Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 11, 2018, 08:57:37 AM
Julia,

I guess he was not prepared for your mushroom burger.   :)

When you served him a burger more like he was expecting, did you put Swiss cheese and mushrooms on top of it?

Chrissy

Yes I did. LOL.  He was much happier.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: TonyaW on February 11, 2018, 08:56:38 AM
If they proved that mayo woukd make my boobs grow I still wouldn't eat it. 

Well, might depend on how much I have to eat and how fast they would grow

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mayo is so good though. When I do eat unhealthy I even put mayo on my French fries.  Yum.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I actually tried mayo on three French fries last week and suprisingly, they did taste good.
I liked the ketchup better on them though.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 11, 2018, 09:08:28 AM
Mayo is so good though. When I do eat unhealthy I even put mayo on my French fries.  Yum.
I suppose it's edible. However, I've never tasted any thing and thought "what this needs is mayo".  Mayo just overwhelms everything I want to taste. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

I am thinking of making rice in the rice cooker, then slicing some squash, yellow squash, chopping some onions, and slicing some red cabbage and carrots.  Then to put the veggies in a big covered skillet with a little canola oil and let them get a bit soft, then adding a bunch of that white rice to it, then stirring it all up.  I will then add soy sauce and original SPIKE spices and stir some more.

Then serve after a few minutes on low heat.  This actually tastes pretty good.  You can add more SPIKE and soy sauce to taste to individual servings. You can add different veggies too.  You could cook it up with pieces of fried eggs but all veggies and rice is very good.

The soy sauce in the veggies and rice makes it taste very good.  I do not consider this to be an Asian fried rice dish, but more of a veggie fried rice meal.  You may have to try making it a few times until you are satisfied with the texture or softness of the veggies and the dryness or wetness of the rice.  It is best to not use sticky wetter rice out of the cooker in this recipe unless you just love sticky rice.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 11, 2018, 10:05:21 AM
I am thinking of making rice in the rice cooker, then slicing some squash, yellow squash, chopping some onions, and slicing some red cabbage and carrots.  Then to put the veggies in a big covered skillet with a little canola oil and let them get a bit soft, then adding a bunch of that white rice to it, then stirring it all up.  I will then add soy sauce and original SPIKE spices and stir some more.

Then serve after a few minutes on low heat.  This actually tastes pretty good.  You can add more SPIKE and soy sauce to taste to individual servings. You can add different veggies too.  You could cook it up with pieces of fried eggs but all veggies and rice is very good.

The soy sauce in the veggies and rice makes it taste very good.  I do not consider this to be an Asian fried rice dish, but more of a veggie fried rice meal.  You may have to try making it a few times until you are satisfied with the texture or softness of the veggies and the dryness or wetness of the rice.  It is best to not use sticky wetter rice out of the cooker in this recipe unless you just love sticky rice.

Chrissy

That sounds really good. I totally love stir fry.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

And as of late, I'm using Olive Oil Mayo!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Cassi on February 11, 2018, 10:16:56 AM
And as of late, I'm using Olive Oil Mayo!

How is that? I've seen it but never tried it.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Cassi on February 11, 2018, 10:16:00 AM
Tonya!

Mayo gave me Z cups!!!!

I see B Reduction surgery for Cassi.  Likely often too much strain in her back now with them Zs.

•  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 11, 2018, 10:48:07 AM

I see B Reduction surgery for Cassi.  Likely often too much strain in her back now with them Zs.

LMAO - Do you have a satellite watch'n me lug those Z's around in a upright shopping cart?????
Since I'm using the Olive Oil based mayo they've become "S's".

Once I go to light Mayo, maybe P's :)

Eat your heart out No Mayo Tonya!!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

davina61

had an English ( that joke is only for UK residents , tv show) Rump steak cooked on a griddle pan , just salt and pepper. Mashed spuds and carrots , green beans, cauliflower oh yes and courgette curry . Makes a bland veg tasty.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: davina61 on February 11, 2018, 02:32:40 PM
had an English ( that joke is only for UK residents , tv show) Rump steak cooked on a griddle pan , just salt and pepper. Mashed spuds and carrots , green beans, cauliflower oh yes and courgette curry . Makes a bland veg tasty.

English Rump, huh?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

davina61

No that's from a sketch show where an Indian family go to a restaurant for an English and take the piss out of the waiters ect in a role reverse way 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: davina61 on February 11, 2018, 02:57:39 PM
No that's from a sketch show where an Indian family go to a restaurant for an English and take the piss out of the waiters ect in a role reverse way

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

chicken breast hot sauce and shredded cheddar cheese
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on February 11, 2018, 04:22:09 PM
chicken breast hot sauce and shredded cheddar cheese

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Quote from: Cassi on February 11, 2018, 05:48:59 PM
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ya I love both chicken and hot sauce I can live on them
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on February 11, 2018, 05:54:41 PM
Ya I love both chicken and hot sauce I can live on them

Chicken seems to be the one thing that I make that my daughter can't seem to get enough of and the steaks and pork lions aka loins are just so so.

I feverishly rip the skin off the chicken and then stab them a few times and then put them in a baggy with lemon juice for a while.  Then use roasted garlic bread crumbs and a pinch of Joe Blows Cajun powder and then bread the chicken and bake it.  This recipe seems to really work well no matter where I buy the chicken.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

I'm using the leftover stuffed chicken from the other day to make a hot & spicy Orzo Chicken  ;D

Heat some garlic and herb pasta sauce and add some chucky mushroom and tomato bits and stir in some red hot sauce

While that's heating bring some water to boil in another pan, add about a cup of Orzo pasta and cook for about nine min.s then reduce heat
Pour cooked Orzo into a fine mesh strainer to drain then return to pan and add some butter and stir in some french cut green beans

Add some chopped onion and some olive slices to pasta sauce

On a plate make a bed of pasta and pour most of the sauce on it

Slice leftover stuffed chicken into 1/4" thick slices and arrange on top of the pasta and drizzle the remainder of sauce on top

Zap in micro. for about two min.s to bring it all together and add a bit of cheese and black pepper if desired

Drizzle with a little olive oil

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •