Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

Last night I made a chicken and artichoke heart pizza which included parmesan sauce, mozzarella, spinach, provolone, ricotta, feta, pineapple, mushrooms, olives, and onions with a bit of Italian shredded cheese mix sprinkled on top   
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on February 15, 2018, 07:01:52 PM
Last night I made a chicken and artichoke heart pizza which included parmesan sauce, mozzarella, spinach, provolone, ricotta, feta, pineapple, mushrooms, olives, and onions with a bit of Italian shredded cheese mix sprinkled on top   

V M,

Impressive pizza!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

V M

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 15, 2018, 07:08:12 PM

V M,

Impressive pizza!

Chrissy

Thank you  ;D  It was pretty tasty and I still have half of it
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

With an ample supply of those ingredients on top, I can see why you have half of the pizza left over from last night.  Maybe you should have had one of your friends over to share it with, but if I remember right, you did not even start to make it until pretty late last night. 

I am glad it turned out well!

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

kaitylynn

I had a piece of cheese and will be making a salad and veggies in a bit.  Have to get some weight off before summer so that I fit "the criteria" for my consult.
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I did not take the time to make the Brussel sprouts or asparagus last night afterall.
I am looking forward to them though!

Chrissy
  •  

PollyQMcLovely

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 16, 2018, 04:43:30 AM
I did not take the time to make the Brussel sprouts or asparagus last night afterall.
I am looking forward to them though!

Chrissy
I honestly do not understand how anyone could look forward to brussel sprouts. Why? They're like something Golem would eat in his cave in the dark.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: PollyQMcLovely on February 16, 2018, 04:56:48 AM
I honestly do not understand how anyone could look forward to brussel sprouts. Why? They're like something Golem would eat in his cave in the dark.

Do you like cabbage?  There can be a similar taste with sprouts.  They even look like small cabbages, in fact, they are a cabbage variety. 

There are some foods I do not like too!

Chrissy
  •  

Jennifer.Diamonds

•  

V M

Are brussel sprouts actually from Brussels? Who cares? I tend to like them roasted in the oven or fried in a skillet with garlic and olive oil or butter and sprinkled with pepper  ;D  They do require a somewhat mature pallet to truly enjoy them though 

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: PollyQMcLovely on February 16, 2018, 04:56:48 AM

I totally get that. I love vegetables but I was never crazy about Brussels sprouts. I think one of the problems with whole Brussels sprouts is your seasonings only reach the first couple of layers and the rest is unseasoned. Plain Brussels sprouts are just....yuck. After I started shredding them I noticed the taste was much better because the seasonings got on all parts of the sprouts. When I saute them I also add a teaspoon of lemon juice. It adds to the flavor.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

kaitylynn

Brussels sprouts!!!  My fave veggie :)

Veggie steam them till they are soft, yet firm enough to cut in half.  Drizzle with a Maple-Bacon-Lemon sauce with a pinch of salt.  Put them under the broiler until they are starting to bubble and then serve!  We have the pickiest roomate EVER when it comes to food.  If we can get him to eat anything made from vegetable matter, we are all tickled...he will actually wait for my Brussels :D
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

Kendra

I've been to Brussels.  No Belgian waffles for me.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: kaitylynn on February 16, 2018, 08:08:00 AM

Veggie steam them till they are soft, yet firm enough to cut in half.  Drizzle with a Maple-Bacon-Lemon sauce with a pinch of salt.  Put them under the broiler until they are starting to bubble and then serve!  We have the pickiest roomate EVER when it comes to food.  If we can get him to eat anything made from vegetable matter, we are all tickled...he will actually wait for my Brussels :D

My dad will eat some vegetables but the only way my boyfriend and brother will eat vegetables is if they have bacon in them, are wrapped in bacon or swimming in cheese sauce. It's like having a couple of vegetable hating toddlers. What I find weird is that my boyfriend doesn't like vegetables at all yet he loves that nasty vegemite. Weirdness.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

PollyQMcLovely

I just ate ten Brussel sprouts and they were so odious it caused a third testicle to sprout where I would much prefer to have zero testicles.

Seriously though I did just eat 10 brussel sprouts just to make sure I could still pass as an adult who eats their veggies and it was disgusting. 0/10
  •  

V M

Mmmm, Bacon and Brussel sprout Belgian waffles  ;D

- V M
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: V M on February 16, 2018, 08:37:16 AM
Mmmm, Bacon and Brussel sprout Belgian waffles  ;D

V.M.  That's just wrong. ewwww
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: kaitylynn on February 16, 2018, 08:08:00 AM

@ kaitylynn:  I know that WE will be labeled as weird and strange BUT, I too, love Brussels Sprouts!!!... steamed or baked under the broiler... LOVE EM... and they are so very good for a body!!
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Laurie on February 16, 2018, 09:54:10 AM
V.M.  That's just wrong. ewwww

That is wrong Laurie. Now Brussels sprout cheesecake,  now there's an idea!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 16, 2018, 10:32:53 AM
That is wrong Laurie. Now Brussels sprout cheesecake,  now there's an idea!

No Julia Not Brussels Sprouts. I hadn't eat them in years but I did try them again At Michelle's prepared very similar to a way Jessica suggested with quinoa (tried for the first time) and I have to say they were good.

What was  "eewwww" about V.M.'s was the combination "Bacon and Brussel sprout Belgian waffles" and now of course your horrible idea... Brussel Spout cheesecake???? Now Julia you know that is just horribly wrong.  You just want to torment me don't you, you errant mischievous youngin.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•