Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 2.0

Started by big kim, November 23, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

islandgirl

Greek Cous Cous salad with pita and hummus!
  •  

davina61

Had a chicken carcass  so boiled it up for stock, got some more out of freezer . cut up some carrots, potatoes, swede and threw in some butter beans. In the slow cooker with stock cube and gravy granules , made a right tasty tea and enough for another night and some soup .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Pauline01

Mac and cheese with some ground beef would rather not have the beef but drs refuses to let me try vegan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Maddie86

ok, so this was actually a late lunch, but it deserves to be posted lol...

breaded chicken with homemade habanero infused alfredo sauce with chunks of ham in it. side of garlic bread and some peach grape juice :)

•  

Maddie86

Cajun spiced fried pickle chips with homemade chipotle ranch dressing. They were good for a first attempt but I wanna try a different breading next time.

•  

Michelle_P

Dessert!  I baked an apple pecan mincemeat pie. Mincemeat courtesy of @Laurie...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

davina61

made a Keema tonight to go in stuffed marrow rings for tomorrows tea, Keema is lamb mince and peas Indian style. Thought it would add more flavour than the "stock" bolognaise type filling.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Maddie86

I made sliders! I used Martin's potato dinner rolls, american cheese, spicy pickles, onions, mustard, and pineapple habanero ketchup, yummmm!

•  

V M

Quote from: Maddie86 on July 13, 2018, 07:30:49 PM
I made sliders! I used Martin's potato dinner rolls, american cheese, spicy pickles, onions, mustard, and pineapple habanero ketchup, yummmm!

You really should open a restaurant and put put people to work with your creations
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: V M on July 13, 2018, 10:21:50 PM
You really should open a restaurant and put put people to work with your creations

awww thanks!
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Maddie86 on July 13, 2018, 07:30:49 PM

Those look awesome except for the pickles.

Possibly fighting words amongst salt craving trans women, but why do so many people ruin sandwiches with pickles?

I freaking hate pickles.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Allison S

Omg those sliders looking amazing... The pickles too! Lol that's a good combo

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Maddie86

Quote from: TonyaW on July 14, 2018, 08:08:30 AM
Those look awesome except for the pickles.

Possibly fighting words amongst salt craving trans women, but why do so many people ruin sandwiches with pickles?

I freaking hate pickles.

ya know what's really funny? I HATED pickles up until this past winter! I think it might have something to do with HRT lol, I don't love them as much as some people do, but I think they work well on certain sandwiches.

Quote from: Allison S on July 14, 2018, 08:45:38 AM
Omg those sliders looking amazing... The pickles too! Lol that's a good combo

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

thanks!  :)
  •  

Julia1996

Last night I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy and corn. I always make 2 meatloaves because everyone likes meatloaf sandwiches even more than they like the meatloaf dinner. I made banana pudding for desert.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Thanks for the reminder Julia.  I haven't had meatloaf in ages.  My mom used to make it with a light tomato sauce (gravy) with green peppers.  mmmmm!
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on July 14, 2018, 11:13:37 AM
Thanks for the reminder Julia.  I haven't had meatloaf in ages.  My mom used to make it with a light tomato sauce (gravy) with green peppers.  mmmmm!

That sounds really good. I will have to try that with a little single serving meatloaf. I don't dare deviate from my usual recipie with my dad, Tyler and Tristan. If they didn't like it I would never hear the end of it. I don't know what it is with guys about trying new foods. I don't know if it's all guys or just the three I live with, but they totally don't like trying new foods. I made a cheese and mushroom quiche once and my brother made faces, rolled his eyes and asked me why I made it and said quich didn't sound like something he would like. Of course he loved it after he shut up and actually tasted it. Ugh.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Ok, I don't know what happened to Quiche. My auto correct does weird things sometimes.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Julia1996 on July 14, 2018, 10:54:26 AM
Last night I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy and corn. I always make 2 meatloaves because everyone likes meatloaf sandwiches even more than they like the meatloaf dinner. I made banana pudding for desert.
Meatloaf is weird. I don't ever say let's make meatloaf, but when it's made I can eat a ton of it.  Don't think I've ever had it as sandwich. Isn't that pretty much a hamburger?
Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on July 14, 2018, 11:13:37 AM
My wife also makes it with tomato sauce. Pretty good so it always gets made that way now.

•  

Julia1996

Actually a meat loaf sandwich is actually a hamburger. But I wrap my entire meatloaf in bacon so I suppose it could also be a bacon sandwich. But it's sacrilege to heat the meatloaf around here. They like it cold for sandwiches. I actually get asked to make meatloaf. Usually by my brother but also my dad sometimes.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

TonyaW

The bacon sounds good. I've made a meat roll before  with ham  and cheese in the middle.  Might have to try it with bacon instead of ham.

•