Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

A totally awesome day

Started by krobinson103, November 30, 2017, 10:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krobinson103

Quote from: Allison S on June 21, 2018, 12:04:27 AM
I don't know the details of your life and household, but it always sounds explosive to me. I know how bad it is to want to transition and be our true selves. It just sounds like your family is having a very hard time coming to terms with things...?
It's just a hard situation to be in.
They definitely need time to adjust. I wish changing genders was more widely accepted and understood.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Its hard for them yes, but I think the only answer is distance. I can't come home to hostility everyday. There has to be a solution...
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

pamelatransuk

Quote from: krobinson103 on June 20, 2018, 02:21:53 PM
Yesterday I found out my eldest daughters true feelings about my transition. She thinks I'm crazy and should be in a mental hospital. I feel sad that She cannot follow me on this journey. However, I knew the cost might be high. I've lost my wife, and my daughter may or may not accept me. If the price of my life and future happiness is my family, so be it.

Hello KRobinson

I truly feel for you that your wife is so disapproving and that your eldest daughter thinks you're crazy. This must be so painful. Sadly it is so often the case that our family members are the most difficult to understand/approve.

As you suggest, distance may be the only possible solution but I hope ultimately they accept you of course.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

krobinson103

The last few days I've been thinking. Thinking about what has actually changed since October of last year. The lists is long!

Physically I don't recognize myself and others certainly don't either. I've lost a lot of weight, a lot of muscle, my face is different, my skin is different, my hair is different, my shape is different. I have almost no body hair now, my smell has changed and even if I sweat I could wear the same clothes several days in a row - something I never could have done before. I wear clothes that are 3-4 sizes smaller, and I've lost a lot of strength. I look and feel 5-10 years younger.

Mentally I'm a thousand times happier. No more anxiety or anger or empty wishing for a new body. I like my body and this in itself is a gift beyond price. But it goes further. I THINK differently, react emotionally differently (as in actually have emotions) are more patient, no longer driven to do 1000 things every day. This second puberty thing is a challenge in that impulsivity is off the scale, and libido while very different is off the scale atm.

Socially I feel... more alive more open to conversations, and actually enjoy talking and interacting with people, almost need it (shocking change that one). Women have let me into the club and men treat me differently... not sure what to make of that one yet! People accept me as a women 95% of the time now. My records and id are switched over and it still feels a bit odd to see mail that is actually gendered right arrive.

Another facet of it all is career and the loss of white male privilege. Its a thing. You don't really know it exists till you don't have it. I don't mind losing it, but especially in teaching for men, promotion comes quicker, jobs are easier to find, and in general people value your opinion more. I don't mind too much as I've never sought status anyway.

In terms of things I can actively do to transition further the list is quite short... wait! Frustrating to be sure but I've got everything in process so its matter of the system catching up. Family is still sorting it all out and I'm not sure where that lands.

The next steps are quite clear. Get surgery (orchie - this year with luck), save for srs and commercial facial removal (home laser has taken me as far as it going to I suspect). Most of all though, I need to let my internal body image catch up. I'm still surprised when people accept me as a woman.  I still look in the mirror and go - thats really me how did this happen? It hasn't sunk in that for all intents and purposes I've done what I set out to do. I think its going to take six months for a year for that to consolidate and be able to accept the new normal.

I'm really not sure what happens next. I do know that I'm happy and content for the most part. Maybe that was the goal all along. I'm also sure that despite the cost and the pain transition caused and will cause it was all worth it and I'd do it again in a heart beat.

No regrets, tomorrow is another day and it will be awesome.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Donna

Great experiences all around KR. Tomorrow is tomorrrow and it will bring what it brings. I just started laser and I'm impressed so far. It won't do much for my face, way too much white but the other colors are going away. I know what you mean by the mental feelings being so much better.
I love that I can pass and even stranger that people really do not recognize me. Had another comment last night asking who the woman was in my face book album. I
Love that part. As for privilege I really haven't noticed. So far this summer every quote I've done has been accepted where as it's typically 20 %. Someone suggested it may be the breasts.  Lol
It's weird how many similarities there are in our journey. October start on prescription meds. Weight lose and changes along the way. I'm now just under 200 and that's Alonso 100 pounds lost in 16 months. The mail I'll get straighten out soon. Had a letter arrive the other day with MS Donna all over the letter and Mr Donna on the address. Dummies but it's the government so no changing that. Lol
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

krobinson103

A red letter day!

My wedding suit which has been ill fitting for at least six months has been moved to the donate pile. That was the last item of male clothing I own. I think it means I'm ready to leave the past behind and move on. :)
Cherish every day.
  •  

Donna

Well done. Mine is still I. The closet with my funeral suit as well. Don't know why, neither will fit me anyways. Lol need to do it as I
Need more space for blouses and deesses
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
October T 14.8 / 456
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
March T 7.4 / 236
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Donna on June 23, 2018, 06:29:49 PM
Well done. Mine is still I. The closet with my funeral suit as well. Don't know why, neither will fit me anyways. Lol need to do it as I
Need more space for blouses and deesses

I tried it on this morning. the sleeves were twice as big as they needed to be, the pants were 3 sizes too big, and the shoulders were twice as wide as would actually fit me. Made NO sense to keep it. I looked like a kid wearing Dads suit. Estrogen has done a lot to change the shape of me!
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Cherish every day.
  •  

xAmyX

I don't have any of my "male" clothing I used to own. Not even the jacket my dad bought me for my birthday (2 days after I began taking hormones). Lol

Good riddance to all that once was, and hello today and tomorrow. 💗

I'm definitely seeing a feminine vibe with your facial features. Your hormones are doing their job. Keep up the good work.

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on June 23, 2018, 05:16:20 PM
A red letter day!

My wedding suit which has been ill fitting for at least six months has been moved to the donate pile. That was the last item of male clothing I own. I think it means I'm ready to leave the past behind and move on. :)

Definitely a memorable event to enjoy.  This is a right of passage when you no longer own and wear any male clothing.  I am happy for you that your transition is progressing so well... and I do sincerely hope and trust that you can work out some kind of amicable arrangement with your family relationships.  You are in my thoughts regarding that..
Please keep updating .... we want to know!!!!
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

krobinson103

Well today I feel confident enough to wear a knee length skirt for the first time. Not much of a first I suppose but significant anyway. :)
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

The staff position on my schools board of trustees is open for election. I'm seriously tempted to add some diversity to the mix and force the school to bring gender and sexuality related to more prominence.
Cherish every day.
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: krobinson103 on June 25, 2018, 02:20:27 PM
Well today I feel confident enough to wear a knee length skirt for the first time. Not much of a first I suppose but significant anyway. :)

Any such first is worth celebrating.  Any pics?  ;)

Quote from: krobinson103 on June 25, 2018, 07:43:22 PM
The staff position on my schools board of trustees is open for election. I'm seriously tempted to add some diversity to the mix and force the school to bring gender and sexuality related to more prominence.

Yeah, go for it!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

krobinson103

Well I'm faced with an interesting decision that could have some big effects on the future.

To recap marriage is a sham at best atm. Is there hope? Maybe but there is no intimacy in the picture ... ever.

Through local connections on social media I hooked up with another trans women. In the same country but quite far away. Now here's the rub. My feeling after chatting for a while is that there is real potential for a relationship of one sort or the other - long term maybe. Now moving far away would get rid of the people who knew me problem, but it means I'd see less of the kids. I wouldn't miss my wife, but the kids are different.

So, I face an interesting decision. Do I explore where it could go, and surely doom the marriage and create a split household (likely to happen anyway) or do I back away and see if there hope left?
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

After much soul searching I've come to a decision.

My family needs support but that can't doom to me to loveless life. So, I've laid down some terms and the response is so far positive. My wife doesn't want me as anything more than a support for her and the kids. Thats what she is going to get. I am have spoken with my friend and said that if she (pre hrt trans women) is willing to wait a 6 months to a year and we stay in touch and are still in the right space then I'm willing to give it a go. She is willing to do this and to be honest She also has a son so time is actually a good thing before actions are taken that cause waves.

Technically I'm still married but its no more than an empty shell so I'm going to do my best to set up my wife and kids to be self sustaining, remain available to the kids and see  if I can't find happiness in this life. Selfish? I suppose but I need someone who wants me for me... not who I was.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@krobinson103
Well, your very last 2 postings are certainly a big turning point in your life....   most of us can feel your pain as you navigate in these uncharted waters.   I am glad that you are giving all of this very careful thought with consideration for your present situation for your family.   

I can only offer one piece of my unsolicited advice... 
   Please continue to proceed slowly and very carefully with any new romantic entanglements... make certain that you have everything in order BEFORE your emotions (and hormones) get ahead of you.  Wrapping up all the loose ends of your home situation as you have been doing with you wife and kids is a priority that obviously takes precedence.
(end of my unrequited counsel)

Thanks for your update... I am wishing you well as always.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on June 28, 2018, 09:19:17 AM
@krobinson103
Well, your very last 2 postings are certainly a big turning point in your life....   most of us can feel your pain as you navigate in these uncharted waters.   I am glad that you are giving all of this very careful thought with consideration for your present situation for your family.   

I can only offer one piece of my unsolicited advice... 
   Please continue to proceed slowly and very carefully with any new romantic entanglements... make certain that you have everything in order BEFORE your emotions (and hormones) get ahead of you.  Wrapping up all the loose ends of your home situation as you have been doing with you wife and kids is a priority that obviously takes precedence.
(end of my unrequited counsel)

Thanks for your update... I am wishing you well as always.
Hugs,
Danielle

Yes I agree with your advice. I also think if it something that really would work out long term its worth waiting for. After careful thought it becomes clearer to me that the best person to accept for who I am is another trans women. Since I'm bi it doesn't matter to me what gender my partner is, in fact somewhere in the middle wouldn't even bother me.

So it comes down to this; what will it take for everyone in my closest circle to be happy? The more I transition the less my wife will be comfortable this has become VERY clear. I have a responsibility to SUPPORT them but to not to live a life of lonelyness because of it. My wife and I have discussed this, and both agree that right now its smart to just live as house mates. I also have some career issues to sort right now.

But, my gut tells me this one shouldn't get away. Its the same feeling I had with my wife back in Korea, the same feeling that told me it was time to change careers, and the same feeling that told me to transition. Its the right thing to do. If She can wait - and I hope She can then I can see a future where everyone is happier and I get some of the things I want out of life while being  there for the kids. If not, its still the catalyst for change that was needed to get the ball moving again.

It is a crossroads, but one that had to come, and one that once passed through means life can stop being on pause and everyone can move on with their lives happier in the long term. There is certainly an element of puberty mark 2 in this. Whats left of old me is whispering (cause theres not much left!) its a big risk and it is, but transition was a HUGE risk and its worked out well so far.

Its time to take the risk, roll the dice and accept how it lands
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Well so far so good. I'm actually glad there is a distance because HRT has pushed my hormones so high that judgement is... unreliable at the moment. The wise course is time and that has been agreed on. But the more I explore this new road the more it fits. There is going to be hell to pay with my wife I suspect but it may be the best thing we can do.
I still need till the end of the year to sort out some work issues and I think that shouldn't be a problem. After that? I have no idea.

This has been a year of changes and they keep on coming! Next week I have the last consult with the counselor before it gets pushed to the surgery team (eek) so the point of no return is coming up fast.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

I feel... powerful today for some reason. I think its to do with people actually noticing me as a women and that has buried some doubts that have been annoying me. I think that today for the first time I really feel I've achieved my goal. I am a women. Work to do yes, but no feeling of being fake or inadequate anymore.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Donna

That is an absolutely wonderful and powerful feeling. It make all the bad days so worth it at least for me. I'm so happy for you finally feeling you have become. Congratulations
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •