Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p

Quote from: Roll on March 01, 2018, 06:49:42 PM
I just followed the chowhound recipe for slow cooker pork ramen, with a few minor adjustments, it was well rated and the top google result. ;D

I think i'd make a few more next time. For one, a lot more garlic and ginger. The broth was good but nothing really came through but the pork and chicken flavors. I'd definitely sear the pork a bit more until truly crisp, there was like no fat in any of it basically so could have used a bit more oil for semi frying no problem. Definitely would use some french fried onions in final product, I've seen them used in ramen before and they make a difference. I also wish I had at least a touch of kombudashi to add to the broth to give it a bit more umami flavor.

When I eat it tomorrow I'm going to mix in some yellow bean paste and some thai chilis i think.

I am so making ramen this weekend, so exciting! I just made a big batch of vegetable stock and have been looking for a recipe to try it out with, and I just so happen to have a huge amount of pork shoulder left from making pozole. Yummm!

Speaking of pork shoulder, I have so much that I brought some for our stone soup! Thanks for thinking of that wonderful story, probably my favorite book as a child.
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Roll

Quote from: V M on March 02, 2018, 10:17:24 AM
Last night I made an odd one...

Heated a can of this muck (It's actually quite good really)

Then poured it over some elbow macaroni I'd cooked up, this proves that a lack of cheese is actually the mother of invention

Yeees... Rather  :icon_yes:

Gonna admit, I bought a buy 2 get 3 of the campbells chunky the other day, but not that specific flavor, and was really surprised how good some of them are now. I dont remember them being worth anything.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Devlyn

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on March 02, 2018, 10:17:24 AM
Last night I made an odd one...

Heated a can of this muck (It's actually quite good really)

Then poured it over some elbow macaroni I'd cooked up, this proves that a lack of cheese is actually the mother of invention

Yeees... Rather  :icon_yes:

I like the Chunky Chicken Noodle.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Devlyn

On the third day of stone soup I brought this thing for thee:

Three cans of Chunky.
Two stalks of celery.
And a cabbage in a pear tree.
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 02, 2018, 09:18:37 PM

Three cans of Chunky.
Two stalks of celery.

OMG - Oh My Gasto whatever!  You had stones, watch out when passing and don't light a match.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Roll

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on March 02, 2018, 08:59:40 PM

I like the Chunky Chicken Noodle.

The creamy chicken and dumpling is my favorite so far even if it is a little sparse on the dumplings.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

Foul memories of childhood AKA Bean with Bacon soup with grilled wieners and onions... Actually it's pretty good, I'm just feeling grumpy

It's actually French style which basically just means that it actually has some flavor to it  >:-)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Roll on March 03, 2018, 12:21:55 AM
The creamy chicken and dumpling is my favorite so far even if it is a little sparse on the dumplings.

ooo I used to love this one!

I used to get Cambell's Chunky but now I've switched to Progresso Lite, there's a couple soups I like that are less than 200 calories per can! My go-to flavors are Chicken Pot Pie and Cheesy Chicken Enchilada, yum!
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 02, 2018, 09:18:37 PM

Three cans of Chunky.
Two stalks of celery.

Devlyn,

The stone soup is gaining stock, it will end up being delicious.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Dee Marshall

Shrimp teriyaki with red pepper and green beans. The teriyaki sauce and marinade was home made. We had it on sushi rice.

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Devlyn

On the fourth day of stone soup I brought this thing for thee:

Four bags of potatoes.
Three cans of Chunky.
Two stalks of celery.
  •  

Transfused

•  

Devlyn

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 03, 2018, 03:36:38 PM
Feeling a little creative today.

Well, that certainly looks good... I will be right over with a bottle of white wine.
Hmmm... chicken, carrots, onions, peas, celery, pasta... what have I missed.
The picture made me hungry... time to get off work early and make dinner.
Aspiringperson :icon_crazy:
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Devlyn

White wine in this house can mean dandelion, jalapeno, pineapple, pear, apple, peppercorn, mango, etc. I have quite the collection of whites (and reds).
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: Aspiringperson on March 03, 2018, 04:27:49 PM
Well, that certainly looks good... I will be right over with a bottle of white wine.
Hmmm... chicken, carrots, onions, peas, celery, pasta... what have I missed.
The picture made me hungry... time to get off work early and make dinner.
Aspiringperson :icon_crazy:

Oh, by the way, it's the corn you missed. But don't worry, it's corn...there'll be another viewing tomorrow!  :laugh:
  •