News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on February 10, 2018, 02:24:13 PM
I know I've mentioned it somewhere on these forums before, but... FLAVOCOL! Seriously, makes popcorn amazing. No calories. Just pure sodium. Probably MSG.

I've never heard of FLAVOCOL before. But I do use accent for a lot of the food I cook. Accent is just MSG.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

I know I've mentioned it somewhere on these forums before, but... FLAVOCOL! Seriously, makes popcorn amazing. No calories. Just pure sodium. Probably MSG.

Ha ha ha!  You didn't get my goat this time, lol.  I bought popcorn while at the store earlier today :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 10, 2018, 02:45:23 PM
I've never heard of FLAVOCOL before. But I do use accent for a lot of the food I cook. Accent is just MSG.

Good to see you're somewhat back to normal :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Ellie,

I have not used FLAVOCOL.  However I have used the ORIGINAL variety of the SPIKE seasoning by the Gaylord Hauser company.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

V M

I go old school with the popcorn 3 tbsp oil, 1/3 cup popcorn kernels heated in a pan on the stovetop, add some melted butter ... Walla!!! Popcorn  ;D  I like to sprinkle in some powdered parmesan cheese on mine as well
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on February 10, 2018, 03:54:06 PM
I go old school with the popcorn 3 tbsp oil, 1/3 cup popcorn kernels heated in a pan on the stovetop, add some melted butter ... Walla!!! Popcorn  ;D  I like to sprinkle in some powdered parmesan cheese on mine as well

Well, if you were really really cool, you'd use bacon grease instead of oil!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Cassi on February 10, 2018, 03:55:50 PM
Well, if you were really really cool, you'd use bacon grease instead of oil!!!!!

I've popped popcorn in bacon grease before. It was really good. I've also used bacon grease to fry French fries. Very good, I use bacon grease for so many things I wish the store had cans of it like they do Cisco.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 10, 2018, 03:59:12 PM
I've popped popcorn in bacon grease before. It was really good. I've also used bacon grease to fry French fries. Very good, I use bacon grease for so many things I wish the store had cans of it like they do Cisco.

I do it too, especially the fries.  My daughter loves them!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

Quote from: Cassi on February 10, 2018, 03:55:50 PM

*Sigh*

I guess I'm just not cool

*Shrugs and walks away from the "Cool Kid's table"
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on February 10, 2018, 04:16:11 PM
*Sigh*

Aha!  No, you're not reallly really cool, but singularly cool :)  Get back to the singularity cool kids table :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Cassi on February 10, 2018, 04:01:28 PM
I do it too, especially the fries.  My daughter loves them!

So does my brother.  He won't eat frozen French fries anymore. He finds mine much better. I do make good French fries but the bacon grease is what really does it. You could fry an old shoe in bacon grease and it would taste good. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: V M on February 10, 2018, 04:16:11 PM
*Sigh*

You're still cool enough to sit with us.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

What is better than bacon grease?  Bacon!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 10, 2018, 03:59:12 PM
They do sell it in the store all the time. It's called Lard and it's used to fry many foods including mexican food and even sometimes used in pie crust. It's considered pretty unhealthy and while it lacks smoky flavor, it should have all the other features of bacon grease.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

I don't know what I am having for supper I am bored of food I want something and don't know what I want so I was checking for ideas
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 10, 2018, 04:30:21 PM
What is better than bacon grease?  Bacon!

Chrissy

Well of course. Who doesn't like bacon?  When I cook bacon I have to put it out of site if I don't want it all eaten before I finish cooking whatever else I'm making. But I've learned to leave a decoy plate out with a few slices on it. If Tyler and Tristan smell bacon and don't see any on a plate they will start looking for it.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Dena on February 10, 2018, 04:31:13 PM
They do sell it in the store all the time. It's called Lard and it's used to fry many foods including mexican food and even sometimes used in pie crust. It's considered pretty unhealthy and while it lacks smoky flavor, it should have all the other features of bacon grease.

Lard?? I've never heard of it. But I will look for it now that you mentioned it.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 10, 2018, 04:36:40 PM

Well of course. Who doesn't like bacon?  When I cook bacon I have to put it out of site if I don't want it all eaten before I finish cooking whatever else I'm making. But I've learned to leave a decoy plate out with a few slices on it. If Tyler and Tristan smell bacon and don't see any on a plate they will start looking for it.

Juila,

That is very smart of you to do that.

Chrissy
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on February 10, 2018, 04:34:08 PM
I don't know what I am having for supper I am bored of food I want something and don't know what I want so I was checking for ideas

Try making something you've never made before.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •