Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on December 28, 2017, 06:41:15 PM
I saw prepackaged PBJ sandwhices from smuckers recently  at the store. They were in the refrigerator isle so I knew they had to be nasty!

They can't possibly be as nasty as this!

And I thought chicken in a can was nasty.  Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: V M on December 28, 2017, 06:46:50 PM
I'm getting nauseous, can we get back to talking about food?  ;D

We can, but I just want to let you all know that I've been deeply hurt by these jabs at the Fluffernutter, the Official State Sandwich of Massachusetts.  :laugh:
  •  

V M

Always remember that even the deepest of wounds will heal eventually  ;D

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Devlyn

Tell that to poor Megan. She ended up leaving the skin of her hands up there.   :laugh:
  •  

V M

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on December 28, 2017, 07:11:33 PM
We can, but I just want to let you all know that I've been deeply hurt by these jabs at the Fluffernutter, the Official State Sandwich of Massachusetts.  :laugh:

Well, now that you've put it that way and the fact that Massachusetts is where my family originally landed when they emigrated from Europe I think I'll eat the other half of my turkey sandwich  ;D 
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 28, 2017, 06:53:04 PM
And I thought chicken in a can was nasty.  Lol

I legit thought this was going to kill me once. My friend was making buffalo chicken dip with it and she opened the can and the meat was all pink, it was super gross.
  •  

V M

I've tried this one, it was actually pretty good and I was able to make quite a few different meals with it

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: V M on December 29, 2017, 07:46:28 AM
I've tried this one, it was actually pretty good and I was able to make quite a few different meals with it

I've used chicken breast from a can before to make chicken salad. It was fine. When I say chicken in a can I mean a whole chicken stuffed in a can. The chicken is pretty much mush. It was one of the nastiest things I've ever seen! I'm not wild about chicken anyway but that was just gross!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

Oh, I think I might know what you're talking about and yeah that stuff can be pretty gnarly

This is what you see...

But this is what you get LOL

- V M
  •  

Roll

Oh God, I will never be able to unsee that.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: V M on December 29, 2017, 08:22:18 AM
Oh, I think I might know what you're talking about and yeah that stuff can be pretty gnarly

This is what you see...

But this is what you get LOL

Ewwww!!!! I wouldn't let my dog eat that. Looking at that literally made me nauseous! 
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

Quote from: Roll on December 29, 2017, 09:00:58 AM
Oh God, I will never be able to unsee that.

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 29, 2017, 09:55:05 AM
Ewwww!!!! I wouldn't let my dog eat that. Looking at that literally made me nauseous! 

I did give fair "gnarly" warning LOL

- V M
  •  

Devlyn

Pro tip: If Kendra decides to join this conversation about nasty food, run for your life!  :laugh:
  •  

Kendra

I have traveled quite a bit - one of the great things is local food.  But twice I have been unable to eat what was ordered. 

Singapore in 1996, nice restaurant on a business dinner.  I asked what the local specialty is - whatever it is, I want it.  A carefully decorated bowl appeared with what appeared to be the stuff I'd played with in a swamp in the woods when I was eight.  I figured well that's interesting but it's probably something made to appear like fancy swamp goo but can't really be... this was on fine tableware and linen, not an old Mason jar carried home on my Schwinn.  I looked more closely and it seemed too realistic.  So I asked.  It was a bowl of tadpole eggs. 

Beijing in 1992 was very different than Beijing today.  An ocean of bicycles and almost zero foreigners.  We were setting up for a large conference, stage crew asked what we wanted to eat - assuming everyone from the US wanted sandwiches.  I said hell no, gimme what the locals eat!   A few minutes later styrofoam containers appeared with sandwiches for the others, and mine was... a sparrow on a bed of rice.  But not like roasted quail or a miniature marinated chicken.  I mean exactly the way a sparrow looks when it bounces off a window - intact with all its feathers and still warm.  I thought ok they're messing with me, looked around and the local stage crew was eagerly chomping into theirs - exactly same as mine.  I couldn't eat it.

I like to respect and experience local culture but learned to be more careful when ordering food.

Sorry Julia, I didn't take pictures. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Saha

I have a couple of stories too......

Fermented mare's milk in Kyrgyzstan, and roasted grubs on the streets of Seoul
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Kendra on December 29, 2017, 12:24:25 PM
I have traveled quite a bit - one of the great things is local food.  But twice I have been unable to eat what was ordered. 

Singapore in 1996, nice restaurant on a business dinner.  I asked what the local specialty is - whatever it is, I want it.  A carefully decorated bowl appeared with what appeared to be the stuff I'd played with in a swamp out in the woods when I was eight.  I figured well that's interesting but it's probably something made to appear like fancy swamp goo but can't really be... this was on fine tableware and linen, not an old Mason jar carried home on my Schwinn.  I looked more closely and it seemed too realistic.  So I asked.  It was a bowl of tadpole eggs. 

Beijing in 1992 was very different than Beijing today.  An ocean of bicycles and almost zero foreigners.  We were setting up for a large conference, stage crew asked what we wanted to eat - assuming everyone from the US wanted sandwiches.  I said hell no, gimme what the locals eat!   A few minutes later styrofoam containers appeared with sandwiches for the others, and mine was... a sparrow on a bed of rice.  But not like roasted quail or a miniature marinated chicken.  I mean exactly the way a sparrow looks when it bounces off a window - intact with all its feathers and still warm.  I thought ok they're messing with me, looked around and the local stage crew was eagerly chomping into theirs - exactly same as mine.  I couldn't eat it.

I like to respect and experience local culture but learned to be more careful when ordering food.

Sorry Julia, I didn't take pictures. 

She shared this with me as I was working over a plate of free range seitan.  :laugh:
  •  

Julia1996

The weirdest thing I've eaten was horse. We were in France. I didn't know it was horse until after I ate it. It was actually very good. It was pretty similar to beef steak but leaner.  My brother tried escargot. He didn't like it much. Lol they also had pigeon on the menu. Yeah, no thanks. Pigeons are just flying rats. Aww.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on December 29, 2017, 12:38:54 PM
She shared this with me as I was working over a plate of free range seitan.  :laugh:

Run!!! Head for the hills!!! Don't look back!!!

- V M
  •  

Devlyn

Mrs. Budd cooked a chicken pot pie for me tonight.....looking at the nutritional information, I think she's trying to kill me!
  •  

davina61

Pidgeon is fine just small, made a chicken curry from my new book, it said 2 green chilies finely chopped but 1 would have been fine. good job I made a lot of rice. 2 boxes have gone in freezer and I put HOT on them!!!! Doing a coconut chicken curry tomorrow will need more containers and room in freezer.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •