Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Cherry ice cream?  Mint chocolate chunk ice cream?   Oreo Vanilla ice cream?   Fudge in ice cream?

Tough to choose from.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 10, 2018, 06:50:34 PM
Cherry ice cream?  Mint chocolate chunk ice cream?   Oreo Vanilla ice cream?   Fudge in ice cream?

Tough to choose from.

"Death By Chocolate"!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

Dark Chocolate Bacon Grease Swirl Ice Cream  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on February 10, 2018, 07:30:57 PM
Bacon Grease Swirl Ice Cream  ;D

Now that is a new one on me.  I have heard of bacon scented candles though!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Roll

Made Chicago style cast iron deep dish pizza. I prefer thin crust, but I wanted to experiment with my cast iron. I still prefer thin crust, but this was really good. First pizza was: layer of cheese, mushrooms, bell peppers, sauce, more cheeses tossed with spinach, topped with pepperoni. Second pizza was: layer of cheese, mushrooms, spinach, sauce, cheese with more spinach, topped with roasted tomato slices.

My next experiment: Foigasse a la Foix. Looks amazing.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Roll on February 10, 2018, 08:18:25 PM
Made Chicago style cast iron deep dish pizza. I prefer thin crust, but I wanted to experiment with my cast iron. I still prefer thin crust, but this was really good. First pizza was: layer of cheese, mushrooms, bell peppers, sauce, more cheeses tossed with spinach, topped with pepperoni. Second pizza was: layer of cheese, mushrooms, spinach, sauce, cheese with more spinach, topped with roasted tomato slices.

My next experiment: Foigasse a la Foix. Looks amazing.

When I was in high school I worked at our local pizza parlor which was one of many called Shakey's.

Now, to properly make a pizza you need a pan, then you:

1  -  Place dough on pan.
2  -  Spread tomato sauce.
3  -  Place mozart-Rella cheese in a pile at the center of the pizza then use your hand and spread the
       cheese evenly over the entire dough.
4  -  Sprinkle a little jack on the mozart-Rella, then sprinkle a little paramsion.
5  -  Begin with your largest topping, i.e. Salami, pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, olives, shrimp, etc.

That's how you make or prep a pizza!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on February 10, 2018, 10:09:43 PM
Imma make a cheese burger n' fries  ;D

Have Imma make me one with mayo, lettuce, and bacon!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Cassi on February 10, 2018, 10:33:53 PM
Have Imma make me one with mayo, lettuce, and bacon!!!
There you go ruining things with mayo again.  Atop the burger should be blue cheese crumbles, thick cut bacon and Heinz 57.  Onion straws are optional but then the whole thing should be on a toasted onion bun. 

Keep the lettuce and tomato for the side salad and away from the burger. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Cassi

Quote from: TonyaW on February 10, 2018, 10:50:17 PM
There you go ruining things with mayo again.  Atop the burger should be blue cheese crumbles, thick cut bacon and Heinz 57.  Onion straws are optional but then the whole thing should be on a toasted onion bun. 

Keep the lettuce and tomato for the side salad and away from the burger. 

OMG!!!!!!

(O)nly (M)ayo's (G)ood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Faith

This thread confuses me.   You mean people put something beside mayonnaise on their burgers? Strange ....
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

ChrissyRyan

Ketchup, not mayo on hamburgers.  Maybe mustard too.
Pickles, onions.  Lettuce.  Cheese too that you like.  Yellow peppers?  Tomato.

Horseradish sauce perhaps?  BBQ sauce?   Maybe that just on roast beef sandwiches instead.

Not mayo or even worse Miracle Whip.

But, if you like it, go for the mayo.  It is your burger and you are to enjoy it!  :)

Chrissy
  •  

MollyPants

A burger needs to have American mustard, onions,  pickles and that part of yellow burger cheese. There's definitely no room for mayo or ketchup!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

Do you all prefer thick burgers or thin burgers?  Double burgers?
I like them big and juicy with the great toppings previously mentioned.
Toasted buns, and not the thin cheap ones, make for a good burger sandwich.
Make sure to use a good bread, toasted or not.

Put the French fries on the side, they do not need to be on the burger.

Chrissy
  •  

Kendra

Alright I'll tell ya about the most pathetic lunch I've ever been served - this was years ago on a business trip to Irvine California.  Everyone wanted to go to In-N-Out Burger, I'd never been there and I didn't wanna go as I am kinda sorta vegan part time (I've found it easier to keep the weight off by eliminating dairy and minimizing meat).  To avoid dairy I never eat garden burgers or whatever they are called.  I went along to be polite.

At the counter I scanned the menu and realized they really didn't have much other than burgers and fries, and I don't eat fried food.  I told the dude I'm vegeterian, what do they offer?  He said a gardenburger - I said sorry can't do eggs.  He said then you just want the veggie burger.  I said yes!  That's exactly what I want.  No mayo.  And a cup of water.

We all went to our table and everyone was thrilled with their great big quick sloppy lunch nom nom.  My burger looked a bit slim, I unrwapped it and... it was:
- a bun
- a slice of tomato
- some lettuce
That's it.  Nothing else.  Three dollars.

After the laughter died down I went to the counter, asked the dude - um there's something missing, half my sandwich?  And he replied - perfectly calm - no, that's what you ordered.  A vegeterian burger does not include meat.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Kendra on February 11, 2018, 08:28:56 AM
Alright I'll tell ya about the most pathetic lunch I've ever been served - this was years ago on a business trip to Irvine California.  Everyone wanted to go to In-N-Out Burger, I'd never been there and I didn't wanna go as I am kinda sorta vegan part time (I've found it easier to keep the weight off by eliminating dairy and minimizing meat).  To avoid dairy I never eat garden burgers or whatever they are called.  I went along to be polite.

At the counter I scanned the menu and realized they really didn't have much other than burgers and fries, and I don't eat fried food.  I told the dude I'm vegeterian, what do they offer?  He said a gardenburger - I said sorry can't do eggs.  He said then you just want the veggie burger.  I said yes!  That's exactly what I want.  No mayo.  And a cup of water.

We all went to our table and everyone was thrilled with their great big quick sloppy lunch nom nom.  My burger looked a bit slim, I unrwapped it and... it was:
- a bun
- a slice of tomato
- some lettuce
That's it.  Nothing else.  Three dollars.

After the laughter died down I went to the counter, asked the dude - um there's something missing, half my sandwich?  And he replied - perfectly calm - no, that's what you ordered.  A vegeterian burger does not include meat.

LOL, that's awful but it's also hilarious.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

That is funny Kendra!

Here is another story.  A teen went to a chain burger restaurant and wanted just the meat patty to save on calorie consumption, no bun was wanted.  She did not want to order a plain burger and toss out the unwanted hamburger bun. 

She was told that their hamburger meat could not be sold separately.  So she asked if she could have a plain hamburger, no cheese, and no bun.  They said okay, that was allowed, and they filled her order.

?!?!?!

Chrissy
  •  

Julia1996

Once I made mushroom burgers. Burgers made from mushrooms, ground blackbeans, ground almonds and nutritional yeast. I asked my dad if he wanted a mushroom burger and he said sure. He took a bite and got this weird look on his face. He said his hamburger didn't taste right. I told him it wasn't a hamburger it was a mushroom burger. He said yes he knew that but that the meat didn't taste right. I told him there was no meat in it and explained what was in it. He wasn't happy. He explained that a mushroom burger was a hamburger topped with Swiss cheese and mushrooms. He said it wasn't a burger of any kind that it was a nasty ass patty made from beans and nuts. Then he told me I should have better sense than to serve him some nasty thing like that. LOL. He made me fix him a real hamburger because he said he was all set to eat a hamburger.. I was only trying to give him something healthy for a change. What an ingrate. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

TonyaW

If they proved that mayo woukd make my boobs grow I still wouldn't eat it. 

Well, might depend on how much I have to eat and how fast they would grow

•  

ChrissyRyan

Julia,

I guess he was not prepared for your mushroom burger.   :)

When you served him a burger more like he was expecting, did you put Swiss cheese and mushrooms on top of it?

Chrissy
  •