Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

Saturday is usually leftovers day  ;D  Leftover pizza followed by leftover biscuits and gravy with fries

"If it doesn't kill you it will make you stronger"
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on January 06, 2018, 10:44:10 PM
Saturday is usually leftovers day  ;D  Leftover pizza followed by leftover biscuits and gravy with fries

"If it doesn't kill you it will make you stronger"

I use to go by "What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger"  Kinda thing it's a flu shot thang nowadays :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Megan.

The Fish Finger Sandwich is the KING/QUEEN of sandwiches! I've never had a fish taco,  but it can't be far removed, so I'd be up for that [emoji5].

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

big kim

•  

MollyPants

I'm making sweet corn and chicken soup tonight x

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Roll

Quote from: Dena on January 06, 2018, 07:58:44 PM
Fish tacos are really quite good. They don't have a heavy taste and you can add lettuce and tomatoes without overpowering the taste. I know it sounds a bit strange but try it before you knock it. Remember that Mexico has several types of cuisines and they range from no spice to overpowering and include fishing villages with fish as the primary meat.

The big problem for me is that it's always Tilapia, the Chicken McNugget of fish. ;D

~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Julia1996

Last night I made shepards pie. It takes a while to make but it's really good when it's cold out.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 07, 2018, 08:00:26 AM
Last night I made shepards pie. It takes a while to make but it's really good when it's cold out.

Gosh darn it!  You didn't save me any!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

MollyPants

We have a roast chicken with lots of trimmings tonight :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Cali on January 07, 2018, 08:07:07 AM
Gosh darn it!  You didn't save me any!

With 3 guys who love shepards pie I was lucky I got any. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Roll on January 07, 2018, 07:48:00 AM
The big problem for me is that it's always Tilapia, the Chicken McNugget of fish. ;D

Stateside definitely, out in Mexico proper not so much from my experience.  At least in Baja it was lots of mahi mahi, snapper, and random whatever the heck the cook bought at the market on the way in to work.

I've made them with just about everything.  Cod and catfish are my go to fish for it, salmon is tricky since it's easy to overcook it into chalk.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

V M

I usually use one or two of these 4oz packets depending how many tacos I'm making, tend to like the Alaskan Pollock, Ocean Perch or Swai (Mostly because that's what they usually have at my local grocery) One of my favorites is the Mahi Mahi but they don't have it in stock at the store very often

You can also buy 1 and 2 Lb packages if you're feeding a family or group of people

I wish my local store carried more of the Simply Seafood products

Not sure if you can order them online or not
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on January 07, 2018, 02:19:01 PM
I usually use one or two of these 4oz packets depending how many tacos I'm making, tend to like the Alaskan Pollock, Ocean Perch or Swai (Mostly because that's what they usually have at my local grocery) One of my favorites is the Mahi Mahi but they don't have it in stock at the store very often

You can also buy 1 and 2 Lb packages if you're feeding a family or group of people

I wish my local store carried more of the Simply Seafood products

Not sure if you can order them online or not

I just realized I am going to get fat reading this thread!!!!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

davina61

Talking fish I did a South Indian fish curry , 2 pieces of Haddock and 2 of Salmon (1/3rd of  due to date so in the freezer). Green chillies and coconut milk make it a bit Thai style. Froze 2 meals for another day.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: davina61 on January 07, 2018, 04:13:07 PM
Talking fish I did a South Indian fish curry , 2 pieces of Haddock and 2 of Salmon (1/3rd of  due to date so in the freezer). Green chillies and coconut milk make it a bit Thai style. Froze 2 meals for another day.

Fish talk?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Maddie86

Grilled Cheese! I grated up some extra sharp cheddar and sprinkled on some parm and some jalapeno hot sauce and I sprinkled some garlic powder on the bread, it was really good! It's been a while since I made a grilled cheese, I'll have to do these more often!

•  

Cassi

I am making bacon wrapped pork loin pork chops and mashed pataters :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

p

I am going to make Matzo Ball Soup with some homemade chicken stock. This is quickly becoming my new favorite soup!
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Julia1996

I didn't cook last night. Much to my surprise my dad and Tyler said they were going to cook dinner for me for a change. With my dads cooking history and that abysmal stir-fry my brother made me with half raw vegetables and crunchy rice I wasn't holding out much hope for a good dinner.  It was actually good for what it was. It was elbow macaroni, pasta sauce, ground beef and cheese on the top. For those 2 it was a good job. The garlic bread was a little...nasty. I have a big jar of minced garlic in the fridge and Tyler spread it on pieces of bread and then put them under the broiler, no butter just garlic. The problem was he spread the garlic as thick as you would peanut butter. It was a little.....powerful. But the rest of the dinner was good.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •