What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on February 16, 2018, 08:35:23 PM
Pretty sure I hear a California burrito calling to me

V M,

Sounds good.  BTW,

Q: Why did the California burrito blush, and why can you not trust it to keep a secret?

A: Because it saw the salad dressing!
A. Because it already had spilled the beans!

Enjoy your burrito.  If you use a flour tortilla, although the jokes are corny, your tortilla will not be.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 16, 2018, 09:13:50 PM

V M,

Sounds good.  BTW,

Q: Why did the California burrito blush, and why can you not trust it to keep a secret?

A: Because it saw the salad dressing!
A. Because it already had spilled the beans!

Enjoy your burrito.  If you use a flour tortilla, although the jokes are corny, your tortilla will not be.

Moo(sorella), Moo (sorella).............................
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

•  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

kaitylynn

Was planning to cook vegetarian for my partner this evening, but she is not feeling well so our daughter is bringing pizza instead.  Funny how it all works!
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

Cassi

I'm having Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz for dinner as unlike all you beautiful ladies, this girl needs more beauty sleep than is humanly possible - Sweet dreams to all.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Last night Tristan made me grilled Salmon and roasted carrots, potatoes and onions. It was really good. I can't believe he actually used the grill in the middle of winter LOL. He's pretty clueless in the kitchen but he's really good with a barbecue grill. But then he is Australian. I think Aussies are required to know how to barbecue or they get deported from Australia. lol.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 17, 2018, 07:49:01 AM
Last night Tristan made me grilled Salmon and roasted carrots, potatoes and onions. It was really good. I can't believe he actually used the grill in the middle of winter LOL. He's pretty clueless in the kitchen but he's really good with a barbecue grill. But then he is Australian. I think Aussies are required to know how to barbecue or they get deported from Australia. lol.

That sounds nice.   :)

Have you and Tristan had a meal that is native to or uncommon to most besides Aussies?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 17, 2018, 07:49:01 AM
I've always used the grill in the winter. Not as often of course, but some things like Bratwurst and steak should only be grilled. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

V M

I have a cast iron grill pan, just used it last night to grill a small round steak for my California buritto - I can grill year round and not worry on the weather  ;D

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 17, 2018, 08:03:28 AM

That sounds nice.   :)

Have you and Tristan had a meal that is native to or uncommon to most besides Aussies?

Chrissy

I've had a couple of Aussie foods. His dad made rissoles on the grill once. They were good but really they were just hamburgers without a bun. His mom made meat pies once and they were really good. She also made something she called busters. They were kind of like flat cheese biscuits. They were really good. She also made lamingtons. Lamingtons are little squares of like yellow cake and they are frosted and rolled in coconut. So far his mom has only made one thing I really don't like. Damper. It's this dry kind of soda bread. Tristan and his family really like it but I didn't like it at all.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 17, 2018, 08:21:31 AM
I've had a couple of Aussie foods. His dad made rissoles on the grill once. They were good but really they were just hamburgers without a bun. His mom made meat pies once and they were really good. She also made something she called busters. They were kind of like flat cheese biscuits. They were really good. She also made lamingtons. Lamingtons are little squares of like yellow cake and they are frosted and rolled in coconut. So far his mom has only made one thing I really don't like. Damper. It's this dry kind of soda bread. Tristan and his family really like it but I didn't like it at all.

Thanks for sharing.  I hope you feel significantly better and have more energy really soon.

Chrissy
  •  

MollyPants

Tonight I'm cooking roast squash and chilli soup with parmasan croutons :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 17, 2018, 08:24:22 AM

Thanks for sharing.  I hope you feel significantly better and have more energy really soon.

Chrissy

Thank you. I hope so too. I don't do Sick very well.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: V M on February 17, 2018, 08:17:28 AM
I have a cast iron grill pan, just used it last night to grill a small round steak for my California buritto - I can grill year round and not worry on the weather  ;D

That works for a lot of things, even acceptable brats if its too cold. Not going to put a tenderloin on it though.  Not like I can afford tenderloin a week or even once a winter. 

•  

V M

Yeah, the round steaks I get are generally pretty small maybe about like this but not quite as thick

It's a small part of a whole round steak and not so expensive, I think they call it eye of round, anyway I can get two or three in a meat pack for about $5-
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

We are supposed to have chili tonight but we will see what happens. My dad has been wanting chili and asked me to write out my recipie for him and he would make it tonight. After he read it he said " you put all that in your chili?  That's a lot of work". LOL, we'll see if he really makes it or if he buys some canned chili and heats it up which is how he made chili when I was growing up.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 17, 2018, 09:01:23 AM
We are supposed to have chili tonight but we will see what happens. My dad has been wanting chili and asked me to write out my recipie for him and he would make it tonight. After he read it he said " you put all that in your chili?  That's a lot of work". LOL, we'll see if he really makes it or if he buys some canned chili and heats it up which is how he made chili when I was growing up.
Good home made chili is an all day event. Two days if you start with dry beans.  If he's going to skimp should at least get a starter kit bag instead of canned. 

•  

V M

I've never attempted homemade chili, wouldn't have a clue  :-\

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: TonyaW on February 17, 2018, 09:09:58 AM
Good home made chili is an all day event. Two days if you start with dry beans.  If he's going to skimp should at least get a starter kit bag instead of canned. 

LOL!😂 dry beans? My dad? That's hilarious! I don't think he knows dry beans exist. If he makes it I'm totally sure he will be using canned beans. Now I'm going to tell him he has to use dry beans just to see what he says. LOL!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •