News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

I ended up having tacos.  Yummy.

I think I may take a day or two off from eating unless it is really the almost no calorie veggies with no fattening sauces and additions.  I put on a few more pounds this week to what I added the week before!  Almost ten pounds in two weeks!   Yikes!

Now I see some pleasing soft placements of this added weight but this is likely to be reversed some when this weight gain is lost.  I do not want to keep gaining weight as a trade-off for shape, as this fat will go to the tummy area too and will be felt in clothes.  I certainly do not want to buy bigger clothes.

I had better go do some squats and crunches and more, and go for a long walk.  That could not hurt.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 17, 2018, 09:01:23 AM
We are supposed to have chili tonight but we will see what happens. My dad has been wanting chili and asked me to write out my recipie for him and he would make it tonight. After he read it he said " you put all that in your chili?  That's a lot of work". LOL, we'll see if he really makes it or if he buys some canned chili and heats it up which is how he made chili when I was growing up.

@ Julia1996:   What's funny about your "canned chili" comment is that some years ago in a somewhat "local" Chili Contest (in Texas of all places!!!) the winner was found out to have used cans of Chili...  the brand was mentioned but I don't recall.  Some of it is better than the other.... but I agree with TonyaW that the best is all home made with selected and fresh ingredients.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 17, 2018, 09:01:23 AM
We are supposed to have chili tonight but we will see what happens. My dad has been wanting chili and asked me to write out my recipie for him and he would make it tonight. After he read it he said " you put all that in your chili?  That's a lot of work". LOL, we'll see if he really makes it or if he buys some canned chili and heats it up which is how he made chili when I was growing up.

I really like good homemade chili.  The last time I made it, I added lemon juice as it was all cooking, just to see how the chili would later taste.  I was amazed, no bad impact at all and it seemed to taste better than without it!  I might try lime juice next time to check that out.  Citrus can do wonders for some foods.

I suppose someone will write, in a nice way, to say that this is a common chili ingredient, you just have not used it all these years for your chili, Clueless in the kitchen Chrissy.   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 17, 2018, 09:53:32 AM

I really like good homemade chili.  The last time I made it, I added lemon juice as it was all cooking, just to see how the chili would later taste.  I was amazed, no bad impact at all and it seemed to taste better than without it!  I might try lime juice next time to check that out.  Citrus can do wonders for some foods.

I suppose someone will write, in a nice way, to say that this is a common chili ingredient, you just have not used it all these years for your chili, Clueless in the kitchen Chrissy.   :)

Chrissy

I've never used citrus in my chili and would never have thought about it until you mentioned it.☺
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 17, 2018, 10:02:39 AM
I've never used citrus in my chili and would never have thought about it until you mentioned it.☺

Julia,

If you ever try it with citrus, please let me know if it turned out well for your tastebuds.  ☺

Chrissy

•  

Roll

I use lime in that sort of stuff a lot. Orange juice works well too actually, but gotta use the high sugar stuff.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

TonyaW

When I make chili from scratch I make a sweeter type that I've heard referred to as Cincinnati style.  You serve it over spaghetti noodles with your choice of cheese, oyster crackers, onions, sour cream and hot sauce.  There's a place in Milwaukee (Marquette grads will know where)  that makes the beans separate so you can get without beans if you'd like. 

It uses cocoa powder and cinnamon and allspice along with the hotter spices.  I like black beans better than the standard red chili beans so I use those instead.  I haven't used dry beans for it in a long long time. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  •  

Roll

Oh here's a good one. Jerk Chili. I thought of it after mentioning the lime, and apparently it is already a thing:

http://hostthetoast.com/slow-cooker-jamaican-jerk-chicken-chili-plantain-chips/
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Maddie86

early dinner today, I've been cooking all afternoon! I got the smoker going but I took the water pan out and cooked at medium/high temperatures since I was doing chicken. I made a cornell style marinade for the chicken and it came out great, nice crisp skin! Pork tenderloins do well with faster hotter cooks too, so I did one of those too and that was also very good, I made some dry rub seasoning today and for some reason I could taste the cumin a lot more than usual. For sides I did biscuits, baked beans, and scalloped potatoes. The potatoes were probably the best I've had! I used a smoked cheddar in the sauce and I smoked some ham steaks too and I sliced one up for the potatoes. I also put some ranch dressing seasoning in the cheese sauce and it was so good! The biscuits came out good too, the store didn't have the buttermilk I wanted so I just soured some regular milk with lemon juice and it worked perfectly

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Maddie86 on February 17, 2018, 03:58:41 PM
early dinner today, I've been cooking all afternoon! I got the smoker going but I took the water pan out and cooked at medium/high temperatures since I was doing chicken. I made a cornell style marinade for the chicken and it came out great, nice crisp skin! Pork tenderloins do well with faster hotter cooks too, so I did one of those too and that was also very good, I made some dry rub seasoning today and for some reason I could taste the cumin a lot more than usual. For sides I did biscuits, baked beans, and scalloped potatoes. The potatoes were probably the best I've had! I used a smoked cheddar in the sauce and I smoked some ham steaks too and I sliced one up for the potatoes. I also put some ranch dressing seasoning in the cheese sauce and it was so good! The biscuits came out good too, the store didn't have the buttermilk I wanted so I just soured some regular milk with lemon juice and it worked perfectly

Wow, Maddie86, that dinner you made sure looks good... plus all the food you prepared are my favorites!!!  Whenever I cook or bake, I find it hard do make small batches so I end up having leftovers for a future lunch or dinner... which is just fine by me!!!
Oh yeah, the "make your own buttermilk" trick is something I use all the time... who keeps cartons of buttermilk in the fridge on a regular basis?... I don't use it that often and a carton of it would spoil before I could use it all.
Nice job on a good looking dinner.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Cassi

Maddie, Julia, and Ellie and VM are on my Kidnap List for cooks when I start my own country.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Cassi on February 17, 2018, 08:49:40 PM
Maddie, Julia, and Ellie and VM are on my Kidnap List for cooks when I start my own country.

I developed the skill in case I'm ever taken by 18th century pirates. Good cooks were too rare and valuable, so they never killed them.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Roll on February 17, 2018, 09:34:58 PM
I developed the skill in case I'm ever taken by 18th century pirates. Good cooks were too rare and valuable, so they never killed them.

Aye Lass!

And we shall raise the Jolly Roger over me new kountry!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Well my dad and brother managed to make decent chili. Of course they used canned beans. When I make chili I use both ground beef and steak chunks. I'm not sure how he came to such a weird idea but my brother added a package of little smokes cocktail hot dogs to it. Even so it was actually pretty good.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 17, 2018, 09:45:27 PM
Well my dad and brother managed to make decent chili. Of course they used canned beans. When I make chili I use both ground beef and steak chunks. I'm not sure how he came to such a weird idea but my brother added a package of little smokes cocktail hot dogs to it. Even so it was actually pretty good.
Maybe he thought that's how you make chili dogs?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Thea

I use my Grandpa's recipe for real Texas Chili. I use chunks of flank steak and diced jalapeños among other ingredients. I put it in the slow cooker all day. Beans in chili is practically sacrilegious.
Veteran, U.S. Army

First awareness of my true nature 1971
Quit alcohol & pot 10/22/14
First acceptance of my true nature 10/2015
Started electrolysis 9/12/17
Begun Gender Therapy 7/06/18
Begun HRT 8/01/18
Quit tobacco 11/23/18

•  

V M

I am down to my last meatball, I think I will make a short documentary film called "The Last Meatball"  8)   Naw, I think I'll just make some spaghetti and make another round of meatballs later LOL
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Thea on February 17, 2018, 10:05:14 PM
I use my Grandpa's recipe for real Texas Chili. I use chunks of flank steak and diced jalapeños among other ingredients. I put it in the slow cooker all day. Beans in chili is practically sacrilegious.

I agree, I don't like beans in chili. Gimme meat, peppers, seasoning, and depending on my mood either a dry tomato-less chili or just some tomato paste. Though when making it for chili cheese fries I like to use ground turkey personally, it absorbs the flavor of the seasoning better and lets the fries shine through a bit more than heavier/meatier chilis.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Maddie86

Quote from: Aspiringperson on February 17, 2018, 08:05:24 PM
Wow, Maddie86, that dinner you made sure looks good... plus all the food you prepared are my favorites!!!  Whenever I cook or bake, I find it hard do make small batches so I end up having leftovers for a future lunch or dinner... which is just fine by me!!!
Oh yeah, the "make your own buttermilk" trick is something I use all the time... who keeps cartons of buttermilk in the fridge on a regular basis?... I don't use it that often and a carton of it would spoil before I could use it all.
Nice job on a good looking dinner.

aw, thanks!! yeah, everything here was in big batches, I gave some to my friend tonight and then tomorrow I'm giving some to my sister and my other friend, and then I might have a little left for myself after that lol. and I usually keep buttermilk on hand! I like to make pancakes a lot, and cornbread, so I use it up quick enough. I found a really good brand that I liked but the store only seems to have it once in a while, it's so good that it ruined other buttermilks for me!
  •  

Jennifer.Diamonds

Tonight I got a little creative.. I wanted a breakfasty type dinner. So.. I made my super fluffy waffle batter (Beat the eggs into meringue basically) but left out the sugar. I added kidney beans, jalapenos, onion and bell pepper all finely diced. Cooked them up and topped them with hash browns and over easy eggs. Wifey loved them, so I'll call it a win. Wish I had bacon or ham for the side.. but hey.. there's always next time.
  •