beans but my mom wanted to make her recipe instead. Anytime I have a cookout I never have people bring a dish to pass, I like to show off so I make everything myself and leave out a donation jar lol
I don't like people bringing food either. This is totally OCD of me I know, but unless it's immediate family I don't like eating food someone else brought. I have no idea if their kitchen is clean or if they practiced good hygiene while they cooked the food. I know that sounds weird but it's just a thing I have.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Roll

I don't mind people bringing food if it doesn't suck. ;D Fortunately, most people around me know their limitations when it come to cooking. Mostly I just don't like winding up footing the bill for food when I don't have the money to, so I'll take a few brought sides whenever I can to ease the burden on my purse.

(Oh and for the record, the little packs of seasoned Idahoan instant mashed are actually really, really good. I was shocked. My step brother bought some when he had wisdom teeth out a year or two ago, and I've been hooked. But to be fair, I despise lumpy mashed potatoes and the instant make a perfectly smooth texture for the satiation of my OCD.)
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Julia1996

Lumps come from little undercooked pieces of the potatoes.  I cut each potato into four pieces and then boil them.  Since they are all pretty much the same size they cook evenly. I also put them through a potato ricer after they cook. It takes a little longer but they come out silky and fluffy. Using a mixer to mash them makes them glue like. I add three sticks of butter, a block of cream cheese and some cream. So good!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Allison S

I just ordered out yet again by my lonesome self. Grilled shrimp, green peppers and onions with rice on the side. I couldve probably made this myself at home but oh well

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

V M

Yesterday someone gave me a Subway Sandwich gift card so I set some frozen fries out to defrost then rode my bike over to pick up a foot long chicken sandwich

Tonight I'm eating the other half of the sandwich and frying up some more frozen fries LOL
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Sol

Roasted Turducken with cheesy mash, mixed veg and lots of gravy.

It's CHRISTMAS Tomorrow and we have turducken cold with ham, prawns and salad on the day.
  •