News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

A totally awesome day

Started by krobinson103, November 30, 2017, 10:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on July 28, 2018, 01:34:08 AM
Yes she is aware of these developments. Keeping it on the low burner till next year and work stuff is resolved. I really put some thought into it and this way wife gets her space, I get to be happy, and kids have parents who don't hate each other.

@krobinson103
I know that in some of your past updates that you have discussed this and I think that it is wonderful that you and our wife have come to an amicable compromise or solution.... 
Thank you for your assurance that you and your family will be OK.  This is a big relief to all of us that follow your thread and postings.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 28, 2018, 01:42:00 AM
@krobinson103
I know that in some of your past updates that you have discussed this and I think that it is wonderful that you and our wife have come to an amicable compromise or solution.... 
Thank you for your assurance that you and your family will be OK.  This is a big relief to all of us that follow your thread and postings.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

Life never turns out the way you predict it might. I had no expectations of getting as far as I have in such a short time even a year ago. Five years ago I no idea I'd end up teaching special needs back in New Zealand. 14 years ago I had no idea I'd end up in Korea. You just have to take the opportunities as they come. For the first time in my life and I am truly content and happy. That's all you can really ask.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Bit nervous today. Going to ring the hospital to book the time for my surgery consult. Hopefully its sooner rather than later. :)
Cherish every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@krobinson103
Nervousness is not required... things will happen as they are supposed to happen. 
YES, I really hope that you get an early appointment... less waiting and anticipation for a firm decision that you have already made will be much better.

And regarding your other comment... you are right, there are so many variables and things that happen in each of our lives that we have very little control over...  what you stated is so good that it is worth repeating.
Quote[author Krobingson103]
Life never turns out the way you predict it might. I had no expectations of getting as far as I have in such a short time even a year ago. Five years ago I no idea I'd end up teaching special needs back in New Zealand. 14 years ago I had no idea I'd end up in Korea. You just have to take the opportunities as they come. For the first time in my life and I am truly content and happy. That's all you can really ask.

Thanks for  your update.
As always I am wishing  you well,
Hugs,
Daneille

•  

krobinson103

Interesting experience last weekend. Chatting online as I like to do when this guy decides to hit on me. So I say thanks but no thanks. Won't give up. So I ask what part of no is unclear? I get the response 'feisty'. This made me reflect a bit. As a man no one would call me that just go away. So why is a woman who won't be pushed seen any differently? The world holds you different standards it seems. I suppose this one of those being trans shows you these differences cause you see them from both sides.

I see it at work as well. Promotion comes faster to men, its easier to get a job, and your opinion holds more weight. Even a year ago I would have said male privilege was a minor thing. Its not. Finding it hard to wrap my head around the idea that just cause you have breasts etc that you are somehow perceived as less capable.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on July 29, 2018, 02:47:11 PM
Interesting experience last weekend. Chatting online as I like to do when this guy decides to hit on me. So I say thanks but no thanks. Won't give up. So I ask what part of no is unclear? I get the response 'feisty'. This made me reflect a bit. As a man no one would call me that just go away. So why is a woman who won't be pushed seen any differently? The world holds you different standards it seems. I suppose this one of those being trans shows you these differences cause you see them from both sides.

I see it at work as well. Promotion comes faster to men,
its easier to get a job, and your opinion holds more weight. Even a year ago I would have said male privilege was a minor thing. Its not. Finding it hard to wrap my head around the idea that just cause you have breasts etc that you are somehow perceived as less capable.

@krobinson103
Regarding online sites and unwelcome aggressive messages from men.   I have stated a few times on other threads here....   in the past, for a short time right after I started transitioning I was on OKCupid and POF... and I started out trying to be polite when I would get an unwelcome message and even a unsavory first time message from a male, I would be polite and reply "no thank you"  "not interested" etc... and I would get a nasty message back calling me much worse than stuck up, they would call me the "B" word, or the "C" word, or any other nasty word their limited minds could think of ... or another ploy of theirs would be to then write back and ask "why aren't you interested" etc....  if I were to reply to that question it would just open up a big can of worms and the return message from them goes downhill from their..........
So, the best policy that I finally came up with it to NOT REPLY (even politely) .....  IGNORE is the best response .... then if they keep on messaging...  then BLOCKING (and reporting) is the only good option left.   Reporting bad messages does not provide relief on many of the sites....
BUT the good news is that Susan's Place Forums is kept clean by the Mods and Administrators and "Reporting" does provide positive action.
Susan's is a safe and friendly place full of like-minded members.....  this is the place to be for sure.
-   -   -   -   -   -   -    -    -
Regarding male privilege and employment situations.
....  I quit my old male job and immediately went full-time and relocated here to my new town to start my own woman owned business, so I fortunately bypassed all of those promotion and other job related interactions with male co-workers....   I realize that is not a realistic future employment plan for most others but it was the path that I was fortunate enough to take because of my accounting practice and education.

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

krobinson103

Voice therapy 6th of August. Still on the waiting list for the other one. Oh well. Next week will be interesting anyhow. :)
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Went to my support group last night. This weeks topic was commitment. Apart from just enjoying being accepted as a woman by cis women (very affirming in its own right) I realized that more and more its become about commitment.

Commitment to getting my career in order
Commitment to my wife's well being and future security
Commitment to my kids and their future
Commitment to new relationships and friends.

But mostly... commitment to being happy as me and accepting that the actions I need to take have consequences that are mostly negative (socially) in the short term but positive as you get further into the future.

I also finally feel like my body is my home. I feel more anchored to it. Before I just wanted to run away from it. These days it feels more welcoming and I actually like my physicality a new experience
Cherish every day.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: krobinson103 on July 31, 2018, 03:20:45 PM
Went to my support group last night. This weeks topic was commitment. Apart from just enjoying being accepted as a woman by cis women (very affirming in its own right) I realized that more and more its become about commitment.

Commitment to getting my career in order
Commitment to my wife's well being and future security
Commitment to my kids and their future
Commitment to new relationships and friends.

But mostly... commitment to being happy as me and accepting that the actions I need to take have consequences that are mostly negative (socially) in the short term but positive as you get further into the future.

I also finally feel like my body is my home. I feel more anchored to it. Before I just wanted to run away from it. These days it feels more welcoming and I actually like my physicality a new experience

Good thoughts.  I wish you the best results.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

krobinson103

Whats on top today?

Waiting. I HATE it. 90% of this journey involves just waiting for things to happen, waiting for the time to be right, waiting for agencies outside of your control. I simply want out of the tunnel that is transition (for me thats post orchie) and just get on with life. Probably another six months realistically till that happens. In a way it was easier when there was a lot to do cause you didn't have time to ponder on... waiting.

Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Facial hair thy time is up. One years course of laser booked in. :) The last stubborn remaments shall be cooked.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Megan.

Oooo feel the burn! But enjoy the smoothness [emoji5]. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

krobinson103

Today I want to talk about anxiety and fear and the effect it has on everything.

I've been looking at my professional journalling for work, re reading some of this rather long thread, and reflecting on life lately. I see a pattern I see a person who knew She was unhappy but did nothing about, knew that the status quo would lead to steady dissolution of the present situation but was stopped by fear.

On anxiety you don't even know its there if it hangs around long enough because it becomes normal. Being hyper aware and defensive is a way of life. Self doubt and fear of failure become loud and internal conflict between what you know to be true and what you think should be true take over.

Fear becomes a wall stopping self growth, or even happiness. Fear pervades every part of your life. Fear of failure, fear of letting people down, fear of reactions. Yet I have learned that fear is not a weakness but a source of strength. Every fear I face sets me up to face a larger one that has more effect on my life. This leads to success which bolsters self esteem and gives me the courage to face even larger challenges.

Since I started on hrt and transitioned towards being me I have received many comments along the lines of "you are a different person." They are right, and wrong. I think where I am now is the person I have always been but with so many self made barriers in the way that She never got a chance to be expressed. These barriers come from childhood trauma and the idea that if no one ever gets close then you can't be hurt. So yes I am the person I really should be but there is nothing new there.

On self image. Get up feel at home in your body. Look in the mirror, smile and say looking good. Compare that to a year ago. Get up damn horrible body, can't look in mirror. See a woman walk past (any woman) and think "lifes not fair". You know what? Life does provide opportunity if you look for it in every moment of every day. A small change today and the next day  and so on leads to big goals.

If I ask myself the questions today "Am I anxious?" the answer is no. "Am I dysphoric?" No. "Do I know where I am going and how I get there?" Yes.

In the opening entry to this journal I wrote "today is a totally awesome day". I want to change that statement. to say;

Cherish every day.
Cherish every day.
  •  

pamelatransuk

What a wonderful attitude you now possess. I find your present state certainly a form of motivation.

You have come far in as you say one year.

Your new 8 line statement and perhaps the whole post is well worthy of Danielle's "Positive Mindset" thread.

Congratulations on being where you are now and I wish you further success and happiness in the future and with your attitude and self esteem, you'll surely achieve that.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Northern Star Girl

@krobinson103
Thank you for posting your update and discussing your transition details and thoughts...  for anyone reading it ... it will be an encouragement for sure. 
Thank you for feeling comfortable sharing this part of your personal life.

What you stated at the end of your post is really good stuff...
Again, thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Danielle

In the opening entry to this journal I wrote "today is a totally awesome day". I want to change that statement. to say;

Cherish every day

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: pamelatransuk on August 04, 2018, 05:16:53 AM
What a wonderful attitude you now possess. I find your present state certainly a form of motivation.

You have come far in as you say one year.

Your new 8 line statement and perhaps the whole post is well worthy of Danielle's "Positive Mindset" thread.

Congratulations on being where you are now and I wish you further success and happiness in the future and with your attitude and self esteem, you'll surely achieve that.

Hugs

Pamela

@pamelatransuk    cc:  krobinson103
Dear Pamela: 
EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS!!!!   What @krobinson103 wrote was indeed motivational and displays her great attitude about the ups and the downs of emotions and life events during transitioning.  It is not all "roses" nor is it all "bad news" either. 
As you stated, in just one year of transtioning she has come so very far indeed.

I agree with you about the 8 line statement that @krobinson103 composed at the end of her posting...
.....it is indeed worthy of being included in my "Positive Mindset... put away negativity" thread.   

Please @krobinson103 feel free to share your entire posting there, or just the 8 line statement, or anything else you wish to post. 
Your attitude is truly an inspiration to all that read your words and view your pictures.
Again, Pamela, thank you for your thoughts on all of this.

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

ChrissyRyan

Kelly,

You are doing so well!  Keep your positive attitude and savor each day.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

krobinson103

Thank you for your words of encouragement you are too kind. If someone sees my words and journey and finds strength in that I'm glad I could help. As to deserving that kind of praise I have to wonder. I'll explain.

We only get one shot at this life (what happens after is beyond the the scope of this thread so I won't go there) so why not seek the path you know to be right regardless of the personal cost? Everything I have done is in essence profoundly selfish, but I realized that cannot live your life for others. In this life its so easy to look at the what ifs. So easy to worry about others might think, so easy to say its too hard.

My personal opinion on life is that we are here for a reason. Every single one of us regardless of issues our ABilities (I won't say disabilities because everyones abilities far outweigh disabilities). I am grateful I have two beautiful children and a wife who stuck by me for 14 years regardless of my flaws. I may lose them because of this year and the path I have chosen. My Father and sister will struggle to understand the decisions I have yet to make just as they find the ones I have made hard.

But, those people who truly love you will stay with you it may just take time. I know in my heart that what I am doing is right for perhaps the first time in my life and at the end of the day that feeling is worth any cost. Those that can't or won't accept what is the right path? They can make their own choices. So to some this journey is anything but positive. The long run outcome however is positive... for everyone.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Well a new and interesting event in transition and puberty mark 2.0.

Libido more specifically a very enhanced version of. I don't remember it being this... insistent even back when I was a teenager. Hopefully it backs off a bit its rather distracting!
Cherish every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on August 05, 2018, 01:26:34 AM
Well a new and interesting event in transition and puberty mark 2.0.

Libido more specifically a very enhanced version of. I don't remember it being this... insistent even back when I was a teenager. Hopefully it backs off a bit its rather distracting!

@krobinson103
Ahhhh, YES indeed, what you mentioned started happening in my transition at the ONE YEAR time frame and has continued on....   makes for interesting days when out and about among my friends, acquaintances, clients, and my suitors.
It's a jungle out there, be very careful !!!!!  ;) >:-)
Hugs,
Danielle

•