News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

A totally awesome day

Started by krobinson103, November 30, 2017, 10:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: krobinson103 on February 20, 2018, 12:40:53 PM
Its funny. When I started on HRT it felt like I was pretending to a women when I went out dressed etc. Now I feel like I'm pretending to be a man if I have the unfortunate need to go out in Men's clothing. Pretty sure I don't 'pass' as a women, but I sure as heck don't pass as a man either.

I was at the supermarket with my daughter yesterday. After work, makeup up removed, just a t shirt and shorts, no bra and I was waiting in the checkout line. This girl behind me keeps starting. At this point I get stared at more if I wear mens clothing than Womens!

Well my day was just made. Met a new Teacher Aide... and He actually got my pronouns right without prompting. Hooray!

That is interesting development Kelly.  (Man clothing stares).

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 20, 2018, 04:29:07 PM

That is interesting development Kelly.  (Man clothing stares).

Chrissy

Too many mixed signals I suspect. Kids are less likely to filter that.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Today I met one of my long term goals. My weight is finally down to 99.6kg which means that I'm only 4.4kg from the ultimate target I set 6 months ago. Moving from 120kg to where am I now has totally changed the way I feel and not lugging around all that excess fat and muscle is so much better. Hoping the last push reduces belly fat enough to get rid of the last of the man gut. :) If not I guess we keep going till its gone.
Cherish every day.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: krobinson103 on February 21, 2018, 11:43:29 AM
Today I met one of my long term goals. My weight is finally down to 99.6kg which means that I'm only 4.4kg from the ultimate target I set 6 months ago. Moving from 120kg to where am I now has totally changed the way I feel and not lugging around all that excess fat and muscle is so much better. Hoping the last push reduces belly fat enough to get rid of the last of the man gut. :) If not I guess we keep going till its gone.

Sounds like you are making fantastic progress Kelly!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on February 21, 2018, 11:43:29 AM

@ krobinson103:
Well !!!  Good for you and congratulations. Losing that much weight is hard work and takes immense willpower... kudos to you.
As for our American friends like myself I had convert kgs to pounds.
120kg = 265 pounds   ...  (your starting point)
99.6kg = 220 pounds  ... (your present weight)
95.2kg = 210 pounds   ...  (your goal)

So now that I have it converted all I can say is WOW...  you have lost 45 pounds with only 10 more pounds to go before you hit your goal of 210 pounds.  But now all of your clothes are way too big for you....  not a bad problem to have for sure.  Again, congratulations are in order. 
I am certain now that without lugging around that much extra that you can now run faster and jump higher!!!!  ... and not only do you feel better but you feel better about yourself.  Keep the updates coming!!! and pictures would be nice too!!
Best Wishes,
aspiringperson
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Aspiringperson on February 21, 2018, 12:11:18 PM
@ krobinson103:
Well !!!  Good for you and congratulations. Losing that much weight is hard work and takes immense willpower... kudos to you.
As for our American friends like myself I had convert kgs to pounds.
120kg = 265 pounds   ...  (your starting point)
99.6kg = 220 pounds  ... (your present weight)
95.2kg = 210 pounds   ...  (your goal)

So now that I have it converted all I can say is WOW...  you have lost 45 pounds with only 10 more pounds to go before you hit your goal of 210 pounds.  But now all of your clothes are way too big for you....  not a bad problem to have for sure.  Again, congratulations are in order. 
I am certain now that without lugging around that much extra that you can now run faster and jump higher!!!!  ... and not only do you feel better but you feel better about yourself.  Keep the updates coming!!! and pictures would be nice too!!
Best Wishes,
aspiringperson

Thanks. With size 16 edging on too big and all the size 18 stuff baggy (even the skinny styes) Its probably time to be looking at 14. I think for my frame size (187cm, and always on the heavy side, this the 210 pound goal) 14-16 is pretty good. I'm finding that the issue becomes length. I could easily go another inch or two smaller right now at the waist line, but the length gets too short. My waist still has some space to get smaller which should enhance the shape that I want. :) The other areas? My bones aren't exactly small so I suppose thats something I can't easily change.

On the plus side, even though I'm losing size and weight elsewhere my hips and breasts are getting larger. So Fat is going to where it ought to. One interesting observation from a female colleague was that my hands look 'delicate' thats a big compliment since I have dinner plates for hands. The tendons have changed and while their physical size is identical they have curved inwards (in that they no longer default on flat when open). In fact, the knuckles are set back further than they used to be. So now I have shorter palms and really long looking fingers.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Today after work I went shopping. Despite it being almost 4pm, and I know that some facial hair had to be visible, NOT ONE person I dealt with in 1 1/2 hours misgendered or looked at me as anything but the way I presented. I even had one nice gentlemen let me into the line first. :) I even talked to a man who was pushing his agenda on environmental issues. He was very passionate about it. But he looked at me for at least 5 minutes and I could see no sign of him seeing anything other than what I wanted him to see.

Things are a changing, and the line has most definitely been crossed.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on February 22, 2018, 03:46:20 AM
Today after work I went shopping. Despite it being almost 4pm, and I know that some facial hair had to be visible, NOT ONE person I dealt with in 1 1/2 hours misgendered or looked at me as anything but the way I presented. I even had one nice gentlemen let me into the line first. :) I even talked to a man who was pushing his agenda on environmental issues. He was very passionate about it. But he looked at me for at least 5 minutes and I could see no sign of him seeing anything other than what I wanted him to see.

Things are a changing, and the line has most definitely been crossed.

@ krobinson103: very wonderful for you, things are definitely looking up in your transition, thanks for keeping us updated!  Hopefully things with your family are going well also.
Aspiringperson

•  

krobinson103

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142425753@N03/shares/Biz8vc

Me today. Still a lot of work to do, but satisfied that HRT is doing its thing. :)
Cherish every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on February 22, 2018, 11:28:52 AM

Me today. Still a lot of work to do, but satisfied that HRT is doing its thing. :)

@ krobinson103:  Your photos look terrific... your hair is growing out nicely... and yes, I can see why you may have difficulty passing as a MALE and are not always getting outed.   Oh, your bra strap is showing!! LOL
IMHO it might be time to update your profile picture!!!!
Aspiringperson

•  

Jessica

Quote from: krobinson103 on February 22, 2018, 11:28:52 AM

You are a woman!  I'm so happy for you! 
It's becoming more of a possibility for me to more permanently express my feminine self.  I feels great!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

krobinson103

Quote from: Aspiringperson on February 22, 2018, 12:01:21 PM
@ krobinson103:  Your photos look terrific... your hair is growing out nicely... and yes, I can see why you may have difficulty passing as a MALE and are not always getting outed.   Oh, your bra strap is showing!! LOL
IMHO it might be time to update your profile picture!!!!
Aspiringperson

Thanks. The not getting outed at all would be nice. :p I'll take a better pic for the profile. :)
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Jessica on February 22, 2018, 12:31:59 PM
You are a woman!  I'm so happy for you! 
It's becoming more of a possibility for me to more permanently express my feminine self.  I feels great!

Thanks, I still have to work on the middle. Too much extra padding for my liking. Get rid of that and my hips should be more obvious.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Laurie

Looking purty good, Girl. I'm still jealous at you being a loose 16  :'( :'(  Then I said oh wait she is probably using UK sizing. So I looked it up and it's worse that I thought that's a US 14 and I'm a US 18. ?cry /cry  :'( :'( :'(
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

krobinson103

Quote from: Laurie on February 22, 2018, 10:51:36 PM
Looking purty good, Girl. I'm still jealous at you being a loose 16  :'( :'(  Then I said oh wait she is probably using UK sizing. So I looked it up and it's worse that I thought that's a US 14 and I'm a US 18. ?cry /cry  :'( :'( :'(

Its only a matter of discipline and controlling what you eat. :) Thanks for the compliment. Had an interesting moment today. I got home from work, my eldest daughter says "Mum, Dad's breasts are bigger than yours." Lol, the look I got was interesting.
Cherish every day.
  •  

xAmyX

I'm gaining weight! Albeit, in muscle rather than fat. Been exercising harder than ever before, and my legs are solid as a rock. I gained 20 pounds even though I look leaner! From 120 to 140. That's all in leg muscles. My legs were so sore yesterday, it felt like I had stab wounds from a knife. ;D Time to get my butt in bed, and then keep at it! I head out upon awakening to go build these legs some more. My target is thighs, hips and butt. If my size goes up a few numbers I'll be glad, because it's going to the right places!

krobinson103

99.5 kg (219 pounds) this morning and I took careful stock of body / facial hair. Body and leg / arm hair is at least 50% fine and quite light - hard to see in anything but the brightest light. Facial hair was... not visible after 24 hours at least. I could feel it, but the density has dropped to the point its barely visible under the skin, or slightly out of it. Still responds to laser judging by the pain caused by last nights session though. I'm thinking upper lip and chin will be 60-80% reduced in a few months. Neck and sides still at about 40% reduction.

Also, I fit into the smallest clothes I wore when I was at the peak of my fitness some 4-5 years ago and weighed 190 pounds. My frame has shrunk a lot with the muscle loss etc. Very happy with progress so far.

Oh yeah best bit this morning. My youngest said "Its ok for you to turn into a girl" yay!
Cherish every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on February 23, 2018, 02:05:54 PM
99.5 kg (219 pounds) this morning and I took careful stock of body / facial hair. Body and leg / arm hair is at least 50% fine and quite light - hard to see in anything but the brightest light. Facial hair was... not visible after 24 hours at least. I could feel it, but the density has dropped to the point its barely visible under the skin, or slightly out of it. Still responds to laser judging by the pain caused by last nights session though. I'm thinking upper lip and chin will be 60-80% reduced in a few months. Neck and sides still at about 40% reduction.

Also, I fit into the smallest clothes I wore when I was at the peak of my fitness some 4-5 years ago and weighed 190 pounds. My frame has shrunk a lot with the muscle loss etc. Very happy with progress so far.

Oh yeah best bit this morning. My youngest said "Its ok for you to turn into a girl" yay!

@ krobinson103:   Great news on your weight, shape and hair issues. Thanks for the update.
Aweee... so sweet what your daughter said to you... hopefully your wife is fully on board with this.
Wishing you the best.
Aspiringperson

•  

Northern Star Girl

snipped:
Quote from: krobinson103 on February 23, 2018, 01:27:40 AM
. Had an interesting moment today. I got home from work, my eldest daughter says "Mum, Dad's breasts are bigger than yours." Lol, the look I got was interesting.

@ krobinson103:   Wow whee... that was quite a moment to remember!!!!
Aspiringperson

•  

krobinson103

Interesting trip to the op shop. Not making a lot of effort today so it was just addidas track pants and a nice trekking t shirt. I get there and a parent of one of my student from a few years ago is there. We chat. I shop, find three blouses I liked and went to pay. On the surface her conversation was agreeable but every 3rd word I get MR and SIR. Decided not to make an issue of it, but seriously, is that really necessary?
Cherish every day.
  •