Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p

Julia, I am surprised you let those two in the kitchen, especially after the meal your brother served you! It sounds like you were mostly rewarded for taking the risk, though. I am sure you will all be glad to return to your excellent cooking soon.
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Julia1996

It was a risk but they meant it to be sweet. My brother has no idea that stir fry he made me was so nasty. He was trying to be sweet and he made it because he knows I love stir-fry. I just couldn't hurt his feelings like that by telling him it was nasty.  I kind of hoped maybe Tristan was at least a little competent in the kitchen. But that hope was quickly dashed. Saturday I asked him if he wanted me to fix him lunch and he said no, he would just throw a frozen pizza in the oven and we could share that. A little later I smelled something burning and he had left the plastic wrapper on the pizza. I told him he had forgotten to take off the wrapper. He said he hadn't forgotten to take it off, he didn't think he was supposed to take it off. I asked him what he thought was going to happen when he put it in the hot oven. He said he thought it would cook in the wrapper like the microwave vegetables with the steam in bag!  I wish he had just lied and said he forgot. That someone can be 23 years old and not know how to make a frozen pizza is just tragic. It's even more sad when the directions on the box say Remove Wrapper! They put that on there so some ninny doesn't cook it with the wrapper on. Lol!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 09, 2018, 01:42:25 PM
It was a risk but they meant it to be sweet. My brother has no idea that stir fry he made me was so nasty. He was trying to be sweet and he made it because he knows I love stir-fry. I just couldn't hurt his feelings like that by telling him it was nasty.  I kind of hoped maybe Tristan was at least a little competent in the kitchen. But that hope was quickly dashed. Saturday I asked him if he wanted me to fix him lunch and he said no, he would just throw a frozen pizza in the oven and we could share that. A little later I smelled something burning and he had left the plastic wrapper on the pizza. I told him he had forgotten to take off the wrapper. He said he hadn't forgotten to take it off, he didn't think he was supposed to take it off. I asked him what he thought was going to happen when he put it in the hot oven. He said he thought it would cook in the wrapper like the microwave vegetables with the steam in bag!  I wish he had just lied and said he forgot. That someone can be 23 years old and not know how to make a frozen pizza is just tragic. It's even more sad when the directions on the box say Remove Wrapper! They put that on there so some ninny doesn't cook it with the wrapper on. Lol!

Blame it on Wrap Music :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

p

Oh Julia, it sounds like you'd better keep Tristan out of the kitchen!!!
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I'm out in Ohio all week for work and was just planning on going back to the hotel and having some miso soup with tofu (I pretty much only book hotels with kitchenettes because I'm sick of restaurants)

BUT WAIT!

It's taco Tuesday for the hotel social hour meal and there's free (to me, work pays for my room) tacos?
To taco or not to taco is a question not worth wasting breath on.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Cassi

Daughter and I had ham and mashed taters :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on January 09, 2018, 05:12:52 PM
I'm out in Ohio all week for work and was just planning on going back to the hotel and having some miso soup with tofu (I pretty much only book hotels with kitchenettes because I'm sick of restaurants)

BUT WAIT!

It's taco Tuesday for the hotel social hour meal and there's free (to me, work pays for my room) tacos?
To taco or not to taco is a question not worth wasting breath on.

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS. 2 orders of chicken soft tacos for me. Worth every calorie. I like to pour extra salsa on them too. You know... for health reasons.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on January 09, 2018, 06:39:02 PM
TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS. 2 orders of chicken soft tacos for me. Worth every calorie. I like to pour extra salsa on them too. You know... for health reasons.

Chicken tacos? Nasty! !!!  WHY????  Yuck,yuck,yuck!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Megan.

Subsisting on hotel food while away on my business trip, quesedilla in the bar tonight,  not bad.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Julia1996

Tonight I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy and broccoli with cheese sauce. I made 2 meatloafs actually because they love meatloaf sandwiches as much as the meatloaf dinner.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

BrandyHanley

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: BrandyHanley on January 09, 2018, 08:32:42 PM
Avocado Salad... ;D

I totally love avocados. I make avacodo hummus which is awesome. Yum.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

BrandyHanley

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 09, 2018, 08:39:46 PM
I totally love avocados. I make avacodo hummus which is awesome. Yum.
Hmmmm.  I live by avacodo's. Lost 22lbs, in 2 1/2 months. They quiet your Hungar, I have about 1full one a day, and no snacking. Except for veggies. No red meat, or pork either. Thought I'd never be able to do it but the fat is just falling off. Plus they taste so good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

•  

Roll

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 09, 2018, 07:26:21 PM
Chicken tacos? Nasty! !!!  WHY????  Yuck,yuck,yuck!

Because delicious! And super low calorie and healthy! (Seriously, even with cheese about 150 per.) Though has to be done with soft flour tortillas. Hard corn and chicken don't go together in my mind. Hard corn are the domain of beef alone.

Basic free form recipe...

Boil completely fat-trimmed chicken breasts until mostly no longer pink. Remove to bowl, and shred with forks. Place in pan with a bit of corn oil and sear it a bit. Add a high quality salsa (homemade best, though some jarred works too, whatever flavor you like) as well as some paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and whatever else you like to taste. It's totally free form. If you need to, add extra water if it's really thick salsa. Cook down the salsa. stirring constantly, until the chicken really absorbs those flavors. You can leave it a little saucy if it's your thing. Serve with some lime, finishing salt, and top with a good, real Mexican cheese and iceberg lettuce. Queso blanco, manchego, etc. Tends to be crumbly, but can shred fine. Lettuce should be bone dry and crispy, any moisture in the lettuce spells doom for the taco. Doom. It really all boils down to the salsa used though. Good salsa can makeup for bad chicken, good chicken can't make up for bad salsa.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

V M

All this taco talk has me thinking about making fish tacos tonight  ;D  Don't dare me, because I'll do it
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on January 09, 2018, 08:52:04 PM
Because delicious! And super low calorie and healthy! (Seriously, even with cheese about 150 per.) Though has to be done with soft flour tortillas. Hard corn and chicken don't go together in my mind. Hard corn are the domain of beef alone.

Basic free form recipe...

Boil completely fat-trimmed chicken breasts until mostly no longer pink. Remove to bowl, and shred with forks. Place in pan with a bit of corn oil and sear it a bit. Add a high quality salsa (homemade best, though some jarred works too, whatever flavor you like) as well as some paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and whatever else you like to taste. It's totally free form. If you need to, add extra water if it's really thick salsa. Cook down the salsa. stirring constantly, until the chicken really absorbs those flavors. You can leave it a little saucy if it's your thing. Serve with some lime, finishing salt, and top with a good, real Mexican cheese and iceberg lettuce. Queso blanco, manchego, etc. Tends to be crumbly, but can shred fine. Lettuce should be bone dry and crispy, any moisture in the lettuce spells doom for the taco. Doom. It really all boils down to the salsa used though. Good salsa can makeup for bad chicken, good chicken can't make up for bad salsa.

I'm sure your chicken tacos are good. I just really don't care for chicken. I will fry it or make stuffed chicken breasts but only because my dad and brother like it. I will not make chicken and yellow rice. To me it's vile.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: V M on January 09, 2018, 08:57:20 PM
All this taco talk has me thinking about making fish tacos tonight  ;D  Don't dare me, because I'll do it

I dare you!  >:-)
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 09, 2018, 09:01:47 PM
I just really don't care for chicken.

*Hannibal Lecter voice*  But the chicken cares for you Julia  >:-)  Ewwww!!!
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

V M

Realized I didn't have all the ingredients for fish tacos so I ended up going to the Subway and getting a "Spicy Italian" sandwich and made some fries to go with it

- V M
  •