Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allison S

Broccoli and cheddar guiche
It's store bought.. the flavors a bit off for me

Just switched it to spiced thyme and olive oil on whole wheat pita. I was supposed to get a crab meat salad but couldn't find any! [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
  •  

Dena

I haven't had pigeon yet but I have had Rumaki made with a water chestnut wrapped with a dove breast then wrapped with bacon. Problem is you need a bunch of doves in order to make a meal.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: V M on December 29, 2017, 08:22:18 AM
Oh, I think I might know what you're talking about and yeah that stuff can be pretty gnarly

This is what you see...

But this is what you get LOL

Why... would anyone put a chicken in a can? I mean really... why? That makes no sense to me whatsoever. That can looked like it gave birth. I don't know whether to eat it or look for an umbilical cord.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Devlyn

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Sephirah on December 30, 2017, 07:50:02 PM
Why... would anyone put a chicken in a can? I mean really... why? That makes no sense to me whatsoever. That can looked like it gave birth. I don't know whether to eat it or look for an umbilical cord.

What I wonder is why would anyone eat a chicken in a can??????
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 30, 2017, 07:58:27 PM
What I wonder is why would anyone eat a chicken in a can??????

I am a huge carnivore. I might be tempted to try it. Key word being might. Assuming A) I didn't see it come out of the can, and B) It hadn't attached itself to John Hurt's face.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Michelle_P

Canned chicken is a staple on long naval deployments when freezer space is at a premium and underway resupply isn't possible.  (Think submarine; running submerged and hidden for several months.  The diet gets a bit gnarly after a few months, with egg powder and canned chicken!)  I've also heard of canned chicken being used at forward Army/Marine deployments; not quite MRE territory, but the good old mess tent and trucked in everything.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Michelle_P on December 30, 2017, 08:21:20 PM
Canned chicken is a staple on long naval deployments when freezer space is at a premium and underway resupply isn't possible.  (Think submarine; running submerged and hidden for several months.  The diet gets a bit gnarly after a few months, with egg powder and canned chicken!)  I've also heard of canned chicken being used at forward Army/Marine deployments; not quite MRE territory, but the good old mess tent and trucked in everything.

That's really sad. You would think the military would do better than chicken in a can and egg powder. Those poor guys.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

Pro tip - Best preparation is to launch from a Howitzer, The bird is well flash cooked and freaks the bad guys out every time  ;D LOL
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 30, 2017, 08:53:17 PM
That's really sad. You would think the military would do better than chicken in a can and egg powder. Those poor guys.
That's not bad. If you really want to see bad, watch the movie Das Boot. The directors cut is the best but the regular cut will still make the point. It's about a German WWII sub and it doesn't omit any of the details. What is missing is it was impossible to wash up and the diesel fuel fumes permeated the sub contaminating everything. At the end of a tour, it was best to replace any clothing that was on the sub.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Deborah

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 30, 2017, 08:53:17 PM
You should try a frozen bag of chicken a la King.  It's like a chicken popsicle.  All you need to do is stick it inside your shirt to warm it enough so your teeth don't break biting into it.  When you're hungry it tastes pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

stephaniec

Brussel sprouts fried in olive oil and liverwurst  sandwiches and koolaid
  •  

Julia1996

Last night I made bacon and blue cheese stuffed steaks, twice baked potatoes and cauliflower with cheese sauce. For dessert I made chocolate lasagna.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 31, 2017, 07:56:31 AM
Last night I made bacon and blue cheese stuffed steaks, twice baked potatoes and cauliflower with cheese sauce. For dessert I made chocolate lasagna.

:police:  All right, everybody stand back!  :police:

I have special training, I'm going to make sure this is safe. Please be patient.  ;D
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on December 31, 2017, 08:04:55 AM
:police:  All right, everybody stand back!  :police:

I have special training, I'm going to make sure this is safe. Please be patient.  ;D
Lol, its made with layers of Oreo cookies, chocolate pudding and whipped cream. Then topped with miniature chocolate chips. Chocolate lasagna does sound nasty until you know what goes into it. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

virtualverny

Tofu chow mein with spring onions (I felt like cooking something that wasn't microwaveable today :p)
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on December 30, 2017, 07:57:54 PM
So it wouldn't cross the road.
It might roll across [emoji16]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

V M

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 31, 2017, 08:10:23 AM
Lol, its made with layers of Oreo cookies, chocolate pudding and whipped cream. Then topped with miniature chocolate chips. Chocolate lasagna does sound nasty until you know what goes into it. Lol

No, it still sounds nasty LOL  >:-)

Wasn't feeling well last night so I skipped dinner  :P  Woke up with a growling tummy today though
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

MollyPants

We had a takeaway curry. My favourite guilty treat!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Megan.

Pizza,  delivered,  lazy [emoji16]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•