Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

A totally awesome day

Started by krobinson103, November 30, 2017, 10:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Hi K,

I hadn't read your thread before today and I'm sorry that I hadn't. I found the read a good one. Your wins thus far are to be commended as you have done a lot in a short time and done it well. I too will wish you good luck for the morrow. It is liable to be difficult for both you and your wife and you both will need to have a good deal of compassion for one another. I hope to hear that all has gone well.
  I am glad you have found our site and know that you have support here whenever you need it. We are here for you and your wife should she like to avail herself of our "Significant Others" forum.

Good Luck, K

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Clairetheanalytical

Wow Kelly! This is absolutely inspiring!! As someone pre-HRT starting soon I wish I had that much confidence so early in transition. The thought of things changing especially in the hips (fat-wise) is so exciting!

Get it girl! :-*
~ Claire ~
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Clairetheanalytical on December 09, 2017, 11:04:53 PM
Wow Kelly! This is absolutely inspiring!! As someone pre-HRT starting soon I wish I had that much confidence so early in transition. The thought of things changing especially in the hips (fat-wise) is so exciting!

Get it girl! :-*
k

I cheated a bit. modified my diet heavily and meditated on it with all my soul. I've known that tactic to work for other aspects of my life and it certainly seems to work for me. What I didn't expect was the... enthusiastic response from my body. Bodes well for real HRT starting on Tuesday. I don't recommend doing what I've been doing and experimenting with your bodies balances. Bloods came out as good, but the Doctor was a bit cross...
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Wow ok. Today goes beyond awesome to truly awesome. I told her, I said I understood if She never came back. She said no, I support you, but we have to be careful with the kids. We have 4-6 months before changes really become obvious. She also said She is happy to live in the same house as friends, and didn't seem phased by staying married.

This day my life begins again and I no longer have to hide from my true self.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: krobinson103 on December 10, 2017, 01:34:42 AM
Wow ok. Today goes beyond awesome to truly awesome. I told her, I said I understood if She never came back. She said no, I support you, but we have to be careful with the kids. We have 4-6 months before changes really become obvious. She also said She is happy to live in the same house as friends, and didn't seem phased by staying married.

This is wonderful news to read, I'm very happy for both of you. There will be bumps on the way, be patient and honest with each other and you'll have a good chance.
I'm rooting for 'ya! X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

steph2.0

Wow is right, Kelly! What a wonderful thing to wake up to. I'm leaking on my pillow.

I'm so happy for you!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

KathyLauren

Wow, congratulations!!  You did it! 

I know first-hand the incredible relief of hearing those words, "I support you".  Not only have you survived one of the more traumatic parts of transition, but you now have an ally by your side you can help you.

I am so happy for you!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

krobinson103

Thank you. Without the information here at Susan's and everyone's support there is no way I'd have had the courage to do that. I also managed it in Korean over the phone, which is a language I'm pretty good in,, but for this particular conversation I didn't think a lack of precision was a good idea. Found it really and hard to sleep and it all seems like a dream. I know we'll have some issues to face in the future and I'm pretty sure her parents are going to die of shock, fortunately we are 9000 miles away from them and they seldom visit.

There will be a new set of expectations and agreements to be made. 2018 will be our year and I can't wait for it.
Cherish every day.
  •  

tgirlamg

Congrats My Friend!!!!.... What a great post to start my day!!! 

Hugs!

A 😀💗🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Laurie

Good news , Good news indeed. One hurdle overcome and now you can face the others that will surely come together. Love and joy come to you...
   Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

krobinson103

Further long and in depth conversations have occurred. To help the Children She has asked that while She understands, and won't stand in the way of transition, They must see it as a 'problem' that is unlikely to be solved. This buys time in the short term, but I wonder is it the right way to approach it? Something in me bristles against this, however I think to keep my ally on this path I may have to accept her request.

The voice of reason says slow and steady, don't burn your bridges - the voice of the man who has been patient and worked hard to get where I am today. However, more and more I sense an urge to go on ahead and damn the consequences in terms of dress etc. So now instead of warring voices I have this impatient 11 year old inside me who wants to know why not right now! A far  less draining conflict, but a conflict never the less. Its a deIaying action at best. I hope I can delay long enough to  allow them time to adjust.

I sense this is going to be one heck of a  journey and this is only the beginning.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Dena

Possibly shortly after you start therapy, the children should be told. We have seen on the site the younger the children are when they are told, the more accepting they are. As long as your children know they are loved and things aren't going to change, they will accept you with little difficulty. Keep it simple but answer any questions they might have.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Dena on December 10, 2017, 10:56:11 PM
Possibly shortly after you start therapy, the children should be told. We have seen on the site the younger the children are when they are told, the more accepting they are. As long as your children know they are loved and things aren't going to change, they will accept you with little difficulty. Keep it simple but answer any questions they might have.

The next step must be therapy. I've made an appointment with our school physiologist, and suggested She join me so we can nut out an action plan that meets everyone's needs and concerns. Its a very fragile peace we have created, and I suspect if nutured will lead to full trust and understanding. If rushed, disaster awaits. Still, Rome wasn't built in a day and this relationships foundations are being rocked. Its going to take time, a lot of dialogue, and compromise on both sides if a successful equilibrium to is be gained.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: krobinson103 on December 10, 2017, 11:09:08 PM
The next step must be therapy. I've made an appointment with our school physiologist, and suggested She join me so we can nut out an action plan that meets everyone's needs and concerns. Its a very fragile peace we have created, and I suspect if nutured will lead to full trust and understanding. If rushed, disaster awaits. Still, Rome wasn't built in a day and this relationships foundations are being rocked. Its going to take time, a lot of dialogue, and compromise on both sides if a successful equilibrium to is be gained.

K

When you hit those hard rocky places that are surely going to arise, come back here and read what you just posted. Better yet copy it, print it out and keep it where you can see it as a reminder. You wrote the words and they will help you remember patience and understanding.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

krobinson103

Thanks for the support. I have to say that today is... momentous. I got my first HRT prescription of estradiol (low dose but they want to see what happens after xmas on liver function etc) and spironolactone. I was also told I have the blood pressure of an 18 year old. Not bad at 43. :) They will review dosage etc when tests show no issues.

In addition, I had to wait in a very full room for an hour as the doctor was busy with full summer weight (its summer here) female clothes on and no one cared or looked the slightest bit sideways at me. A good confidence booster. One Women even engaged me in conversation and didn't seem to notice a thing. Yay! I also got to look at my nicely manicured feet from the foot spa with pink nails while I waited.

So hopefully the dosage will keep my mind clear and happy - and I might actually be able to eat normal food. I'm getting really sick of carefully created and researched recipes! We'll see what happens in the new year.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Wow. That stuff is potent. What a rus. The T blocker made me feel a bit odd at first, but estradiol goes right to your head very quickly. Also this anti androgen really makes you thirsty and kills the appetite. Good for losing weight I suppose.
Cherish every day.
  •  

xAmyX

Glad to hear everything's working out! I had a good time reading all of this. In so many cases I see trans women's wives leaving them when they start transitioning, and it breaks my heart to think about it. I hope you two find peace with each other, and continue to hold a strong bond with yourselves, and your children. Best of wishes to you! I envy what you have. I'm still young though, age 29, so there's plenty of time to find a suitable partner. Keep on keeping on! 💝

krobinson103

Quote from: xAmyX on December 12, 2017, 08:17:04 PM
Glad to hear everything's working out! I had a good time reading all of this. In so many cases I see trans women's wives leaving them when they start transitioning, and it breaks my heart to think about it. I hope you two find peace with each other, and continue to hold a strong bond with yourselves, and your children. Best of wishes to you! I envy what you have. I'm still young though, age 29, so there's plenty of time to find a suitable partner. Keep on keeping on! 💝

Thank you for the support. I think all will work out well. Felt pretty crappy today as the spironolactone is kicking in and and my body is missing its dose of (low but present) T. I hope that phase passes soon because its not very pleasant.

As for a partner? I found the right one when I gave up looking. I think the world has the right person out there, its just a matter of being patient. Kids are a blessing as  they keep us young, and remind us the importance of having people there who love and need you. I wouldn't have transitioned before kids, but I made a promise to myself that after 40 there would be no more! They are hard work.
Cherish every day.
  •  

xAmyX

A lot of people tell me that. They say my problem is I'm looking, so I've made it official to myself that I would focus on myself, love myself, and no longer feel as though I require someone's companionship to be happy. That I'd really find happiness by engaging in more activities, and doing things that I wouldn't do otherwise. My only dilemma is that I'll end up loving myself so much, there won't be room for another. I'll definitely be a lot more protective of myself, that's for sure. I won't date just anyone. My standards are going to be a lot higher. If I'm destined to a life of being alone, then so be it, because I'll never be alone. I've always got myself. To love, to hold, to cherish, and I don't need no one.

krobinson103

Quote from: xAmyX on December 12, 2017, 11:44:18 PM
A lot of people tell me that. They say my problem is I'm looking, so I've made it official to myself that I would focus on myself, love myself, and no longer feel as though I require someone's companionship to be happy. That I'd really find happiness by engaging in more activities, and doing things that I wouldn't do otherwise. My only dilemma is that I'll end up loving myself so much, there won't be room for another. I'll definitely be a lot more protective of myself, that's for sure. I won't date just anyone. My standards are going to be a lot higher. If I'm destined to a life of being alone, then so be it, because I'll never be alone. I've always got myself. To love, to hold, to cherish, and I don't need no one.

Hold onto the certainty that what you want will come true. Someone will come along, at the right time and nothing will need to be forced. Life is a wonderful, unpredictable journey that throws in twists and turns that are surprising no matter how much we think we know what will happen. I think if you look at it that way, the perfect partner could be just around the next bend. :)
Cherish every day.
  •