News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on March 27, 2018, 07:50:20 PM
There's nothing wrong with ordering pizza. I order pizza a couple times a month. Pizza is GOOD! 😋

Probably not really the pizza but the service moreso.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Julia1996 on March 27, 2018, 07:50:20 PM
There's nothing wrong with ordering pizza. I order pizza a couple times a month. Pizza is GOOD! 😋

oh I eat pizza all the time, I love it, I just think Domino's is pretty terrible lol. We have ton of good local places where I'm from, they kinda ruined the chain restaurants for me
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Maddie86 on March 27, 2018, 08:39:18 PM
oh I eat pizza all the time, I love it, I just think Domino's is pretty terrible lol. We have ton of good local places where I'm from, they kinda ruined the chain restaurants for me

Yeah, I don't like dominos either. I order from this family owned place. Their pizza is awesome.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Roll

There are some amazing local and semi-local Pizza places here, that's how I got fat.. The king is generally considered Sal's, who's owner Sal is, and this is not a joke. the successor to the real life Rocky. http://www.salsneighborhoodpizzeria.com/meetsal.html He had a place in NY for a long time and moved down here to semi-retire, opening a place here when he did. However, while amazing, Sal's is not even my #1 in the area because competition is so high.

Then we have Broomelli Boy's, another local place that is just amazing with some really great deals. HUGE individual slices and interesting specials.

Moving to my runner up, we've got Moondoggy's. When they have the A team working, oh dear god they are just the best. Unfortunately, they've proven slightly inconsistent (amazing probably 80% of the time, only okay the other 20%).

My personal favorite is just a pure childhood thing, Pizza Inn, which is a fairly small chain. Their crust is just the best hands down, and they do hamburger the way I like it: finely ground and well done. (Marco's is another chain that is a personal favorite that does the same, but none around here.)

God, there's really so many other good places too. Brogens is a local place that isn't a pizza place, more of a sports bar, but they have absolutely great pizza and are only like 1 minute from my house. (Though their Caesar salad is my go to, even though the pizza is amazing the salad is somehow even better.) There's another local place that was called Jonesy's, but for some reason they rebranded under another small franchise Stoner's pizza, even though their menu is the same as it was before, not sure what the deal is. They have the best cookies ever.

But you know the horrible thing? ALL THAT GOOD PIZZA BUT ONLY DOMINOS DELIVERS. (well, within a range that the pizza isn't cold and gross when it gets here.)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

Whilst out with the daughter yesterday I looked for canned lobster in the store but couldn't find any.  My daughter who loves lobster asked what I was looking for and I told her canned lobster and she pulled a Julia "Eweeeeeeee".

As for this evening, not sure.  Maybe Talapita and fries?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Cassi on March 28, 2018, 01:19:28 PM
Whilst out with the daughter yesterday I looked for canned lobster in the store but couldn't find any.  My daughter who loves lobster asked what I was looking for and I told her canned lobster and she pulled a Julia "Eweeeeeeee".

As for this evening, not sure.  Maybe Talapita and fries?

Try Amazon for the canned lobster.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Salad, lasagna, blueberry pie.

Yummy.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Allison S

I just made a small meatloaf (if you can even call it that lol) ball and ate it with pita bread and hummus. But I just want dessert now, maybe a whole grain muffin and macadamian nut white chip cookies... probably both

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

That sounds delicious.

Those kinds of nuts are a special treat.

Reminds me of Hawaii!

•  

Cassi

I am personally really not into Humus but my daughter is crazy about.

Anyway, when she got home from work we decided to go and see about a new car.  For some reason the car I gave her when she graduated back in 2013 and was old then is like the old grey mare you don't want to get rid of and get emotionally attached to.

Anyway, most likely in the next week or so we'll be getting a new car, 2018.  I have never in my life been one to buy a new car off the lot and this will be the first but with Mount Charleston not far away and my dentist who I haven't seen in a while in California, it's about time.

Going to get it in both our names as, God forbid, something happen to me I don't want my son trying to strong arm her.  He's 16 years old and not biological tied to her and try to get fresh with her a year or so ago. 

Anyway, not something to eat but just wanted to get it off my mind.  As far as dinner goes, we're going to finish eating the Mac & Cheese Balls and cook up the Chicken Asparagus and Provolone Cheese. :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Allison S on March 28, 2018, 06:53:34 PM
I just made a small meatloaf (if you can even call it that lol) ball and ate it with pita bread and hummus. But I just want dessert now, maybe a whole grain muffin and macadamian nut white chip cookies... probably both

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OMG, I'd seek out, close with, and destroy for those Macadamia Nuts; in cookies or chocolate covered :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Cassi on March 28, 2018, 07:02:49 PM
OMG, I'd seek out, close with, and destroy for those Macadamia Nuts; in cookies or chocolate covered :)

Is Cassi going nuts over those nuts?   :)
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on March 28, 2018, 07:10:18 PM

Is Cassi going nuts over those nuts?   :)

So Nutz............................................
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Devlyn

I told my boss about the canned lobster turn the thread has taken. He didn't even know it was a thing.  :laugh:

Hummus and crackers here, I suspect I'll be in the kitchen again later.
  •  

PurpleWolf

Quote from: Roll on March 28, 2018, 12:39:07 PM
There are some amazing local and semi-local Pizza places here, that's how I got fat.. The king is generally considered Sal's, who's owner Sal is, and this is not a joke. the successor to the real life Rocky. http://www.salsneighborhoodpizzeria.com/meetsal.html He had a place in NY for a long time and moved down here to semi-retire, opening a place here when he did. However, while amazing, Sal's is not even my #1 in the area because competition is so high.

Then we have Broomelli Boy's, another local place that is just amazing with some really great deals. HUGE individual slices and interesting specials.

Moving to my runner up, we've got Moondoggy's. When they have the A team working, oh dear god they are just the best. Unfortunately, they've proven slightly inconsistent (amazing probably 80% of the time, only okay the other 20%).

My personal favorite is just a pure childhood thing, Pizza Inn, which is a fairly small chain. Their crust is just the best hands down, and they do hamburger the way I like it: finely ground and well done. (Marco's is another chain that is a personal favorite that does the same, but none around here.)

God, there's really so many other good places too. Brogens is a local place that isn't a pizza place, more of a sports bar, but they have absolutely great pizza and are only like 1 minute from my house. (Though their Caesar salad is my go to, even though the pizza is amazing the salad is somehow even better.) There's another local place that was called Jonesy's, but for some reason they rebranded under another small franchise Stoner's pizza, even though their menu is the same as it was before, not sure what the deal is. They have the best cookies ever.

But you know the horrible thing? ALL THAT GOOD PIZZA BUT ONLY DOMINOS DELIVERS. (well, within a range that the pizza isn't cold and gross when it gets here.)

OMG....xD! You are making my mouth water!!!

Quote from: Roll on March 28, 2018, 12:39:07 PM
Stoner's pizza
Why does that sound like Boner's pizza to me   ;D?!!
!!!REBIRTH=legal name change on Feb 16th 2018!!!
This is where life begins for me. It's a miracle I finally got it done.

My body is the home of my soul; not the other way around.

I'm more than anything an individual; I'm too complex to be put in any box.

- A social butterfly not living in social isolation anymore  ;D -
(Highly approachable but difficult to grasp)

The past is overrated - why stick with it when you are able to recreate yourself every day
  •  

Maddie86

Tacos tonight!

last night I marinaded some chicken breasts in a mix of vegetable oil, chili lime hot sauce, taco seasoning, and a splash of taco sauce, yum! I grilled that up when I got home from work today and I also grilled the tortillas a little and then I put the chicken on and added taco sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickled jalapenos, and chili lime hot sauce. these were so good! and the best part is that I didn't even use a whole chicken breast! I have a bunch of leftover meat to make more with!

Oh and I really needed coffee this afternoon too lol. Intelligentsia is my favorite coffee that I can buy in a grocery store around here, I love it but I can't drink it too often because it's $11 a bag :( I did order a tank top from them though that came in today!
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Maddie86 on March 28, 2018, 08:08:10 PM
Tacos tonight!

last night I marinaded some chicken breasts in a mix of vegetable oil, chili lime hot sauce, taco seasoning, and a splash of taco sauce, yum! I grilled that up when I got home from work today and I also grilled the tortillas a little and then I put the chicken on and added taco sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickled jalapenos, and chili lime hot sauce. these were so good! and the best part is that I didn't even use a whole chicken breast! I have a bunch of leftover meat to make more with!

Oh and I really needed coffee this afternoon too lol. Intelligentsia is my favorite coffee that I can buy in a grocery store around here, I love it but I can't drink it too often because it's $11 a bag :( I did order a tank top from them though that came in today!

Well Maddie, that really looks very appetizing... nice job on your dinner preparation...  I am certain that it tastes as good as it looks in your photo that you posted.

Left over chicken is so useful for lots of quick meals, tacos, burritos, chicken on your salads, chicken and rice casseroles, chicken salad sandwiches, chicken noodle soup, etc, etc.   It never sits long in my fridge at my house.

Oh, and COFFEE....  in my opinion, $11 a bag is not at all too much to spend for a quality coffee that you like.   
***Oh, and do post a picture of you and the tank top when you get a chance!!!   You wearing it if you feel comfortable doing that, or perhaps a picture of you, with the tank top... ???

Hugs, and thanks for posting a photo of your yummy dinner.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

MollyPants

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 29, 2018, 11:53:50 AM
Well Maddie, that really looks very appetizing... nice job on your dinner preparation...  I am certain that it tastes as good as it looks in your photo that you posted.

Left over chicken is so useful for lots of quick meals, tacos, burritos, chicken on your salads, chicken and rice casseroles, chicken salad sandwiches, chicken noodle soup, etc, etc.   It never sits long in my fridge at my house.

Oh, and COFFEE....  in my opinion, $11 a bag is not at all too much to spend for a quality coffee that you like.   
***Oh, and do post a picture of you and the tank top when you get a chance!!!   You wearing it if you feel comfortable doing that, or perhaps a picture of you, with the tank top... ???

Hugs, and thanks for posting a photo of your yummy dinner.
Danielle
Left over chicken is so useful. I use to make chicken satay to have in my salad at lunch or we cook it up with some jerk spice and fry it with rice and peas for quick supper. It's great because a whole chicken keeps us going for week.

Tonight I'm cooking ramen :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: MollyPants on March 29, 2018, 02:11:21 PM
Left over chicken is so useful. I use to make chicken satay to have in my salad at lunch or we cook it up with some jerk spice and fry it with rice and peas for quick supper. It's great because a whole chicken keeps us going for week.

Tonight I'm cooking ramen :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

MollyPants: 
With chicken?
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •