Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deborah

One time in the Army a couple of my Soldiers thought they were having a great time throwing rocks at a squirrel until they actually hit and killed it.  I told them, "you killed it, you eat it!"  So they had campfire roasted squirrel for supper.

My father told me a similar story from the Air Force when in survival school two Airmen caught and killed a vulture.  The instructors made them eat that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

davina61

My grand parents often ate Pidgeon and rabbit caught  on the common (that's shared rough grazing for locals) , have had pidgeon myself . Anyways slow cooker night, potatoes in skins , carrots, Swede , celery, a lamb bone with some meat on, 2 lamb oxo and 1 veg oxo cubes with the water that the veg sat in over night.  Souped the rest for tomorrow, might roast some sweet pepper and top with soft garlic  cheese just to give it a bit more ziz . Just thought should have put some butter beans in, garlic bread YES
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Cassi on February 27, 2018, 02:13:16 PM
Cornish Game Hens...................................................... Nature's other pigeon :)

Those little chickens do not even need to be female to be named Cornish Game Hens.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 27, 2018, 03:23:02 PM

Those little chickens do not even need to be female to be named Cornish Game Hens.

Aha!!!! Trans-Hens!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: davina61 on February 27, 2018, 03:17:32 PM
My grand parents often ate Pidgeon and rabbit caught  on the common (that's shared rough grazing for locals) , have had pidgeon myself . Anyways slow cooker night, potatoes in skins , carrots, Swede , celery, a lamb bone with some meat on, 2 lamb oxo and 1 veg oxo cubes with the water that the veg sat in over night.  Souped the rest for tomorrow, might roast some sweet pepper and top with soft garlic  cheese just to give it a bit more ziz . Just thought should have put some butter beans in, garlic bread YES

Me thinks yer pigeons are different from our pigeons.  Maybe more Organic?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Aspiringperson on February 27, 2018, 09:38:00 AM
Mac & Cheese tonight (homemade, not the awful box stuff).....
... with a nice green veggie, perhaps Broccoli or Green Beans... or maybe a small side salad.

Light lunch today at work.... can't hardly wait for dinner tonight

Homemade with the bread crumbs on top?  :icon_dribble:
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Devlyn

•  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Devlyn

That one was a fennel and red chili sausage, but I don't trust people on matters of heat, so i added red pepper anyway. It was sufficiently Devylish.  >:-)
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on February 27, 2018, 05:47:30 PM
One of my new classics.

@Devlyn Marie:   That is my kind of meal.... simple and tasty "comfort food" 
I love how you fixed it. 
Aspiringperson
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: V M on February 28, 2018, 02:32:01 AM
I made spaghetti  ;D

@ V M:   Ahhhh... pasta, one of my weaknesses.   I have some Italian Sausage in my fridge... I might make the sauce with the sausage this morning and put it in my crock-pot to simmer.  you have just inspired me to make "sketti" (as I used to say as a little kid)... perhaps tonight or tomorrow night.   
Thank you V M for your posting of inspiration.
Aspiringperson
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

davina61

Had an idea with the soup, put some vindaloo in it ( it was very hot ) and some roast pepper but that was lost tbh , garlic bread was good dipped in. Good handful of coriander as well as it needed using . Have some left for work tomorrow with the soft cheese, garlic bread and some of the pepper
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: davina61 on February 28, 2018, 03:04:47 PM
Had an idea with the soup, put some vindaloo in it ( it was very hot ) and some roast pepper but that was lost tbh , garlic bread was good dipped in. Good handful of coriander as well as it needed using . Have some left for work tomorrow with the soft cheese, garlic bread and some of the pepper

Vindaloo?  Coriander?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Cassi

Pasta is only good with my buddy Al(fredo) on it :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on February 27, 2018, 05:47:30 PM
One of my new classics.

Devlyn,

Is that made with thin egg noodles or spaghetti?

Chrissy
  •  

Cassi

Baked Alaska, Eskimo Pie, and Moose Traks!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 28, 2018, 03:46:25 PM

Devlyn,

Is that made with thin egg noodles or spaghetti?

Chrissy

Angel hair pasta.
  •