Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

So many of you are such good cooks or chefs!
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Roll

Went to a random Mexican place I was near running errands I'd never been to before. Prices seemed really high, but I gave it a go anyway. Ordered Shrimp Diablo. With tip wound up being 17 bucks. ... And all they gave me was 6 shrimp. No veggies. A tiny portion of dry, terrible rice. Six. Shrimp. And to add insult to injury, they only gave me 2 tortillas instead of the usual 3. ;D So since that was all like 250 calories anyway, I said screw it and got a piece of pizza.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Allison S

I had brownies and now some cheese puffs. I should've had a salad

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Devlyn

Egg rolls, but don't anyone tell Megan. I told her I was all done with takeout.
  •  

davina61

She will find out (I wont tell) did faggots in gravy with chips (fries for you lot) and peas followed by some dried fruits , figs, prunes and apricots.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Maddie86

So I went to Christmas Tree Shop the other day for the first time ever and this caught my eye:

I tried it and I liked it! it has a good kick to it but it's a little bitter, it could have used some sweetness. I've made peanut butter and jelly burgers before, which I know a lot of people think are gross, but I really like them. If you think they're gross, then you might want to move on to the next post, because you're not gunna like what you're about to see  >:-)

Maddie's spicy PB&J burger!
beef patty topped with pepperjack cheese, bacon, and jalapenos with spicy peanut butter on the top bun and then the bottom bun has my mom's homemade strawberry jelly (amazing!) that I mixed a little habanero hot sauce in with. This was so good, I loved it! Strawberry and habanero go great together
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Maddie86 on May 11, 2018, 08:10:17 PM
beef patty topped with pepperjack cheese, bacon, and jalapenos with spicy peanut butter on the top bun and then the bottom bun has my mom's homemade strawberry jelly (amazing!) that I mixed a little habanero hot sauce in with. This was so good, I loved it! Strawberry and habanero go great together

Maddie My Dear,

I hate to say it but girl you need to find another kind of therapist to discuss this penchant for oddball tastes. I like spicy foods but you need professional help for this one.  Girl you are strange. But I luvs ya! I am kidding, but I'm not trying it.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

stephaniec

pastrami sandwiches  and sauerkraut and Koolaid
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Maddie86 on May 11, 2018, 08:10:17 PM

This is genius....or an outrage.  :laugh:
  •  

V M

What goes in the belly must come out of one end or the other, either way the afterburners will rock the Richter scale at some point in time  >:-)

- V M
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Laurie on May 11, 2018, 08:36:10 PM
Maddie My Dear,

I hate to say it but girl you need to find another kind of therapist to discuss this penchant for oddball tastes. I like spicy foods but you need professional help for this one.  Girl you are strange. But I luvs ya! I am kidding, but I'm not trying it.

Hugs,
   Laurie
Please, Laurie, the burger is perfectly fine although I might have used jalapeno jelly instead of doctored strawberry. Spice and peanut together is a common combination in Thai food.

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Dee Marshall on May 12, 2018, 07:10:32 AM
Please, Laurie, the burger is perfectly fine although I might have used jalapeno jelly instead of doctored strawberry. Spice and peanut together is a common combination in Thai food.

I said I was kidding...

•  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Laurie on May 12, 2018, 11:13:09 AM
I said I was kidding...
Sorry, my humor is a little too dry sometimes.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

davina61

a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Dee Marshall on May 12, 2018, 12:50:50 PM
Sorry, my humor is a little too dry sometimes.

No problem  Dee I was not sure sorry

•  

Roll

Well today is full of surprises. (See my thread for the disturbingly hilarious one. That's right, I just plugged me thread. ;D)

So I am trying to use up all of my cooking materials I've stock piled over the years, stuff that's in the freezer, etc. to start to get ready to move at the end of summer without having to haul food with me. In that vein, I grabbed a few items that I needed to use up and tried to toss something together. Best combination I found was chorizo, two chicken breasts, onion and garlic, and a pack of corn tortilla shells that just sat there since I normally use flour. I settle on making Taquitos. Well, somehow I stumbled into what may be my favorite meal I've ever cooked. I mean, I normally talk down my food to everyone around me (I undercooked it, didn't use enough seasoning, etc.)... but not this. It was just unequivocally delicious and I am owning that entirely! ;D So, here's the recipe!

First, homemade salsa. I was missing a few ingredients of traditional salsa, but I think this worked out better in the end. One can of diced tomatoes, one whole onion, one whole bulb of garlic, onion and garlic chopped roughly and put in blender with the tomatoes. Then add one tbsp sugar, one tbsp cumin. Chopped up a few arbol chilis roughly and dumped them in too (seeds included. I was missing cilantro, so I made due with a blend I've been building up of fresh grown herbs including: Thai Basil, Italian Basil, Mint, and Thyme. (Previously dried and ground in a mortar/pestle.) A good bit of that as well. Then a bit of fresh basil as well, just for good measure. Blend up, kept it a little chunky. The salsa alone was okayish, but then that wasn't what it was for anyway.

Boiled the chicken breasts until cooked through, then shredded. Cooked the chorizon in a pan, I want to say around 12 ounces (was 4 of the La Banderita casings' worth). Ground really fine while I was cooking, really nice and crispy. Mixed in the shredded chicken and let it heat back through mixing it in with the chorizo grease to get that flavor all nice and set in the meat. Added in the salsa, and a touch of salt and pepper. Coated everything well and cooked the water down (no tomato paste or thickening agent, so it was a touch watery). Taste wasn't quite there, so I added a bit of generic taco seasoning, I think it was old el paso, about a packets worth. In the future, I'm going to match this with fresh herbs. The big flourish however was a packet of Sazon with saffron. Also could be matched with fresh approximation, but since it has the saffron probably not worth it. Lastly, put about a 1/3rd cup of colby jack and turned the heat off, so it would melt into the meat mixture a bit but not just disappear into it.

Took a cookie sheet with foil on it, and filled the tortillas with about a 1/3rd spatula of filling, rolled them up as best i could and packed them tightly on the pan. And by rolled them I mean I broke every shell because the tortillas were super old and brittle, but still good. Not a big deal though. Managed to match the amount of filling to the amount of shells, so that worked. I then brushed the top of the tortillas with corn oil, and baked it at 400 for about 15-20 minutes, checking at 10 and 15 and just making sure the shells weren't burning on top. Managed to get a nice crisp top crust on what sort of looked like taquito casserole.

I think what put it over the edge was the sazon, but oh my god it was perfect and if you like that sort of food I recommend it heartily.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•