Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on February 03, 2018, 11:19:55 AM
Yes, it is all wrapped up in the tortilla

Ah, and I forgot to mention I put plenty of cheese in it as well

What kind of cheese do you usually use for them?
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 03, 2018, 12:09:18 PM

I bet that she uses the "Mexican blend" :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Cassi on February 03, 2018, 12:11:40 PM

Don't knock the mexican blend, it's delicious even if not authentic! :D (Nothing compares to manchego or oaxaca though.)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Roll on February 03, 2018, 12:57:24 PM
Don't knock the mexican blend, it's delicious even if not authentic! :D (Nothing compares to manchego or oaxaca though.)

LOL, I wasn't knocking it Ellie, in fact there's a one pound bag of it in the frig that my daughter uses on everything.  I like pepper check and was going to try crumbled blue cheese but it's expensive..........................
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 03, 2018, 12:09:18 PM
Quote from: Cassi on February 03, 2018, 12:11:40 PM

LOL... Whatever I have on hand which is usually cheddar & Monterey Jack and/or six cheese Italian mix  ;D

What I usually do is first is make my salsa and chill it in the fridge, then wash and peel a potato and put it in a cold water bath to release the residual potassium

Rinse the potato slices in a colander then set them to dry on a paper towel and cover with another paper toewel

Then put some black beans to heat on the stovetop and add sliced mushroom, then I cook some bacon and wrap it in a paper towel, I then grill my steak (Most folks like to use marinated carne asada but I prefer to use small eye of round steak seasoned with a chipotle and roasted garlic rub)

I dice up the grilled steak and crumble the bacon and add them to the simmering bean and mushroom mix and add some pepper

Now it's time to put the French fries in the deep fryer ;D  So now I lay out two flour tortillas on a plate so one partially overlaps the other and sprinkle some cheese and check to see if the fries are ready yet

When the fries are ready I roll them in a paper towel to soak up the excess grease then place some of them on the layer of cheese, then spoon the bean, bacon, steak and mushroom mix on top and add some more cheese

Now comes the salsa, sour cream and avocado if they are in season

Wrap that all up and put the rest of the fries on the plate then grub like a bad dog LOL  ;D

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: V M on February 03, 2018, 10:50:40 AM
It was great!!!  ;D  There are several variations but a California burrito is basically diced steak with French fries, beans, salsa and sour cream and/or avocado
Seems that restaurants put avocado in or on something and call it California _____

I like fries but don't think I need to wrap them in a tortilla

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

V M

Quote from: TonyaW on February 03, 2018, 03:47:14 PM
Seems that restaurants put avocado in or on something and call it California _____

I like fries but don't think I need to wrap them in a tortilla

Being raised there most of the food I make will have a Southern California and/or Hawaiian theme to it  ;D 

You can take the girl off the beach but you can't take the beach out of the girl

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Faith

to sum up my take on 'peas' .. eat raw off the vine. I ate pretty much everything we grew in our garden raw, once cooked .. blech ..

Dinner: Baked (read microwave) Potato and broccoli. I live large ...
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

ChrissyRyan

VM,

Hawaiian sounds good.  I have enjoyed some Hawaiian style garlic shrimp, luau food, etc.

However, poi does not seem to have much flavor for me.  Taro chips are better than poi.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Roll

Pic of the philly cheese from last night. Hoisin marinated london broil, thin sliced and seared in cast iron, deglazed with some white wine (trying to use up a bottle). Bellpeppers and onions sauteed. Topped with provolone, kosher salt, and hot sauce, then placed under the broiler for a few minutes.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Nothing special to eat tonight, just some chicken and apple sausage.

Some pieces of chocolate and milk for a snack too.   :)

Chrissy

•  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 03, 2018, 08:16:26 PM
Nothing special to eat tonight, just some chicken and apple sausage.

Some pieces of chocolate and milk for a snack too.   :)

Chrissy

Apple sausage?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

Thinking about making spag and meatballs, all I need is enough energy to stay awake

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on February 03, 2018, 09:34:09 PM
Thinking about making spag and meatballs, all I need is enough energy to stay awake

Wait a couple of hours and it will be breakfast time :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on February 03, 2018, 04:32:45 PM
Being raised there most of the food I make will have a Southern California and/or Hawaiian theme to it  ;D 

You can take the girl off the beach but you can't take the beach out of the girl

Hugs

Surf's up at Del Mar:)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Roll on February 03, 2018, 06:10:33 PM

Pic of the philly cheese from last night. Hoisin marinated london broil, thin sliced and seared in cast iron, deglazed with some white wine (trying to use up a bottle). Bellpeppers and onions sauteed. Topped with provolone, kosher salt, and hot sauce, then placed under the broiler for a few minutes.

Looks good except there's no Mayo :(
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Cassi on February 03, 2018, 09:43:20 PM

Nothing I cook will ever have mayo unless its Japanese mayo. ;D
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

ChrissyRyan

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Cassi on February 03, 2018, 09:43:20 PM
That's what makes it look good. 

I know this may be fighting words to some, but mayo is is just wrong. 

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: TonyaW on February 04, 2018, 06:57:58 AM
That's what makes it look good. 

I know this may be fighting words to some, but mayo is is just wrong. 

Lol my brother will eat mayo but only if it has mustard mixed into it. I love mayo. Know what's just wrong is miracle whip. Ewwww. 😖😵
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •