Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MollyPants

Quote from: Cassi on January 24, 2018, 12:17:15 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa - I want some!
Fingers crossed it comes out ok!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Cassi

Quote from: MollyPants on January 24, 2018, 12:34:42 PM
Fingers crossed it comes out ok!

Somewhere on one of these threads I gave my recipe for rack of lamb.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

MollyPants

Quote from: Cassi on January 24, 2018, 01:20:09 PM
Somewhere on one of these threads I gave my recipe for rack of lamb.
That's one of my favourites! Last time I tried I absolutely ruined it :( you must share it!

Ps loving the new profile pic!

•  

Cassi

Quote from: MollyPants on January 24, 2018, 01:53:42 PM
That's one of my favourites! Last time I tried I absolutely ruined it :( you must share it!

I'll see if I can find it.  It's kinda of an expensive recipe though.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: MollyPants on January 24, 2018, 01:53:42 PM

All this food talk and then the mention of lamb though I don't know what suede is, assuming it's gravy, got me thinking about my first time cooking lamb.

Prior to this adventure I had never tried lamb. Okay, so my 1st wife and I are at the store and they have a rack of lamb for sale.  I mentioned I had never eaten lamb so we get it.  A short time later my birthday comes around and I only had a half-day workday.  I get home and I think, wow we can have the lamb but I don't have a clue on how to cook it so I call my wife at work.  She says find a cookbook and I said okay.

Well, my grandmother had a number of cookbooks and just a note, no internet back then - stone age.  Anyway, I go thru her cookbooks about 20 of them and only find one lamb recipe and with my luck it was rack of lamb - exactly what we had purchased.

So I go and prep the lamb, turn the oven on, wait for it to heat at the right temp and decide to call the W to tell her what I've done.  She said okay,

I put the lamb in the oven and leave to go into the den and do something.  About 25 minutes later I hear a rustling noise and think it's the dogs playing outside - My nose was stuff up so I couldn't smell the lamb cooking.

I look outside thru the patio door and the dogs are sleeping in the driveway. I walk into the kitchen and whammy the oven looks like the building from the 70's movie "Towering Inferno".

I walk over to the gas valve and shut off the gas to the stove and the only thing I could use to put out the fire was baking soda which I did.

By this time the entire house was full of smoke and I ended up opening everything up and got fans blowing.

By the time the major smoke was out of the house I walked back to the kitchen and took the rack of lamb out of the oven and was going to feed it to the dogs.  But I decided that not cutting it up would result in a dog fight.

As I began cutting it up, I took notice that once you got past the charcoaled outside, that the insides were cook just right and ended up cutting it up to eat.

A short time later my wife arrived home from work and saw me and a neighbor sitting on the porch.  She asks what are you doing and I responded letting the house air out - the lamb and stove caught on fire.  She says did you follow
the recipe and I said yes and did it EXACTLY how I told you on the phone.

She says what pan did you use?  And I responded What pan, it was rack of lamb and I laid it on the rack.

Ended up having a cook birthday dinner and the insurance company replaced the oven.

Learn two things, one is that wives sometimes don't listen to what you're saying and secondly lamb is the most greasy food.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

A baked potato with cheese, bacon bits, sour cream, butter, a dash of spices, broccoli, and mushrooms.  Then later, some warm apple pie with a scoop of ice cream with chocolate syrup drizzle.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

MollyPants

Quote from: Cassi on January 24, 2018, 02:03:18 PM
All this food talk and then the mention of lamb though I don't know what suede is, assuming it's gravy, got me thinking about my first time cooking lamb.

Prior to this adventure I had never tried lamb. Okay, so my 1st wife and I are at the store and they have a rack of lamb for sale.  I mentioned I had never eaten lamb so we get it.  A short time later my birthday comes around and I only had a half-day workday.  I get home and I think, wow we can have the lamb but I don't have a clue on how to cook it so I call my wife at work.  She says find a cookbook and I said okay.

Well, my grandmother had a number of cookbooks and just a note, no internet back then - stone age.  Anyway, I go thru her cookbooks about 20 of them and only find one lamb recipe and with my luck it was rack of lamb - exactly what we had purchased.

So I go and prep the lamb, turn the oven on, wait for it to heat at the right temp and decide to call the W to tell her what I've done.  She said okay,

I put the lamb in the oven and leave to go into the den and do something.  About 25 minutes later I hear a rustling noise and think it's the dogs playing outside - My nose was stuff up so I couldn't smell the lamb cooking.

I look outside thru the patio door and the dogs are sleeping in the driveway. I walk into the kitchen and whammy the oven looks like the building from the 70's movie "Towering Inferno".

I walk over to the gas valve and shut off the gas to the stove and the only thing I could use to put out the fire was baking soda which I did.

By this time the entire house was full of smoke and I ended up opening everything up and got fans blowing.

By the time the major smoke was out of the house I walked back to the kitchen and took the rack of lamb out of the oven and was going to feed it to the dogs.  But I decided that not cutting it up would result in a dog fight.

As I began cutting it up, I took notice that once you got past the charcoaled outside, that the insides were cook just right and ended up cutting it up to eat.

A short time later my wife arrived home from work and saw me and a neighbor sitting on the porch.  She asks what are you doing and I responded letting the house air out - the lamb and stove caught on fire.  She says did you follow
the recipe and I said yes and did it EXACTLY how I told you on the phone.

She says what pan did you use?  And I responded What pan, it was rack of lamb and I laid it on the rack.

Ended up having a cook birthday dinner and the insurance company replaced the oven.

Learn two things, one is that wives sometimes don't listen to what you're saying and secondly lamb is the most greasy food.
Oh wow! That's a bit scary!

•  

Cassi

Quote from: MollyPants on January 25, 2018, 12:53:18 AM
Oh wow! That's a bit scary!

Great recipe but expensive having to replace oven.  The lamb was great!  I have learned to cook better and haven't replaced an oven since :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

davina61

Slooooooow cooker chicken casserole, used stock from the cooked chicken with a chuck stock cube , potatoes  , parsnip, carrot, sweet potato and 2 breasts (run out of thighs) then as I was at home put in gravy granules and 1hr before finish some dumplings . have enough to reheat Sat and make a soup as well. Fish and chips tomorrow. Also  made veg samosas , mostly mash spuds for filling with fine chopped green chili , garlic, ginger, crushed dried red chilli, mustard and onion seeds so have a kick. Got the hang of pastry now but find it hard to roll out in a circle, faulty rolling pin???  Made daughter a birthday cake, Victoria sponge with plum jam and butter icing filling and covered it with roll out icing left over from Christmas cake.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Roll

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS. Slow cooked for 8 hours in onions, lime, coke, and some mexican beer i found in the fridge i hope isnt super old, over some onions. then going to fry the shredded pork to a crisp in a pan and serve with kosher salt, more lime, and shredded queso blanco.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

natalie.ashlyne

Subway club with everything  on it sub sauce mayo and South West sauce
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on January 25, 2018, 06:54:45 PM
Subway club with everything  on it sub sauce mayo and South West sauce

Personally, I'm a big fan of Subway's Pastrami sandwiches; with lettice, lots of olives, pepper jackie cheese and extra mayo, toasted :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Shrimp, chicken, and vegetable lo mein with rice.  It was very good, I did not make it.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

V M

Lamb chop with sauteed mushrooms and onion, green beans with mushroom slices and chopped onions and cheesy garlic mash with gravy over everything
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on January 26, 2018, 07:30:39 AM
Lamb chop with sauteed mushrooms and onion, green beans with mushroom slices and chopped onions and cheesy garlic mash with gravy over everything

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Cassi on January 25, 2018, 06:58:30 PM
Personally, I'm a big fan of Subway's Pastrami sandwiches; with lettice, lots of olives, pepper jackie cheese and extra mayo, toasted :)

I think it's Subway for dinner for me. My choice, either: Spicy Italian with Spinach, Onions, Bell Pepper, Southwest Chipotle --or-- Turkey with pepper jack, spinach, onions, pickles, dijon mustard (or if they have any left, cranberry mustard, sometimes they break out the bottle from the back for me). Always, always!, on italian herb and cheese bread. Toasted, of course.

Pro tip: Get steak and provolone, have them put on onions and bell peppers before toasting, makeshift philly cheese.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

MollyPants

Quote from: Roll on January 26, 2018, 09:24:22 AM
I think it's Subway for dinner for me. My choice, either: Spicy Italian with Spinach, Onions, Bell Pepper, Southwest Chipotle --or-- Turkey with pepper jack, spinach, onions, pickles, dijon mustard (or if they have any left, cranberry mustard, sometimes they break out the bottle from the back for me). Always, always!, on italian herb and cheese bread. Toasted, of course.

Pro tip: Get steak and provolone, have them put on onions and bell peppers before toasting, makeshift philly cheese.
That's sounds nice but I don't think I can have a subway that isn't meatball marinara... I mean that's what it's all about right!?!

•  

Cassi

Quote from: MollyPants on January 26, 2018, 12:16:10 PM
That's sounds nice but I don't think I can have a subway that isn't meatball marinara... I mean that's what it's all about right!?!

Nooooo.  It's meatball mayonao :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

p

Oh my goodness, everyone is eating well these days! Davina, what recipe do you use for the samosa pastry? It makes me nervous to try but you have inspired me. Ellie, your recipe for slow cooker carnitas sounds so good! Also going to have to try that.

Yesterday I made southwest tofu scramble with veggies and rice.
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •