News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 10, 2018, 07:19:18 AM

Undercooked pizza can taste horrible and can be a health hazard.

There are people who like the crust to not be completely cooked, leaving it very light colored, soft, and almost soggy.  Not good at all!

Chupacabra and goat cheese pizza pleez :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Cassi on February 10, 2018, 08:12:13 AM
Chupacabra and goat cheese pizza pleez :)
Goat Sucker and goat cheese?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: V M on February 09, 2018, 09:40:56 PM
I can no longer say anything about anyone's "Guys can't cook" gripes, I went over to a guy friend's place for "Half Baked Pizza"

Not only was the crust doughy but the other ingredients weren't fully cooked either

This of coarse aggravated my already unhappy belly and gave me the >-bleeped-<:P

That sounds awful. LOL. Tristan once left the plastic wrapper on a frozen pizza when he put it in the oven. He thought it was a cook in wrapper like the vegetables in the steam in bag for the microwave. I have to remember to check his hair for blonde roots.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

MollyPants

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 10, 2018, 09:16:03 AM
That sounds awful. LOL. Tristan once left the plastic wrapper on a frozen pizza when he put it in the oven. He thought it was a cook in wrapper like the vegetables in the steam in bag for the microwave. I have to remember to check his hair for blonde roots.
Lol! That sounds like such awful surprise on a pizza. I think I've been spoiled as most of the men I have lived with are quite good cooks. Now if only they could clean up...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 10, 2018, 09:16:03 AM

That sounds like a very dorky thing to have done with a frozen pizza.   :)
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 10, 2018, 09:28:49 AM

Between Tristan and Tyler I've learned to expect any kind of meal disaster. Tyler once boiled a pot of angel hair pasta to the point of disintegration waiting for it to absord the water like rice does. Sigh......hopeless.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 10, 2018, 09:28:49 AM

Yes it was. It makes me wonder if they have frozen pizza in Australia. Maybe its just frozen kangaroo and vegimite pot pies or Emu TV dinners. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 10, 2018, 10:04:44 AM
Yes it was. It makes me wonder if they have frozen pizza in Australia. Maybe its just frozen kangaroo and vegimite pot pies or Emu TV dinners. Lol

It's all served upside down. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Julia1996

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Not sure what is on tap for dinner, I still have this five pound weight gain to deal with that appeared from the food fairy from last weekend to today.  If you eat more than you burn off, you put on weight, simple as that.  I am though enjoying this delicious coffee.

Maybe I will steam up a lot of asparagus later.  I think that veggies may be the way to go.
I put on a T-shirt this morning and it is tighter so maybe I will go to market and buy some cauliflower and broccoli.  I do not like either raw, but I love both soft.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 10, 2018, 10:01:59 AM
Between Tristan and Tyler I've learned to expect any kind of meal disaster. Tyler once boiled a pot of angel hair pasta to the point of disintegration waiting for it to absord the water like rice does. Sigh......hopeless.
You're an obvious exception Julia, but I think it's not a guy thing but a younger generation thing.  Growing up with microwaves it's so easy to get something mostly edible quick and hot.

My daughter's (age 30 and 32) can barely boil water.  Microwave or regular oven they can handle, but not a stove. 

When they still lived with us full time, I did more than half the cooking.  My wife's not a bad cook, but I'm more adventurous in the kitchen and I think I like cooking more than she does.

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: TonyaW on February 10, 2018, 10:52:07 AM
You're an obvious exception Julia, but I think it's not a guy thing but a younger generation thing.  Growing up with microwaves it's so easy to get something mostly edible quick and hot.

My daughter's (age 30 and 32) can barely boil water.  Microwave or regular oven they can handle, but not a stove. 

When they still lived with us full time, I did more than half the cooking.  My wife's not a bad cook, but I'm more adventurous in the kitchen and I think I like cooking more than she does.

I have never liked food cooked in a microwave. It doesn't matter how powerful or expensive a microwave is, it still cooks things unevenly. And it ruins some things completely.  Eggs come out rubbery, hot dogs come out with crispy exploded ends and potatoes come out more like dehydrated potatoes rather than baked and heating pizza leftovers causes the pizza to come out like a limp dishrag. I reheat pizza in a toaster oven. The crust stays crispy. Other than warming coffee and reheating leftovers I don't use the microwave for anything. I also really don't like prepackaged stuff that's made for a microwave.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 10, 2018, 11:39:54 AM
I have never liked food cooked in a microwave. It doesn't matter how powerful or expensive a microwave is, it still cooks things unevenly. And it ruins some things completely.  Eggs come out rubbery, hot dogs come out with crispy exploded ends and potatoes come out more like dehydrated potatoes rather than baked and heating pizza leftovers causes the pizza to come out like a limp dishrag. I reheat pizza in a toaster oven. The crust stays crispy. Other than warming coffee and reheating leftovers I don't use the microwave for anything. I also really don't like prepackaged stuff that's made for a microwave.

Julia,

Have you tried cooking in a microwave that is designed with a rotating glass plate at the inside bottom of the oven?

Chrissy
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 10, 2018, 12:11:38 PM

Julia,

Have you tried cooking in a microwave that is designed with a rotating glass plate at the inside bottom of the oven?

Chrissy

Yes. Our microwave has the built in carousel.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Julia,

I have been happy with the bagged popcorn made in the microwave.

The microwave warms liquids well.

Reheating pizza is iffy.  I think it depends on the type of pizza and its crust style.

Chrissy
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 10, 2018, 12:30:54 PM
Julia,

I have been happy with the bagged popcorn made in the microwave.

The microwave warms liquids well.

Reheating pizza is iffy.  I think it depends on the type of pizza and its crust style.

Chrissy

The bagged popcorn is ok. That's one think my brother can make ok. But if I want popcorn I make it with an air popper. The microwave popcorn is always soaked with that nasty butter flavored oil that has a lot of calories. I don't use butter in my popcorn. Just salt and spices.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 10, 2018, 12:35:25 PM
The bagged popcorn is ok. That's one think my brother can make ok. But if I want popcorn I make it with an air popper. The microwave popcorn is always soaked with that nasty butter flavored oil that has a lot of calories. I don't use butter in my popcorn. Just salt and spices.

Does he respond to you well whenever you try to teach him how to cook?

Air poppers are good. 

I like dehydrated fruit.  Apple rings are great.

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 10, 2018, 12:50:17 PM

Does he respond to you well whenever you try to teach him how to cook?

Air poppers are good. 

I like dehydrated fruit.  Apple rings are great.

Well he does listen to me which surprises me because since he's older and a guy he thinks he's smarter than me. His problem is that he doesn't cook much at all so he forgets what I've taught him.

I love my food dehydrator. I make dried fruit, kale chips, spinach chips, beat chips, etc.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

TonyaW

Lots of things don't work well in a microwave, reheated pizza and left over fries are the two biggest disappointments.

It is possible to make decent poached eggs though. Very  small egg sized bowl, spray with cooking spray (Pam or whatever) add the egg and nuke 30 to 35 seconds depending on the wattage over your microwave and how runny you like the yolk.  I only make them this way when making a breakfast sandwich.

Having to eat supper at work 3 or 4 nights a week I've learned a lot about what wirks in a microwave.

•  

Roll

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 10, 2018, 12:35:25 PMI don't use butter in my popcorn. Just salt and spices.

I know I've mentioned it somewhere on these forums before, but... FLAVOCOL! Seriously, makes popcorn amazing. No calories. Just pure sodium. Probably MSG.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•