Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddie86

Tonight I had some spaghetti with sauce from my favorite local restaurant. For dessert I had some girl scout cookies, yummmm!
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Maddie86 on March 04, 2018, 06:59:27 PM
Tonight I had some spaghetti with sauce from my favorite local restaurant. For dessert I had some girl scout cookies, yummmm!

The snack or the strain?  >:-)
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Maddie86 on March 04, 2018, 06:59:27 PM

@ Maddie86:  Spaghetti is one of my favorite things to order in a restaurant... what kind of pasta, meat sauce with meatballs?, Alfredo sauce?
A curious mind wants to know.
Aspiringperson
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Aspiringperson on March 04, 2018, 07:02:18 PM
@ Maddie86:  Spaghetti is one of my favorite things to order in a restaurant... what kind of pasta, meat sauce with meatballs?, Alfredo sauce?
A curious mind wants to know.
Aspiringperson

nothing special for the pasta, I just bought a box of regular store brand spaghetti noodles, I'm not the biggest fan of angel hair. It's just a regular tomato based sauce but it's very sweet and not too heavily seasoned. There's rumors that they use apple sauce in it but they're not true. I grew up eating this sauce and a lot of people think it's too sweet and don't like it but I absolutely love it! no meatballs though, I forgot to get stuff at the store for them. if you go to the restaurant though they serve "meat logs" instead of "balls", they shape them like that because they say they cook more evenly but I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes :)
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Maddie86 on March 04, 2018, 08:07:25 PM
nothing special for the pasta, I just bought a box of regular store brand spaghetti noodles, I'm not the biggest fan of angel hair. It's just a regular tomato based sauce but it's very sweet and not too heavily seasoned. There's rumors that they use apple sauce in it but they're not true. I grew up eating this sauce and a lot of people think it's too sweet and don't like it but I absolutely love it! no meatballs though, I forgot to get stuff at the store for them. if you go to the restaurant though they serve "meat logs" instead of "balls", they shape them like that because they say they cook more evenly but I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes :)
@ Maddie86:  That is interesting about the meat logs... I have never heard of that before.
  One restaurant I have gone to will serve whole Italian sausages with their sauce... about the size of a bratwurst... I love the Italian spiced meat.
Oh, and I also like a little sweeter pasta sauce. 
Aspiringperson

•  

Northern Star Girl

Last night... I made a delicious dinner... Angel Hair Pasta, Homemade Red Sauce with Homemade Meatballs.  I also made a side salad with my Homemade Italian Dressing to round the meal out.

I know that there are those on this thread that do not like Angel Hair Pasta... and Raw Tomatoes and Raw Mushrooms (on my salad) but these are some of my favorite foods.

•  

Cassi

I will be soooooooooooooooooo glad when the hormones kick in my cooking skills :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

MollyPants

We made margarita pizzas tonight completely from scratch.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

V M

Quote from: Aspiringperson on March 05, 2018, 01:34:12 PM
Last night... I made a delicious dinner... Angel Hair Pasta, Homemade Red Sauce with Homemade Meatballs.  I also made a side salad with my Homemade Italian Dressing to round the meal out.

I know that there are those on this thread that do not like Angel Hair Pasta... and Raw Tomatoes and Raw Mushrooms (on my salad) but these are some of my favorite foods.

Looks great  ;D  I like raw toms but the shrooms must be sauted
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

V M

My French Dip sandwich was heavenly last night  ;D  It was like good hot steamy sex for my taste buds
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on March 05, 2018, 02:03:37 PM
My French Dip sandwich was heavenly last night  ;D  It was like good hot steamy sex for my taste buds

Hummmmmm.  Never quite heard food describe in that manner before.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Don't let the Devyln see the angel hair - you know how she is!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Maddie86

:D :D :D
  •  

Cassi

I took some steaks out of the freezer and was just going to season them and fry them in butter.  Then the thought of mushrooms came to mind (something akin to mayo, lol) and I toss a can of mushroom soup into the pan.  Then I started thinking maybe some corn and beans and ended up getting the crock pot out and am simmer'n.

BTW, last friday after dropping my daughter off at the airport and going to the Miracle Mile Mall here in Vegas, I was asked by one of those survey people - do you use Mayo?  To which I screamed (loud enough for Tonya to hear) that I LOVE MAYO.

Ended up taking a taste test.  Apparently, one of the companies is going to start producing or test market an avocado mayo.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Roll

Well I had mild food poisoning for lunch (thank you Firehouse Subs, you have now permanently killed any desire to eat your high calorie food, so one restaurant down and 50 to go!), so I ate a small lean cuisine and a pear. Was still better than my lunch. (Seriously, Firehouse is normally great, not sure what went wrong today.)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Roll on March 05, 2018, 10:30:58 PM
Well I had mild food poisoning for lunch (thank you Firehouse Subs, you have now permanently killed any desire to eat your high calorie food, so one restaurant down and 50 to go!), so I ate a small lean cuisine and a pear. Was still better than my lunch. (Seriously, Firehouse is normally great, not sure what went wrong today.)

@ Roll: Careless food handling procedures and careless employees can be a problem at any restaurant at any time, fortunately considering the vast amount of meals served the chances of food poisoning is relatively rare.

Roll, I hope that you are OK now and not suffering any more symptoms.
Get well soon,
Aspiringperson

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Cassi on March 05, 2018, 06:57:25 PM

BTW, last friday after dropping my daughter off at the airport and going to the Miracle Mile Mall here in Vegas, I was asked by one of those survey people - do you use Mayo?  To which I screamed (loud enough for Tonya to hear) that I LOVE MAYO.

Hard enough to keep mayo out of my food here in the Midwest and now I can't keep it out my ears either.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

V M

Quote from: Roll on March 05, 2018, 10:30:58 PM

There is a sandwich shop in town I use to like because they had free delivery, but after two renditions of
'Yack Monster VS The Porcelain Goddess'  :icon_blah:  I decided "No mas mi amigos" 

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on March 06, 2018, 12:19:06 PM
There is a sandwich shop in town I use to like because they had free delivery, but after two renditions of
'Yack Monster VS The Porcelain Goddess'  :icon_blah:  I decided "No mas mi amigos"

Ah, what a difference a few years make!
Your Yack was the royal family; Up, Chuck & Delve and we drove the ceramic bus!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •