Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roll

I'm the only person in the world not crazy about five guys, and actively don't like their fries.  :-X I prefer Cookout by far for burgers, really the only fast food (even quality fast food) burgers I like. (For those who don't know Cookout, is a southern chain that is growing fast and is just amazingly good food.)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

stephaniec

rye bread and cream cheese, macaroni salad, potato salad and marshmallos and coke
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: stephaniec on February 28, 2018, 11:02:06 PM
rye bread and cream cheese, macaroni salad, potato salad and marshmallos and coke

Mayo on the Marshmellows?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

stephaniec

oh , I forgot a vine ripened tomato with dark chocolate syrup
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: stephaniec on February 28, 2018, 11:57:34 PM

And you still forgot the Mayo!!!!!!

Thank God there's still the Mayo Clinic to preserve our dignity!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Kendra

Pumpkin soup with mochi style rice. 

They had other choices but this is what I wanted - it's good.  Had VFS surgery 6 hours ago.

Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: stephaniec on February 28, 2018, 11:57:34 PM
I saw a Cooking Network show yesterday about a scientist who had a chemistry theory about food combinations. Chocolate and tomatoes were one of the combos that both his theory and his tasters said didn't work.

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

V M

Quote from: Aspiringperson on February 28, 2018, 09:27:27 AM
@ V M:   Ahhhh... pasta, one of my weaknesses.   I have some Italian Sausage in my fridge... I might make the sauce with the sausage this morning and put it in my crock-pot to simmer.  you have just inspired me to make "sketti" (as I used to say as a little kid)... perhaps tonight or tomorrow night.   
Thank you V M for your posting of inspiration.
Aspiringperson

Ah, Thank you  8)

I love a good pasta as well, have several kinds in my cupboard  ;D  Last time I made spaghetti I made the baseball size meatballs, this time I went Bolognese with it

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: V M on March 01, 2018, 10:11:13 AM

Ah, Thank you  8)

I love a good pasta as well, have several kinds in my cupboard  ;D  Last time I made spaghetti I made the baseball size meatballs, this time I went Bolognese with it

Hugs

@ V M:   I love making the very large meatballs too!  ....
... ahhh,  Bolognese sauce, YUMMY, lots of it please! 
When I make Bolognese Sauce I put a half cup of white wine in it along with everything else... so good.
Bon appétit,
Aspiringperson
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

davina61

sausage , chips, egg and peas/sweet corn, as I had the oven on defrosted some apple and made a crumble, full now!!!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

p

Ellie your ramen looks so good--what recipe do you use?
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

MollyPants

I made huevos rancheros for supper. I've never made it before from scratch as I've never been able to make a sales that works but I found a recipe that does! It was just charred red peppers and onions so nice and simple.

We've had a lot of snow here (lots for England anyway) so I've been working from home for the last week which is nice. The shops here are running a bit low on food now though which is a bit worrying... I felt quite bad when I brought the last box of eggs!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

Not sure what is for supper tonight...  leftovers?

Maybe I will start a big caldron of stone soup.  Feel free to provide the ingredients, town folks!

Maybe we will come up with a delicious soup to fill all of our tummies.   There is a large clean stone and some water in that big metal pot, more can be added, over a low heat fire.  Sorta like a slow cooker.

Stone soup is a great example of sharing!  Please, no odd stuff like iguanas, just the ingredients that would typically go into a great soup.   Hey, I see someone bringing some tomatoes!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Devlyn

On the first day of stone soup i brought this thing for thee:
A cabbage in a pear tree.

Lo mein for me tonight. Lazy Dev.
  •  

Roll

Quote from: p on March 01, 2018, 02:47:13 PM
Ellie your ramen looks so good--what recipe do you use?

I just followed the chowhound recipe for slow cooker pork ramen, with a few minor adjustments, it was well rated and the top google result. ;D

I think i'd make a few more next time. For one, a lot more garlic and ginger. The broth was good but nothing really came through but the pork and chicken flavors. I'd definitely sear the pork a bit more until truly crisp, there was like no fat in any of it basically so could have used a bit more oil for semi frying no problem. Definitely would use some french fried onions in final product, I've seen them used in ramen before and they make a difference. I also wish I had at least a touch of kombudashi to add to the broth to give it a bit more umami flavor.

When I eat it tomorrow I'm going to mix in some yellow bean paste and some thai chilis i think.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 01, 2018, 06:46:55 PM
On the first day of stone soup i brought this thing for thee:
A cabbage in a pear tree.

Lo mein for me tonight. Lazy Dev.

LOL   :) :)

So we have tomatoes and cabbage.  A good start!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Devlyn

On the second day of stone soup I brought this thing for thee:

Two celery stalks
And a cabbage in a pear tree.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Well we have two celery stalks and two heads of cabbage, some tomatoes, the clean stone, water, all in the big caldron over fire and we have pear trees to boot.

We can simply follow your verses and see what the townsfolk share for the fine stone soup!
And others may contribute too!

Chrissy
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on February 28, 2018, 07:38:58 PM

I went to Five Guys tonight, first time there. Burger good. Fries better.
Chocolate shake with bacon was perfection.

ooo yum! I've been going there more often lately but I have yet to try a shake, I really wanna try a salted caramel one with bacon in it!

Tonight for dinner I had a spiedie sandwich. I'm guessing most of you probably don't know what spiedies are. It's an upstate NY thing, big in Binghamton but mostly unavailable everywhere else lol. It's cubed chicken (or pork) in a marinade of oil, vinegar, and some Italian herbs and spices, yum!
  •  

V M

Last night I made an odd one...

Heated a can of this muck (It's actually quite good really)

Then poured it over some elbow macaroni I'd cooked up, this proves that a lack of cheese is actually the mother of invention

Yeees... Rather  :icon_yes:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •