Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

aubergine and tomato rice with chicken and onions (Dopiaz ) The chicken recipe was for 8 thighs and I only had 1 chicken breast so fiddled the amounts and it came out right. 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LJH24

Ham at my sister's tonight and lasagna here on Xmas day.
  •  

Allison S

I'm gonna have some instant noodles tonight

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Maddie86

Tonight was my first x-mas eve that wasn't at my grandmother's house, she passed away in April. My mom made lasagna and it came out like soup. It's funny, my mom was always super hard on my grandma's cooking, if my grandma made a meal like this she would have bitched up a storm! I also had one of those store bought chicken cordon blues from the freezer aisle at the store. My grandma always made that for me on xmas eve because she always made a seafood dinner that night and she knew that I hated seafood, so she made me a special meal and I wanted to keep the tradition going  :P
  •  

stephaniec

turkey, stuffing, cranberries, rutabaga, Brussel sprouts and kool aid
  •  

davina61

roast duck, roast pots and parsnips, carrots cauliflower green beans, pigs in blankets, stuffing rolls and duck gravy followed by Christmas pud and custard and a bottle of red
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Michelle_P

Tender greens
Squash soup
Turkey with cranberry-orange relish
Cranberry walnut bread
Garnet yam crisp
Sesame asparagus
Apple crisp with vanilla bean ice cream

Also at table will be priceless friends, my sisters adopted this past year.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Megan.

Beef & ale soup

Roast lamb
Roast potatoes
Brocoli
Carrots
Peas
Brussel sprouts
Pigs in blankets
Stuffing
Gravy

Cheese board
Chocolates
Christmas cake

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Devlyn

•  

Colleen_definitely

Smoked brisket.
Chicken breast that I pounded out, added some barbecue rub to, laid thin sliced apple slices into, rolled up and draped in bacon, then cooked in the smoker.
Chipotle macaroni and cheese.

It's the anti Delvyn meal. That brisket was in the smoker for 11 hours
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

V M

A rather messy roasted pork sandwich with fries
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Yesterday was roast goose, sausage stuffing, mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole,  whipped  carrots, green bean casserole, gravy and yeast rolls. My brother loves ham so I also did a small ham with pineapple glaze. Dessert was pumpkin and pecan pie.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on December 25, 2017, 08:27:27 PM
Smoked brisket.
Chicken breast that I pounded out, added some barbecue rub to, laid thin sliced apple slices into, rolled up and draped in bacon, then cooked in the smoker.

We can't verify that until we put the meal in the "Delvyn"!  :laugh:

Hugs, Dumpling  :-*
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on December 25, 2017, 08:27:27 PM
Smoked brisket.

omg, you and I could be good friends  :D

smoked brisket is one of my favorite meals, I think I'm going to try doing one on new year's eve, but the high that day is only supposed to be 18 degrees, so cooking outside probably isn't the best idea
  •  

Michelle_P

Leftovers from my Christmas dinner with friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Julia1996

I used leftovers from Christmas dinner to make other stuff. I like leftovers but after the second day of eating the same leftover dinner you had on Christmas it gets boring. I didn't have much goose leftover so I made stock from the carcas. Sandwiches from leftovers are really big with my dad and brother so I sliced the left over ham and made patties from the leftover stuffing and gravy as well as mashed potato cakes for sandwiches. I made bean soup with the ham bone and I I made broccoli soup with the leftover broccoli casserole.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Michelle_P on December 26, 2017, 09:16:12 PM
Leftovers from my Christmas dinner with friends.

That looks good. What are the little fried patties?
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 27, 2017, 06:24:55 AM
That looks good. What are the little fried patties?
Actually, little slices of yams that were baked in a maple syrup plus seasonings and topped with a crust of almond meal and rolled oats bound with a little butter.  The yams are baked 50 min st 400 degrees and then cooled, to soften them and make the skin easy to remove, then slices up and put in a baking dish with that syrup and topping to bake about 45 minutes at 350 along side the turkey.

Very different from canned yams!  (Actually garnet sweet potatoes , but most folks call these yams.)

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Michelle_P on December 27, 2017, 07:00:05 AM
Actually, little slices of yams that were baked in a maple syrup plus seasonings and topped with a crust of almond meal and rolled oats bound with a little butter.  The yams are baked 50 min st 400 degrees and then cooled, to soften them and make the skin easy to remove, then slices up and put in a baking dish with that syrup and topping to bake about 45 minutes at 350 along side the turkey.

Very different from canned yams!  (Actually garnet sweet potatoes , but most folks call these yams.)

That sounds really good. I would like to try it but I never have any leftover yams because no one in my family likes sweet potatoes. Your yams look like fried green tomatoes which I thought they might be at first. Fried green tomatoes are one of those southern things I expected to be nasty but were actually really good.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •