Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MollyPants

Quote from: Cali on January 18, 2018, 12:45:45 PM
Add a little Cheese and they're the bomb.
That sounds like a great idea. I'm almost tempted to make another one now!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Cali on January 18, 2018, 12:38:37 PM
Geez Meghan!
It's OK... There was bacon on top [emoji16]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: MollyPants on January 18, 2018, 12:59:41 PM
They're quite different! Almost like sausage rolls.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5822/toad-in-the-hole-in-4-easy-steps%3famp

Oh, I see they're not completely wrapped in the batter.  Looks good. 
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Is the batter like... a pie crust consistency? Doughy?
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

davina61

should be spongy (well that's how I like it) to soak up gravy not like a puffed up Yorkshire pudding.Cook mine in lard , sausage first then pour batter into hot dish. Just read back in this thread , Home made naan yes easy , best ones I have made do not have yeast, parathas are nice as well.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: davina61 on January 18, 2018, 04:21:42 PM
should be spongy (well that's how I like it) to soak up gravy not like a puffed up Yorkshire pudding.

You all across the pond just don't know how to label your fix'ns :)

Who in the heck wants a puddy made out of a dawg?

BTW - Just joking - weird sense and humor
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

davina61

a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: MollyPants on January 18, 2018, 12:59:41 PM
They're quite different! Almost like sausage rolls.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5822/toad-in-the-hole-in-4-easy-steps%3famp

Oh wow, that is everything I hoped it could be.  I am definitely making it this weekend.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

V M

Mmmm, haven't made Toad in the hole for quite awhile  :eusa_think:  I'll have to pick up a package of bangers and give it whirl

But tonight I'm pretty sure I hear a Lasagna calling to me  :icon_chick:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Maddie86

I didn't make these, but I can in the future because I got the recipe tonight :)

They're crostinis with ricotta, strawberries, basil, and a honey drizzle. My favorite local bar has them but the bar is changing after this weekend, they're on the 3rd floor of a building and I guess from now on this room is only going to be used to private events. They're opening a speakeasy on the first floor though and from the pictures I've seen it's absolutely going to be the coolest bar in town! Unfortunately, these crostinis aren't going to be on the new menu! They were my favorite item!

•  

V M

Quote from: Maddie86 on January 18, 2018, 08:08:00 PM
I didn't make these, but I can in the future because I got the recipe tonight :)

They're crostinis with ricotta, strawberries, basil, and a honey drizzle.

Mmmm those do look good  :icon_chick:  What sort of bread is used for a crostini?
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Maddie86 on January 18, 2018, 08:08:00 PM

They're crostinis with ricotta, strawberries, basil, and a honey drizzle.

Intriguing combination!  I may just have to reverse-engineer this one.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

V M

I looked it up and like most things it has a variety of variations, you basically start with a baguette and build upon it from there  ;D

- V M
  •  

V M

I didn't have quite enough ingredients for a lasagna so I made a rice n' quinoa plater with diced pork chop and an assortment of veggies  ;D  Came out pretty good 

- V M
  •  

Allison S

I had fried (I know it's bad) fish and onion rings. Tartar sauce and honey mustard make it so good lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

V M

Quote from: Allison S on January 19, 2018, 02:09:26 AM
I had fried (I know it's bad) fish and onion rings. Tartar sauce and honey mustard make it so good lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sounds pretty good actually  ;D

- V M
  •  

V M

I finally made a lasagna  ;D  Oh my, but I do make a darn good lasagna

- V M
  •