Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

Quote from: markie on March 12, 2018, 08:38:16 PM
Perhaps a 1kg tomahawk ....or maybe  pizza

Et Tu Brute?

Tomahawk?  American indians use to carry tomahawks and we have or had tomahawk missles.  Did you name a cow breed Tomahawk? :)

But now you got me thinking.  There are four pizzas in the freezer.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

I made my own version of toad in the hole  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: V M on March 13, 2018, 01:55:39 AM
I made my own version of toad in the hole  ;D

Hopefully you didn't Americanise it by including peanut 'jelly' and marshmallows, I believe it is referred to as 'Fluff'.  >:-) :laugh:
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Cindy on March 13, 2018, 02:24:14 AM
Hopefully you didn't Americanise it by including peanut 'jelly' and marshmallows, I believe it is referred to as 'Fluff'.  >:-) :laugh:

Sounds like someone doesn't like Americanization :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Ribeye steak and Tomahawk steaks are the same except you don't get or get charged for the extended meatless bone with Ribeye.

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

LOL... Naw, other than using a bacon wrapped hot italian sausage I pretty much held to my mother's old Scottish recipe  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on March 13, 2018, 02:48:34 AM
LOL... Naw, other than using a bacon wrapped hot italian sausage I pretty much held to my mother's old Scottish recipe  ;D

Are you paying me back on my earlier comment about corn beef hash, biscuits and eggs?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

Quote from: Cassi on March 13, 2018, 02:55:34 AM
Are you paying me back on my earlier comment about corn beef hash, biscuits and eggs?

No, but thanks for reminding me - I'll eventually get a round toit

- V M
  •  

davina61

lamb rogan josh (from freezer) with 2 large potato cakes that were on the reduced shelf in shop yesterday. Nice fried in butter a lovely cheesy delight
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: davina61 on March 13, 2018, 02:23:09 PM
lamb rogan josh (from freezer) with 2 large potato cakes that were on the reduced shelf in shop yesterday. Nice fried in butter a lovely cheesy delight

While I don't know who this Rogan Josh guy is, I can see lamb when I read it!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on March 13, 2018, 03:05:28 AM

You're welcome!  What are friends for?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Devlyn

More like what have I been grazing on all day! I had a Devyl Dog, some macaroni salad, some graham crackers, a bowl of beef stew, another Devyl Dog, some Boston brown bread grilled and topped with pineapples, cherries, and Hershey's syrup.
  •  

Devlyn

Don't start on the Fluff, lady!  :laugh:

Quote from: V M on March 13, 2018, 03:05:28 AM

Round toits are the hardest to come by.  ;D
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 13, 2018, 06:05:45 PM
More like what have I been grazing on all day! I had a Devyl Dog, some macaroni salad, some graham crackers, a bowl of beef stew, another Devyl Dog, some Boston brown bread grilled and topped with pineapples, cherries, and Hershey's syrup.

Devlyn Marie:   Grazing for me is not good for my eating habits and not good for my diet to keep my girlish figure.
I find it better to just stop, make a decent meal and be done!!!   Easier said than done however!!!
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I think I will have a bowl of chicken and herb dumplings soup. Progresso brand.

Chocolate cake too.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Maddie86

I came up with this idea a while back and tonight I finally got around to making it! smoked chicken enchilada mac n cheese!

I took my usual mac n cheese recipe and replaced the smoked gouda with smoked cheddar. I also put some cholula hot sauce in it and some taco seasoning and green chiles. I put some chicken breasts on my smoker and then sliced them up and put them on top of the mac, then I topped the chicken with a little enchilada sauce and then I topped the whole thing with a mexican cheese blend. It's probably the best mac n cheese I've ever made! My usual recipe is so good that I've never felt the urge to dress it up like this but I think I'm going to start playing around with it more! I wanna do a cheesesteak one next I think.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

snipped:
Quote from: Maddie86 on March 13, 2018, 07:26:04 PM
I came up with this idea a while back and tonight I finally got around to making it! smoked chicken enchilada mac n cheese!
- - - - - --
- - -- -- --
- - - -- -
I took my usual mac n cheese recipe and replaced the smoked gouda with smoked cheddar. I also put some cholula hot sauce in it and some taco seasoning and green chiles. I put some chicken breasts on my smoker and then sliced them up and put them on top of the mac, then I topped the chicken with a little enchilada sauce and then I topped the whole thing with a mexican cheese blend. It's probably the best mac n cheese I've ever made! My usual recipe is so good that I've never felt the urge to dress it up like this but I think I'm going to start playing around with it more! I wanna do a cheesesteak one next I think.

@ Maddie:  I like how you cook.... cheese, more cheese and then topped with even more cheese.   All of my favorites... Mac&Cheese and Chicken Breasts.
Now I am impatiently waiting for your Cheese-steak pics. Of course you will make it with lots of cheese.  Yummy
Danielle

•  

Maddie86

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 13, 2018, 07:56:36 PM
snipped:
@ Maddie:  I like how you cook.... cheese, more cheese and then topped with even more cheese.   All of my favorites... Mac&Cheese and Chicken Breasts.
Now I am impatiently waiting for your Cheese-steak pics. Of course you will make it with lots of cheese.  Yummy
Danielle

hehe well you might be waiting for it for a while! I can't make stuff like this too often lol. I'm meeting up with a couple girlfriends this weekend and I'm giving them some of the leftovers
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Maddie86 on March 13, 2018, 08:05:25 PM
hehe well you might be waiting for it for a while! I can't make stuff like this too often lol. I'm meeting up with a couple girlfriends this weekend and I'm giving them some of the leftovers

@ Maddie:  I fully understand.  My eyes always get bigger than my stomach so I end up cooking and baking like crazy, eat a small portion or two and then give it away to my friends.  If I ate everything I made I would look like a blimp.
My friends are always dropping by to see what goodies that I have that I want to give away.
Danielle

•