Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

Quote from: V M on January 21, 2018, 03:06:37 AM
I finally made a lasagna  ;D  Oh my, but I do make a darn good lasagna

Sausage Lasagna?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Last night I made chicken breasts stuffed with blue cheese and wrapped in bacon, twice baked potatoes and green beans with mushrooms.  For dessert I made banana pudding.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I am thinking of having stuffed bell peppers or better yet, cabbage rolls in a tomato sauce.
These could be found in the frozen food case from most large grocery stores, although I have seen the stuffed peppers more often in the stores than cabbage rolls.  Maybe cabbage does not freeze as well as peppers.  Peppers do freeze well.

If you have had good tasting results from following a recipe for these, please share. 
I think for the stuffing it involves a mixture of ground beef, onions, and rice, stuffed in big bell peppers or wrapped in cabbage leaves, then all of this is slowly stewed in a tomato based sauce for hours.

Then again, a good juicy steak sounds good too, with salad and a baked potato.  Perhaps tacos or fajitas. 

Hmmm...  it is all good!

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 21, 2018, 11:07:54 AM
I am thinking of having stuffed bell peppers or better yet, cabbage rolls in a tomato sauce.
These could be found in the frozen food case from most large grocery stores, although I have seen the stuffed peppers more often in the stores than cabbage rolls.  Maybe cabbage does not freeze as well as peppers.  Peppers do freeze well.

If you have had good tasting results from following a recipe for these, please share. 
I think for the stuffing it involves a mixture of ground beef, onions, and rice, stuffed in big bell peppers or wrapped in cabbage leaves, then all of this is slowly stewed in a tomato based sauce for hours.

Then again, a good juicy steak sounds good too, with salad and a baked potato.  Perhaps tacos or fajitas. 

Hmmm...  it is all good!

When I make stuffed peppers I use ground beef and mild Italian sausage. I make the stuffing with the meats, onion, garlic, tomato paste and rice. I put them in the slow cooker and let them cook all day. Right before serving them I top them with shredded cheese and broil them until the cheese melts.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

I call Julia my decision maker LOL - When I have trouble deciding what's for dinner I look at one of her posts

Banana pudding is nasty though  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on January 21, 2018, 02:21:06 PM
I call Julia my decision maker LOL - When I have trouble deciding what's for dinner I look at one of her posts

Banana pudding is nasty though  :P

Ranks right up there with cransberries fer me :)

Good afternoon Computer Program VM!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 21, 2018, 08:38:38 AM
Last night I made chicken breasts stuffed with blue cheese and wrapped in bacon, twice baked potatoes and green beans with mushrooms.  For dessert I made banana pudding.

Alright, who's in favor of kidnapping Julia to be our chef???????
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Thea

I've been cleaning house all day and am just too tired to cook. I have a store bought cherry pie and I'm going to eat it all tonight! Hey, I'm a grown-up and if I want pie for dinner, I'll have pie for dinner.  >:-) (Just don't tell my mom, O.K.?)
Veteran, U.S. Army

First awareness of my true nature 1971
Quit alcohol & pot 10/22/14
First acceptance of my true nature 10/2015
Started electrolysis 9/12/17
Begun Gender Therapy 7/06/18
Begun HRT 8/01/18
Quit tobacco 11/23/18

•  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Devlyn

Breakfast sausage sandwiches with cheese on toast. I can feel my heart slowing down.  :laugh:
  •  

Kylo

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Cassi

Hey, I thought we all were going to have Julia cook for us??????

Open up the Susan's Place B 'n G.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Cali on January 21, 2018, 07:04:54 PM
Hey, I thought we all were going to have Julia cook for us??????

Open up the Susan's Place B 'n G.

If Susan opens a B n G. I will be happy to cook for everyone.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 21, 2018, 11:28:00 AM
When I make stuffed peppers I use ground beef and mild Italian sausage. I make the stuffing with the meats, onion, garlic, tomato paste and rice. I put them in the slow cooker and let them cook all day. Right before serving them I top them with shredded cheese and broil them until the cheese melts.

Thank you Julia.  This sounds worthy of a try!  Never had them broiled or with cheese, just slow cooked.  I will try both the stuffed peppers and cabbage rolls, in the same cooker as they can cook together. 

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

V M

Fish tacos and potato wedges  ;D  YUM!!!

- V M
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

davina61

bought a ready cooked chicken so did a Jelfrieze , its cooked chicken with bell peppers and broad beans (fava) but just shook the red wine vinegar in and was a bit to much but still OK. Will do chicken in black bean sauce with noodles tomorrow , carcase will be boiled for stock and a stew made in slow cooker later in the week. 5 or6 meals out of this chuck not bad for £4 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 21, 2018, 07:20:11 PM
If Susan opens a B n G. I will be happy to cook for everyone.

Okay, everyone's read your volunteering!  Where have you been all day?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

sarah1972

•  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •