Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 18, 2018, 09:16:02 PM
I remained quite full from the two dozen Brussel sprouts from earlier so I skipped dinner.
I still have quite a few of these sprouts to eat up, maybe as a side dish.  They were certainly very good!

No mayo Tonya.  No coconut either.

Chrissy

No Mayo!!!!
That's terrible.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 18, 2018, 09:22:38 PM
No Miracle Whip either!

I think Miracle Whip is made from sterile cuckoos eggs.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Cassi on February 18, 2018, 09:24:33 PM
I think Miracle Whip is made from sterile cuckoos eggs.

Another reason I do not eat it.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Miracle whip is just nasty! ! Unfortunately I have to have it in the house because my dad likes it. Miracle whip is like mayonnaise that went horribly and tragically wrong. Just Ewwwwww!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 18, 2018, 09:46:01 PM
Miracle whip is just nasty! ! Unfortunately I have to have it in the house because my dad likes it. Miracle whip is like mayonnaise that went horribly and tragically wrong. Just Ewwwwww!

Very true Julia and if your dad has to have it he may be 5150?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Had a Caesar salad in an attempt to be healthy. Was really good.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

V M

I made one of my unique breakfast for dinner concoctions I warmly call a French Toast Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Mango/Pineapple syrup and a side of Potato Wedges  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: V M on February 19, 2018, 02:33:30 AM
I made one of my unique breakfast for dinner concoctions I warmly call a French Toast Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Mango/Pineapple syrup and a side of Potato Wedges  ;D
If you add ham to that sandwich don't they call it a Monte Christo?. 

Also, I saw your California burrito with the fries in it on a menu at the Mexican restaurant we ate at Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

V M

Quote from: TonyaW on February 19, 2018, 07:16:34 AM
If you add ham to that sandwich don't they call it a Monte Christo?. 

Also, I saw your California burrito with the fries in it on a menu at the Mexican restaurant we ate at Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Possibly, but I didn't have any ham - I just couldn't decide between a grilled cheese sandwich and French toast so I just threw them both together

Anyway, the beauty of making whatever you're making is that just about everybody anywhere you go has their own unique rendition of it, I just happen to like mine  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

davina61

With a guest for tea a banquet was made. Cooking a veg curry for freezer anyway . Made stuffed perathas ,  rice pilaf , pork vindalo , nan bread and used butter chicken and  kofta from freezer. menu was popadums and mango chutney and kofta on mini parathas starter, butter chicken rice pilaf and chili coriander nan with a side of veg curry , followed by a small spoon full of vindalo (it was a bit hot ,said 10 to 12 cashmere chili so put in 5 dried birds eye. 2 should have been enough)  and we was full anyways. Later for sweet we had a piece of almond and pistachio slice followed by sweet potato dessert with cream.Guess what left overs for tea tonight
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on February 19, 2018, 07:36:33 AM

Anyway, the beauty of making whatever you're making is that just about everybody anywhere you go has their own unique rendition of it, I just happen to like mine  ;D

Yes, quite flexible!
  •  

Jennifer.Diamonds

Ramen Noodles.. Because payday needs to hurry up so I can go grocery shopping..
  •  

MollyPants

Quote from: Jennifer.Diamonds on February 19, 2018, 08:30:04 AM
Ramen Noodles.. Because payday needs to hurry up so I can go grocery shopping..
Ahh snap! I'm raiding the veg tray to bulk it out.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

I had a bunch of Brussel sprouts left over from yesterday so I decided to warm some up and they were delicious!  Not sure if I want to eat as many as I had yesterday but I sure was pleased that these warmed up so well and tasted good.  All the roasted ones are gone but I still have some steamed ones.

I might try some asparagus spears later.  Maybe I will make this a "veggies week."  I always seem to lose a few pounds when I do.  I skip the tasty sauces, like cheddar sauces, when I try to lose weight.

Chrissy
  •  

p

Davina, I am saving up to come visit you and eat at your house--I'm drooling!

This weekend I made pozole (Mexican pork, hominy and chile soup). Hubby and I have been having so much fun eating it--it's served with all sorts of fun toppings like radishes, cabbage, onion, avocado, lime, cilantro, tostada. Yum!
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

davina61

a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: heather3791 on February 18, 2018, 06:53:04 PM
Cool thread ya'll. Anybody ever cook on the Big Green Egg? I absolutely love mine. I especially enjoy smoking a Boston Butt for like 18 to 20 hours and then pulling it apart with two forks effortlessly. Tonight I'm doing a ribeye for just 6 minutes however. Nothing beats the flavor of a good steak on the egg. I'll never cook one on a gas grill again.

I've never used one but I've heard great things! Have you ever done a brisket on it? For smoking I use a 22" Weber Smokey Mountain and I love it. A couple years ago I bought a pellet grill and the flavor just doesn't compete, I plan on selling it soon
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Pasta Salad... I made this today to go with dinner tonight.  There are so many ways to make it, the nice thing about making a salad like this is that you can put whatever ingredients you want in it, or you can chose to not put in some that you don't like.   
For extra color I like to use colored Rotini pasta (I call them "screwy noodles") and I add sliced Green Olives & Black Olives, diced Green Bell Pepper,  diced Green Onion, sliced Cherry Tomatoes and sometimes optionally...diced Cheddar Cheese, chopped Broccoli, cuts of Gallo Italian Salami and other compatible ingredients.   I make my own Olive Oil Italian Dressing,  and add it once the Pasta Salad is ready to serve. 
This is a favorite of my friends and myself. I can serve it as a lunch with a roll, or as a compliment to a wide variety of dinner entrees.
YUMMY !!!   

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •