Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyaW

Getting out the panini press for grilled sammiches tonight. 

Peanut butter and nanner.
Got some brie so maybe an ultra grilled cheese (cheddar, brie and bleu) or bacon, brie and cranberry.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

Well the scale showed fewer pounds than the day before, maybe I had carried some water weight.  I ate little yesterday and might just not plan any meals for today, but eat if I get hungry.

I want to try some of these Brussel sprouts recipes that were posted.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: PollyQMcLovely on February 16, 2018, 08:31:40 AM
I just ate ten Brussel sprouts and they were so odious it caused a third testicle to sprout where I would much prefer to have zero testicles.

Seriously though I did just eat 10 brussel sprouts just to make sure I could still pass as an adult who eats their veggies and it was disgusting. 0/10

Folklore states that Brussel sprouts might induce a golf ball sized lump under each nipple but there have been no documented findings of that happening. 

Can you fit comfortably in your pants though with that third testicle?  Inquiring minds here want to know.

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 18, 2018, 07:48:41 AM

Folklore states that Brussel sprouts might induce a golf ball sized lump under each nipple but there have been no documented findings of that happening. 

Can you fit comfortably in your pants though with that third testicle?  Inquiring minds here want to know.

Chrissy
If that were true you might get me to try them.  Though the bacon recipe I might give a taste.

Going to guess no on the third extra orb.  It's bad enough with two normal sized. A few years back I had a hydrocele (fluid around one), so imagine when one of them is the size of a lime. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

I just ate about twenty roasted Brussel sprouts and they were delicious.
I just used a liitle olive oil on them before placing them raw in the oven, I did not split them.

I have only a few left.

I also made some plain bolied ones and ate several with no additions, just plain, and they were very good.  I know I can warm the rest of these steamed ones up and they will be good later. 

I will see how these remaining roasted ones keep.  Hope to get hungry again today and finish them.  Might try some spices, but they are tasty without them.  They have a nice blackened outside layer from the oil and roasting.

Not many calories in these, the oil has more calories I think than the sprouts.

These sprouts supply dietary fiber and some vitamins.     Yes, hold the mayo.

Chrissy
  •  

Northern Star Girl

snipped: 
Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 18, 2018, 08:21:36 AM
I just ate about twenty roasted Brussel sprouts and they were delicious.
I just used a liitle olive oil on them before placing them raw in the oven, I did not split them.
- - - -
Not many calories in these, the oil has more calories I think than the sprouts.
Chrissy

@ ChrissyRyan:   I like the way that you make them... roasted... yes not many calories but lots of good things for your health.
HOWEVER, I can go nuts sometimes and not care about calories for one meal...  on my Brussel Sprouts, Cauliflower or Broccoli I like to make a cheddar cheese sauce (as low calorie as I can make it) to put on my steamed veggies!
Mmm, Mmm, Comfort Food.
I many times just make an entire meal out of veggies!
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Maddie86 on February 17, 2018, 11:55:36 PM
aw, thanks!! yeah, everything here was in big batches, I gave some to my friend tonight and then tomorrow I'm giving some to my sister and my other friend, and then I might have a little left for myself after that lol. and I usually keep buttermilk on hand! I like to make pancakes a lot, and cornbread, so I use it up quick enough. I found a really good brand that I liked but the store only seems to have it once in a while, it's so good that it ruined other buttermilks for me!

I keep butter milk too for biscuits, pancakes and fried chicken. I love buttermilk to cook with but it's totally totally disgusting to drink. Ewwww doesn't cover it. My brother has a gross habit of drinking out of the milk carton. I always yell at him for it but he still does it. Once he grabbed the buttermilk by accident. I told him not to drink it but he thought he would be cute and flipped me a bird and took a huge drink of it. I have to say that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen! Before he could get to the sink to spit it out he ended up dribbling some all over himself. LOL. I really love it when he acts like a bit of a dick and it backfires on him.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Thea on February 17, 2018, 10:05:14 PM
I use my Grandpa's recipe for real Texas Chili. I use chunks of flank steak and diced jalapeños among other ingredients. I put it in the slow cooker all day. Beans in chili is practically sacrilegious.

No bean chili sounds good to me but I always make it with beans simply because the guys I cook for have pretty simple tastes in foods as most guys do. I already know if I made it without beans they would ask why it didn't have beans in it. After last night I wish it had been chili without beans. The chili my dad made was actually pretty good but I didn't think much about the fact he used canned beans. I am one of those people who gets flatulent from beans so when I make beans I use dry beans and degass them before cooking them. Of course I had to get a fart attack in bed wouldn't you know. Tristan was asleep or so I thought. I can fart silently so when I felt the need I figured it won't make any noise and he's asleep so I'm good and I didn't get out of bed. It was silent but the smell sure wasn't!  Suddenly I hear " cripes love, I think you singed off my eyebrows! You could bottle that and use it as a chemical weapon!" Yeah, I was totally embarrassed.  Stupid beans!

Here's how I degass beans. After you've soaked your beans put them in the pot with just enough water to cover them. Add one teaspoon of baking soda and turn on the heat. As it heats up it's going to foam a lot so don't panic. As soon as it reaches a boil take it off the heat. Sometimes the water turns green so again, don't panic.Drain and rinse the beans well. Then cook as you normally would. This works best on beans that have been soaked overnight rather than the quick soak method. This trick has saved me a lot of embarrassment. I live with three guys who think there is nothing funnier than me farting.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

snipped:
Quote from: Julia1996 on February 18, 2018, 10:04:45 AM
I keep butter milk too for biscuits, pancakes and fried chicken. I love buttermilk to cook with but it's totally totally disgusting to drink. Ewwww doesn't cover it.

@Julia1996:  when I was growing up my mom would usually have a left over carton of out of date soured whole milk in the fridge ...and for baking she used that for everything in lieu of buttermilk when she ran out of buttermilk.  I do the same thing from time to time.   mmm, mmm good. .. buttermilk pancakes!
YES... disgusting to drink for certain.

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Aspiringperson on February 18, 2018, 10:52:27 AM
snipped:
@Julia1996:  when I was growing up my mom would usually have a left over carton of out of date soured whole milk in the fridge ...and for baking she used that for everything in lieu of buttermilk when she ran out of buttermilk.  I do the same thing from time to time.   mmm, mmm good. .. buttermilk pancakes!
YES... disgusting to drink for certain.

Awe, you and Julia just churn me on :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Kendra

Those pancakes sound just flat good, all around.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

kaitylynn

More for after dinner!

Homemade cheesecake :D
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 18, 2018, 10:04:45 AM
I keep butter milk too for biscuits, pancakes and fried chicken. I love buttermilk to cook with but it's totally totally disgusting to drink. Ewwww doesn't cover it. My brother has a gross habit of drinking out of the milk carton. I always yell at him for it but he still does it. Once he grabbed the buttermilk by accident. I told him not to drink it but he thought he would be cute and flipped me a bird and took a huge drink of it. I have to say that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen! Before he could get to the sink to spit it out he ended up dribbling some all over himself. LOL. I really love it when he acts like a bit of a dick and it backfires on him.

lol that's too funny! Yeah, I would never drink it, but then again I would never drink regular milk either, I always thought it was gross. I need to work on my fried chicken, it's something I love to eat but I can never get the texture right!
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: kaitylynn on February 18, 2018, 02:49:39 PM
More for after dinner!

Homemade cheesecake :D

@ kaitylynn:   YES, more pics of your finished Cheesecake and perhaps of your dinner too!  I love to see the pictures and descriptions of what others cook and bake.

•  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Roll

Quote from: Maddie86 on February 18, 2018, 02:51:16 PM
lol that's too funny! Yeah, I would never drink it, but then again I would never drink regular milk either, I always thought it was gross. I need to work on my fried chicken, it's something I love to eat but I can never get the texture right!

The best fried chicken is made in a pressure fryer, so very very difficult to do at home.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Dena

Quote from: Roll on February 18, 2018, 03:21:15 PM
The best fried chicken is made in a pressure fryer, so very very difficult to do at home.
Expensive but not difficult. We used a pressure fryer for years until the gasket gave out and we couldn't get a replacement. Out of curiosity I googled pressure fryers and found they were still made for home use however they were in the $200 to $300 price range. I wouldn't eat enough fried foods to make it worth my while but if there were a few more people around here, I might consider it.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Roll on February 18, 2018, 03:21:15 PM

For cooking chicken, is using a pressure fryer the same as "broasting?"
Is a pressure cooker the same as a pressure fryer?
  •  

kaitylynn

Will do!  I cannot wait to see it once it has cooled in to shape!  Heather is still a bit under the weather, so not sure what we will be making for dinner.  Feeling very vegetarian today...
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

I threw a small birthday party for a good friend of mine Saturday evening, had several people over to my house...  I baked a German Chocolate Cake... their favorite, well, mine too!  Who doesn't like German Chocolate cake anyway?  I made extra frosting for it... the frosting with the pecans and the coconut is to die for.  It is one of the best parts.

•