Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

Left over spaghetti and brochliflower and rutabaga fried in olive oil and tea
  •  

V M

I'm hoping to hold down a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a couple slices of bread
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

MollyPants

Left over chicken and orange stew with some spinach.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Julia1996

Last night I made pasta shells stuffed with cheese,spinach and beef.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I may cook up another batch of fajitas.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

V M

Quote from: Julia1996 on March 27, 2018, 09:05:14 AM
Last night I made pasta shells stuffed with cheese,spinach and beef.

That's sounds pretty good  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

davina61

Did some veg to go in the slow cooker tomorrow, cut potatoes in 1/2 and then 1/4rd with skins still on, same with carrots and swede and 3 small onions 2 veg cubes and 2 lamb cubes, have a hand full of cubed lamb and a bone to go in as well
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Macaroni and beef type of Hamburger Helper.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on March 27, 2018, 04:53:25 PM
Macaroni and beef type of Hamburger Helper.

Well, the Mac & Cheese Balls are somewhat ready for the final process; deep frying.  I kinda messed up and put the mixture in the freezer for 4 hours when it should have been refrigerated than made into balls.  Got the balls made up and in about 25 minutes will deep fry them.

While we were out we picked up some Stuffed Boneless Chicken Breast with Asparagus & Provolone Cheese imported from Arizona so we be styl'n.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Tonight Im making the classic guy favorite dinner. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn and green beans. I made a cherry cheesecake earlier today for dessert. Hmmm, I just felt Laurie cringe on her roadtrip. Lol.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Cassi on March 27, 2018, 06:18:37 PM
Well, the Mac & Cheese Balls are somewhat ready for the final process; deep frying.  I kinda messed up and put the mixture in the freezer for 4 hours when it should have been refrigerated than made into balls.  Got the balls made up and in about 25 minutes will deep fry them.

While we were out we picked up some Stuffed Boneless Chicken Breast with Asparagus & Provolone Cheese imported from Arizona so we be styl'n.

Mac n cheese balls. That sounds good and definitely sounds like something my guys would love.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Cassi on March 27, 2018, 06:18:37 PM

Well I do not much experience with those kind of balls Cassi. In fact, I had never heard about them!  Could be really good though!

I love eating the Cheddar cheese balls, with crackers.

What made you think the mixture had to be frozen? 
Seems like it would be harder to make balls with frozen material.

The chicken sounds really good, along with the asparagus.  You will have a nice meal with your daughter.

Chrissy

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Julia1996 on March 27, 2018, 06:23:25 PM
Tonight Im making the classic guy favorite dinner. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn and green beans. I made a cherry cheesecake earlier today for dessert. Hmmm, I just felt Laurie cringe on her roadtrip. Lol.

Julia:
  Please tell me that you are also making GRAVY for the Mashed Potatoes
...  and perhaps also for and Meatloaf !!!!!
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Northern Star Girl

It's another cold night and I put a Pot roast in my slow-cooker when I left for work this morning. 
My house will smell so good when I go home after work. 
I also put in the slow-cooker lots of veggies, carrots, potatoes, onions and whatever I could find in the refrigerator....   I also will make Gravy with the juice when I get home..... gotta have gravy.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 27, 2018, 06:47:45 PM

Julia:
Danielle

Oh of course!  If I didn't make gravy with it I would have 3 guys asking me where the gravy was. Lol. Its like an unwritten rule with them that when there are mashed potatoes there also has to be gravy. And yes, they like to put it on the meatloaf too.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 27, 2018, 06:47:45 PM

Julia:
Danielle

I make the gravy from the pan drippings and since I wrap the meatloaf in bacon it makes really good gravy.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Maddie86

I feel so disgusting, I ordered Domino's pizza tonight. It's been a long time since I had it and I saw an ad online for a good deal and the pizza looked good in it! This pizza I got was super bland and the service was so terrible, it's going to be a while before I even attempt any food from them again.

I'm bummed that I haven't been cooking much lately, things have just been hectic. I think I'm going to try to make tacos tomorrow
  •  

Cassi

Well, according to my daughter, the Mac & Cheese Balls were a 7 out of a possible 10.
The big issue was the temperature of the oil which seemed to burn the initial batch.
Lowered the heat and the rest turned out okay.  It was nice to try but wouldn't do it again
because of the time and expense involved.

On the chicken front, the pre-prepared Chicken with asparagus and mozorella cheese was good and wasn't that difficult to fix.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Maddie86 on March 27, 2018, 07:44:44 PM
I feel so disgusting, I ordered Domino's pizza tonight. It's been a long time since I had it and I saw an ad online for a good deal and the pizza looked good in it! This pizza I got was super bland and the service was so terrible, it's going to be a while before I even attempt any food from them again.

I'm bummed that I haven't been cooking much lately, things have just been hectic. I think I'm going to try to make tacos tomorrow

There's nothing wrong with ordering pizza. I order pizza a couple times a month. Pizza is GOOD! 😋
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on March 27, 2018, 06:31:35 PM

Well I do not much experience with those kind of balls Cassi. In fact, I had never heard about them!  Could be really good though!

I love eating the Cheddar cheese balls, with crackers.

What made you think the mixture had to be frozen? 
Seems like it would be harder to make balls with frozen material.

The chicken sounds really good, along with the asparagus.  You will have a nice meal with your daughter.

Chrissy

Good one on the experience with balls Chrissy.
I hadn't or wasn't aware of the Mac & Cheese Balls until last week when we were dining out celebrating Katie's 23rd birthday.  She has always been nutty over Mac & Cheese.

Anyway, here's the recipe if you're interested:

Fried Mac and Cheese Balls

Prep
    40 m

Cook
    30 m

Recipe By:erinrhodes813
"A fun and easy recipe that the kids and guests will love! It's super cheesy and absolutely one of my faves. No need for spoons with this mac dish!!"
Ingredients

1 (7.25 ounce) package macaroni and cheese mix
    2 tablespoons butter
    1/4 cup milk
    1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    3/4 cup pimento cheese spread
    1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
    2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
    1/2 teaspoon paprika

1/2 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon white sugar
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
    4 eggs
    3 tablespoons milk
    4 cups peanut oil for frying, or as needed

Directions

1. Fill a pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the macaroni, and return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the macaroni is cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 7 minutes. Drain. Stir in the 2 tablespoons butter, the 1/4 cup milk, and the cheese packet from the package.

2. While the macaroni is still hot, stir in the Cheddar cheese, pimento cheese spread, and Italian cheese blend, and continue to stir until melted. Place the macaroni and cheese mixture in a container and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.

3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the macaroni mixture from the refrigerator, and, using a cookie scoop, scoop into balls. Place mac balls on the prepared baking sheet and freeze for at least 2 hours.

4. Heat oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

5. Whisk the bread crumbs with the paprika, chili powder, black pepper, sugar, and cayenne in a shallow dish; set aside. Beat the eggs with the 3 tablespoons milk in a small bowl. Remove the mac balls from the freezer, coat in the egg wash, and then dredge in breading.

6.Fry the mac balls in small batches until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain briefly on a paper towel-lined plate; serve hot.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •