Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dena

Quote from: Thea on January 02, 2018, 11:50:03 AM
Thanks Julia.
I have made casseroles and slow cooker dishes and frozen them when I had time.
My biggest issue is with guessing what I'm going to want later.
I'll just have to be less lazy, I guess.
I currently have Beef stew, Potato soup, Pea soup, Tomato pasta sauce with ground beef, chili,  and Boston baked beans in the freezer ready to eat. In addition there is salad in the refrigerator and if I am really feeling lazy, canned clam chowder. My California past means I keep canned food around just in case power is lost for a long period of time and everything in the freezer goes south. Otherwise the freezer will keep me going for weeks if needed.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

V M

Quote from: V M on January 01, 2018, 08:41:41 PM
Tonight is Pollo Bonavita rigate al porto

Made it to the store today so I'm back to attempting the Italian chicken and pasta thing

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Was that a chicken is going on an adventure on a pork chop?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

The loose translation is "The hot chick at the port"  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on January 02, 2018, 12:46:52 PM
Possibly this. Read the numbers on that baby and weep! Two Reeses cups, one pound total.

Those giant peanut butter cups weird me out. They make me feel so tiny.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

I was close.  Just being politically correct :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on January 02, 2018, 11:45:46 PM
Those giant peanut butter cups weird me out. They make me feel so tiny.

Lol, I tried to make one of those huge peanut butter cups in a pizza pan. FAIL!! Peanut butter cups are one of those things you just can't make yourself.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

davina61

Julia you haven't got the chemistry set for artificial "food". Defrosted a curry tonight
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

big kim

Pizza (with anchovies). It was delicious
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 03, 2018, 08:21:58 AM
Lol, I tried to make one of those huge peanut butter cups in a pizza pan. FAIL!! Peanut butter cups are one of those things you just can't make yourself.

My daughter makes a Reeses peanut butter cup knock off and is is sooooo goood. My sister who is a Reeses peanut butter cup connoisseur Say it is just as good. it's not in little cups but made in a square pan and cut into squares or bars. It is pretty easy to make. (I've watched her) She would make a batch and I would bring it home for my sister and I.

Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

natalie.ashlyne

•  

Allison S

I made a crab salad finally I was craving it for some reason maybe I need the protein! Now I want more lol but I'll probably keep it light with an instant noodles.. kimchi flavor! It's kinda spicy

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Roll

Mmmmmmmmmm, Subway Turkey sub on Italian Herb and Cheese. .......................... Powers still iffy here so didn't want to get started cooking even if has been stable for a few hours now. ;D
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

Don't worry, the Prez is sending bicycle generators :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

linda troung vu

All you girls talking about food makes me feel so hungry. 😆 lol haha maybe I'm doing  bangers and mash for dinner and some peas with gravy. ??
  •  

V M

One of my fav.s,  Chicken Provolone stuffed with blue cheese, onions and mushrooms and topped with a slice of pineapple on a bed of Quinoa and Orzo

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Last night I made a sauerkraut casserole. My dad loves it but my brother doesn't like sauerkraut so I made him tomato soup and grilled cheese with bacon sandwiches.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

p

I made spicy corn chowder for dinner.
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

davina61

Lamb and spinach from the freezer but used up some veg with it, mashed potatoes and suede , sprouts and it went together well. Keep some mash and sprouts to fry . 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Cassi

All this food talk and then the mention of lamb though I don't know what suede is, assuming it's gravy, got me thinking about my first time cooking lamb.

Prior to this adventure I had never tried lamb. Okay, so my 1st wife and I are at the store and they have a rack of lamb for sale.  I mentioned I had never eaten lamb so we get it.  A short time later my birthday comes around and I only had a half-day workday.  I get home and I think, wow we can have the lamb but I don't have a clue on how to cook it so I call my wife at work.  She says find a cookbook and I said okay.

Well, my grandmother had a number of cookbooks and just a note, no internet back then - stone age.  Anyway, I go thru her cookbooks about 20 of them and only find one lamb recipe and with my luck it was rack of lamb - exactly what we had purchased.

So I go and prep the lamb, turn the oven on, wait for it to heat at the right temp and decide to call the W to tell her what I've done.  She said okay,

I put the lamb in the oven and leave to go into the den and do something.  About 25 minutes later I hear a rustling noise and think it's the dogs playing outside - My nose was stuff up so I couldn't smell the lamb cooking.

I look outside thru the patio door and the dogs are sleeping in the driveway. I walk into the kitchen and whammy the oven looks like the building from the 70's movie "Towering Inferno".

I walk over to the gas valve and shut off the gas to the stove and the only thing I could use to put out the fire was baking soda which I did.

By this time the entire house was full of smoke and I ended up opening everything up and got fans blowing.

By the time the major smoke was out of the house I walked back to the kitchen and took the rack of lamb out of the oven and was going to feed it to the dogs.  But I decided that not cutting it up would result in a dog fight.

As I began cutting it up, I took notice that once you got past the charcoaled outside, that the insides were cook just right and ended up cutting it up to eat.

A short time later my wife arrived home from work and saw me and a neighbor sitting on the porch.  She asks what are you doing and I responded letting the house air out - the lamb and stove caught on fire.  She says did you follow
the recipe and I said yes and did it EXACTLY how I told you on the phone.

She says what pan did you use?  And I responded What pan, it was rack of lamb and I laid it on the rack.

Ended up having a cook birthday dinner and the insurance company replaced the oven.

Learn two things, one is that wives sometimes don't listen to what you're saying and secondly lamb is the most greasy food.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •